25 replies to this topic

#1 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Looking to get a new bolt for my etek 4. I don't care about oh you shouldn't upgrade. I just want to know the pros and cons and what you guys think of those bolts and which you think is better.

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well a new bolt won't really do anything; therefore, it doesn't really matter which one you get..

#3 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Not what I was looking for. I can never get a straight answer out of someone on this forum. All I want to know is what people think of the bolts not rather or not I should upgrade

#4 darthp

darthp

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Well the Hush bolt is supposed to make it more quiet, I'm not sure to what degree but I'm sure it helps a litte. The Cure 4 comes stock in the CSL so you know it's the best they've got. Not sure if the DART kit works in the Etek's or not.
FEEDBACK +10

"Inspiration, by it's definition, comes very quickly." - Jack Wood

#5 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Dart does not work in eteks. Exclusive for the ego 11.

#6 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

the reason people aren't giving you a "straight answer" is because they're trying to save you time and money by telling you the truth, that a new bolt is useless on an etek. just try to be grateful that we're trying to help you out here. with that being said, here is my opinion.

neither of them do anything significant to reflect the price that they are charging for it. keep the stock bolt, and be happy

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#7 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

I realize none of them are going to make a huge change. I'm more or less making the etek my own. Im supposed to come here for paintball answers but I'm getting no answers.

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

You're getting answers, you just don't like what you are hearing..

#9 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I realize none of them are going to make a huge change. I'm more or less making the etek my own. Im supposed to come here for paintball answers but I'm getting no answers.

you're getting answers, you're just choosing to not accept those answers. when you come in asking for opinions like this you have to be open to everything, you can't just say we're not giving you what you want because it's not what you want to hear.

but if i were to choose i would say cure4, being softer on paint is nice. even if you tone down an etek it will be loud as hell, so the hush isn't worth it.

Edited by LUXOR54, 09 January 2013 - 05:18 PM.

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#10 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'm not getting the answers I'm asking for. Hush or cure 4. Never mind. Screw it. I'm sticking to the BST. Thanks for nothing guys.

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,173 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

you did get the answers you were looking for. you asked which was better, the answer was neither. but if i had to choose i would say cure4.

you're welcome Posted Image

Edited by LUXOR54, 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#12 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:20 PM

I do mean thanks. I appreciate the effort but this is the wrong place for me to get the answers i need

#13 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

I do mean thanks. I appreciate the effort but this is the wrong place for me to get the answers i need

You need to accept that neither of them do anything to significantly effect the loudness or smoothness of the cannon you own
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#14 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

And I realize this. But Does that mean I can't put my money into my marker?

#15 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

And I realize this. But Does that mean I can't put my money into my marker?

By all means go ahead, but having an aftermarket bolt isn't going to make the marker "your own". How you treat it and use it is what gives it character.

Not trying to knock you or anything, just giving my honest opinion.

#16 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

You'r picking between shit and shite, people are telling you not to buy either for a reason. Stacked tubes almost never benefit from bolts, but it looks like you made you'r mind up before making this thread.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#17 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

Exactly. And I'm trying to figure which people think is better. I understand it won't make much of a difference I have been told 20 times. But it doesn't answer my question

#18 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Exactly. And I'm trying to figure which people think is better. I understand it won't make much of a difference I have been told 20 times. But it doesn't answer my question

The answer is that it doesnt matter which one because they're pretty much the same thing... so just pick the cheaper one.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#19 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:21 PM

Cure 4 because i don't very much care for TechT

#20 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:27 PM

Is there a reason for not liking them or just a loyal PE customer?

#21 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

Is there a reason for not liking them or just a loyal PE customer?

lol, the only Planet Eclipse product ive ever owned is a barrel bag (mind you it is a good barrel bag)
Firstly, my friend bought a TechT bolt for his mini and it wouldn't fire with the bolt. I don't like the attitude that goes into TechT's products, they are usually just the stock part, 5 grams lighter with slightly larger air holes in the bolt.
they don't really make much change in performance with any gun and TBH their CS is meh at best

#22 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 10:48 PM

Gotcha lol

#23 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:00 PM

Everyone on here has their opinion on upgrades and 90% of the people on here don't believe in them, which is fine. However if someone whats to know what is better, your opinion on upgrades doesn't mean anything. Upgrades are, to a certain degree minimal in how much it affects the performance of your marker. However, I personally like to upgrade my markers because it's kind of like personalizing it to your satisfaction. People do this on all sorts of things, like cars. Now, as far as answering your question I like the Hush Bolt for the Etek. I picked one up for my Etek 3 and I love it. I have very little breech ware because I have the proper sized o-rings. I like the even-flow face and it is still soft on paint. However, if you are looking for a change in sound signature (how loud it shoots) it is VERY minimal (almost nonexistent) but it sounds different then the cure 4. The cure 4 is more of a "crack" while the hush is more like a "thump". Not to mention it becomes very efficient, I can almost get 12 pods on a full 68/4500 (when paired with a ball-to-bore sized barrel back). It is VERY light so expect your marker to "kick" more due to the increased bolt speed. Hope I answered your question :)

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#24 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Thanks. That's exactly what I was lookin for. And does the hush come with the jewel that goes on the back? Or do you buy that seperate?

Edited by Fssto, 10 January 2013 - 07:36 PM.

#25 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Thanks. That's exactly what I was lookin for. And does the hush come with the jewel that goes on the back? Or do you buy that seperate?

Not a problem! It comes with the jewel that goes on the back but make sure you install it as straight as possible because it only comes with one :P. It also comes with a second set of o-rings that are slightly bigger than the o-rings that come on the bolt. I switched to the bigger o-rings for my etek 3 since it was a better fit the the breech of the Etek 3 but since you have the 4 you can try and see which ones fit best.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#26 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Sweet dude thanks. Will probably get that instea of the cure 4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users