9 replies to this topic

#1 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

As much as I lament making another vs. thread considering the section is packed enough as it is, but here I am anyway.

Basically, I've narrowed down my next marker to either a DM11 or G6R (don't care whether it's OLED or not). The reason I'd prefer the 11 over any other DM is due to the new gripframe, but it still allows me to put throw an Eigenring in it for the increased smoothness/efficiency. If I were to get the G6R I'd buy the LP poppet (and pressure tester obviously).

The most important factors that I'm looking at between these two are how quiet they shoot, and ergonomics. I know the UL2 is supposedly the most comfortable frame out there but I've held the G6R and it was no slouch either. Now, as far as sound signature goes, I know the DM is quiet (its no GT, I know, but I'm not made of money) as two people at my field shoot 12's, but I have yet to hear anyone shoot a G6R with the LP poppet. My question to you TechPB, is how big of a difference is it really between theses two markers.

And yes I know its spool vs poppet but I really have no preference; I can maintain both however.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 10 January 2013 - 06:41 PM.

#2 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

As much as I lament making another vs. thread considering the section is packed enough as it is, but here I am anyway.

Basically, I've narrowed down my next marker to either a DM11 or G6R (don't care whether it's OLED or not). The reason I'd prefer the 11 over any other DM is due to the new gripframe, but it still allows me to put throw an Eigenring in it for the increased smoothness/efficiency. If I were to get the G6R I'd buy the LP poppet (and pressure tester obviously).

The most important factors that I'm looking at between these two are how quiet they shoot, and ergonomics. I know the UL2 is supposedly the most comfortable frame out there but I've held the G6R and it was no slouch either. Now, as far as sound signature goes, I know the DM is quiet (its no GT, I know, but I'm not made of money) as two people at my field shoot 12's, but I have yet to hear anyone shoot a G6R with the LP poppet. My question to you TechPB, is how big of a difference is it really between theses two markers.

And yes I know its spool vs poppet but I really have no preference; I can maintain both however.

Quite a few of the people at my field use G6R, and i can tell you they aren't as quiet as a Dm, but they definitely don't have the crack of other poppets. They are quiet enough to the point where I could mistake them for a spool. Idk how many had a LP poppet, but they are pretty damn quiet. I'd get one.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:50 PM

Quite a few of the people at my field use G6R, and i can tell you they aren't as quiet as a Dm, but they definitely don't have the crack of other poppets. They are quiet enough to the point where I could mistake them for a spool. Idk how many had a LP poppet, but they are pretty damn quiet. I'd get one.

So I assume quiet enough to the point where the difference doesn't really matter?

#4 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:25 PM

noise should probably be the last thing to decide what gun you want to use. who cares? as long as your ear drums aren't bleeding at the end of the point, theres not a compelling reason to pick a gun thats quieter than the other.
i'd say the DM11 was the last "worth while" DM. the dm12/13 are great and all, but i personally don't like how big they seem in the hands(although they are admittedly very light).

Edited by Pakistani, 11 January 2013 - 09:25 PM.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

noise should probably be the last thing to decide what gun you want to use. who cares? as long as your ear drums aren't bleeding at the end of the point, theres not a compelling reason to pick a gun thats quieter than the other.
i'd say the DM11 was the last "worth while" DM. the dm12/13 are great and all, but i personally don't like how big they seem in the hands(although they are admittedly very light).

Well they both shoot paintballs at 12.5 BPS and 300 fps, they both are comfortable to manuever, and they both let me fire at least 6 pods between air fills. Smoothness of shot is unnoticeable to me when I'm playing so it really comes down to sound signature to set them apart. I occasionally play scenarios or woodsball and sound signature DOES matter there, especially since I'm usually the person that moves and hits the flank.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 12 January 2013 - 06:24 PM.

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

Sloths are the best animals evar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 06:26 PM

I like the DM. My friend has a DM9 (very similar) and I was impressed with the gun. Either way you are getting a great gun, but the DM is very comfortable and has decent efficiency

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

I like the DM. My friend has a DM9 (very similar) and I was impressed with the gun. Either way you are getting a great gun, but the DM is very comfortable and has decent efficiency

The one thing I dont like abou the DM is the weight compared to a G6R. Do you think its really noticeable while playing?

#8 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:38 AM

With a full setup possibly but nothing muscle memory cant fix

#9 eskeoto

eskeoto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

They are both solid guns. This one really comes down to preference. With a LP poppit and premium bolt the G6R is about as quiet as a spool... not quite there, but close. The DM is just quiet.
I'm assuming efficiency isn't an issue since you only shoot about 6 pods between fills. But just an idea of the efficiency of the G6R, I got ~9 pods off of a 45/45 hot fill with the LP poppit.
Ergos are another thing. Both guns are EXTREMELY comfortable to hold. Both have nice wrap around grips and a good frame. I personally like the G6R's reg spacing over the DM. The only downside is the body designs. The G6R seems a little taller, but the DM is much fatter. That really comes down to whether or not you like a single tube or stacked tube gun.
Wight is a non-issue... seriously, they are both really light. Unless you have nancy wrists, this shouldn't be a deciding factor in your decision.

I will say this. I loved the DMs I shot. I loved the G6Rs I've shot. Both are great guns. In the end, the G6R wins it for me. I have just been shooting Poppits too long, and it is the Lambo of poppits.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,268 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

They are both solid guns. This one really comes down to preference. With a LP poppit and premium bolt the G6R is about as quiet as a spool... not quite there, but close. The DM is just quiet.
I'm assuming efficiency isn't an issue since you only shoot about 6 pods between fills. But just an idea of the efficiency of the G6R, I got ~9 pods off of a 45/45 hot fill with the LP poppit.
Ergos are another thing. Both guns are EXTREMELY comfortable to hold. Both have nice wrap around grips and a good frame. I personally like the G6R's reg spacing over the DM. The only downside is the body designs. The G6R seems a little taller, but the DM is much fatter. That really comes down to whether or not you like a single tube or stacked tube gun.
Wight is a non-issue... seriously, they are both really light. Unless you have nancy wrists, this shouldn't be a deciding factor in your decision.

I will say this. I loved the DMs I shot. I loved the G6Rs I've shot. Both are great guns. In the end, the G6R wins it for me. I have just been shooting Poppits too long, and it is the Lambo of poppits.

Hmm, might just end up getting two guns in the end haha. The ability to clean the breach on a poppet so easily is really appealing. Just gotta hold both some more and play a few games with both if possible.

Thanks for the responses everyone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users