Photo
- - - - -

First timer for living legends. How do I prepare?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 XB01S0NxBARRYx

XB01S0NxBARRYx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

Hey Guys,

Before I start I just want to say that I checked out the "Comprehensive Guide to Living Legends so I have a basic handle on what to expect for my first living legends event.

1. Where can I register/pay for LL6? I looked on CPX's website and found nothing. I want to be able to get the payment and forms out of the way soon so I can focus on prepping my gear bag.
2. Can you reserve paint for the event? I live in Jersey so bringing paint in a hot car or on a plane isn't preferred. I also don't want to be in a mob of 500 people trying to get 4-5 cases.
3. Are there any decent hotels that are close (or right next to :]) CPX. I won't have an RV or tent to camp out in so a nice hotel would be sweet.

Thanks a bunch guys. I can't wait for may

#2 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:57 AM

1. CPX is still working on the site, should be up soon.
2. You can order paint with your pre-reg, it's cheaper this way as well. You'll get paint tickets with your registration packet when you show up (at least that's how it's been done previously). Paint truck is usually there Friday, just don't wait until an hour before game on or you'll be stuck in line forever.
3. Someone else can probably tell you more about hotels, I usually camp. I do know there are some decent places in Joliet and it's probably a 30-40 minute drive out of town to get to the field. Book soon though, they fill up.

Posted Image

#3 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Hey Guys,

Before I start I just want to say that I checked out the "Comprehensive Guide to Living Legends so I have a basic handle on what to expect for my first living legends event.

1. Where can I register/pay for LL6? I looked on CPX's website and found nothing. I want to be able to get the payment and forms out of the way soon so I can focus on prepping my gear bag.
2. Can you reserve paint for the event? I live in Jersey so bringing paint in a hot car or on a plane isn't preferred. I also don't want to be in a mob of 500 people trying to get 4-5 cases.
3. Are there any decent hotels that are close (or right next to :]) CPX. I won't have an RV or tent to camp out in so a nice hotel would be sweet.

Thanks a bunch guys. I can't wait for may

1 - hopefully website live today. Working hard on it. *fingers crossed*. Pre-Reg is still a week out or so.
2 - Everything will be on the pre-reg to pre purchase including limited edition LL6 gear.
3 - Yes. You can even look on the CPX Website too. It will be the same on the LL6 website.
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

Not gonna lie, my wife thinks I am insane, but I am unbearably excited to see what kind of LL6 gear will be available...I know ya'll had the headwraps last year, and I think jerseys, but I could be wrong.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 XB01S0NxBARRYx

XB01S0NxBARRYx

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks guys. I can't wait to see the website Sean. I bet it will be really helpful for me

#6 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Not gonna lie, my wife thinks I am insane, but I am unbearably excited to see what kind of LL6 gear will be available...I know ya'll had the headwraps last year, and I think jerseys, but I could be wrong.

I am way too excited about the idea of jerseys.

#7 BigAng

BigAng

I can hear sweat trickling down ya cheek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

1. CPX is still working on the site, should be up soon.
2. You can order paint with your pre-reg, it's cheaper this way as well. You'll get paint tickets with your registration packet when you show up (at least that's how it's been done previously). Paint truck is usually there Friday, just don't wait until an hour before game on or you'll be stuck in line forever.
3. Someone else can probably tell you more about hotels, I usually camp. I do know there are some decent places in Joliet and it's probably a 30-40 minute drive out of town to get to the field. Book soon though, they fill up.

how much would it cost to reserve a campsite ? also is there any way of taking a shower if you're camping at cpx?

Edited by BigAng, 14 January 2013 - 10:37 PM.

#8 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Camping is free and done on a first come,first serve basis.

#9 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Yep, it's a big open field, come and find a spot. I should add that there is a big chunk of the field that has striped grass (you'll see it, it's big wide stripes) that nobody is allowed to camp on. The septic system is underneath that area and Sean doesn't want anyone putting a tent stake through it. We tried policing it for him last year but some people got quite a bit of stuff unpacked before we came and had to break the news that they had to move. Hopefully we have some yellow caution tape to run this year.

If you wanna shower my recommendations to you are go get baby wipes so you get a shower in a can, or do what I do and bring a camp shower. It's low tech but damn does it feel good Saturday after playing.

Edited by aka Mich, 14 January 2013 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image

#10 Deceiver

Deceiver

Smart Ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:26 PM

Get in shape. Thank me later

TechPBSignature.png

Living Legends 3, 4, 5, and 6 

Cya all at LL 7

#11 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Yep, it's a big open field, come and find a spot. I should add that there is a big chunk of the field that has striped grass (you'll see it, it's big wide stripes) that nobody is allowed to camp on. The septic system is underneath that area and Sean doesn't want anyone putting a tent stake through it. We tried policing it for him last year but some people got quite a bit of stuff unpacked before we came and had to break the news that they had to move. Hopefully we have some yellow caution tape to run this year.

If you wanna shower my recommendations to you are go get baby wipes so you get a shower in a can, or do what I do and bring a camp shower. It's low tech but damn does it feel good Saturday after playing.

Either this or make friends with somebody with a hotel room, and use their shower :).

#12 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

Just go for a swim at the local pool ;)

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#13 BigAng

BigAng

I can hear sweat trickling down ya cheek

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

how early would you have to get there to get a spot?

#14 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Honestly, the earlier the better. I am pretty sure you can find spots up until the pumps/pistols games are about to start, but I wouldn't take my chances. Plus all the primo spots will be taken up early.

#15 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I think friday is the first night you can camp so I would get there friday morning and set up, if I were you

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#16 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

We allowed people on Thursday night last year and will again this year. It is on the website. :)
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#17 Soldier of Fortune

Soldier of Fortune

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:44 AM

We allowed people on Thursday night last year and will again this year. It is on the website. :)

Tempted...

I still suck and barely know positions.

thats what my wife said when I first met her...

#18 etekgirl27

etekgirl27

Uber Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,954 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:10 PM

It is on the website. :)

lol i should read more often

My Feedback

Gearbag Sale

#19 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

I'll be there Thursday night.

Posted Image

#20 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:59 AM

I was just wondering, do most people carry multiple air tanks or just take breaks and refill when needed? Is a single 68/4500 realistic? I know its a long way back to the refill station

#21 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

Honestly I was using a 70/45 and I was fine. The final battle you might want to carry a spare but that's it. You'll probably be fine during the daily grind.

#22 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I do carry two tanks, but one is for my Metadyne launcher and the other is for my marker. On the average one tank is more than sufficient. Last year was tough since the water truck was down and could not wet the roads to allow the bus to travel and pick up and drop off people close to the bases.

#23 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Here is to hoping the water truck is back up in time for LL6, that walk on day 1 was a bear and a half...

#24 aka Mich

aka Mich

Ohana PB

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 127 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

If you can carry enough paint to shoot through multiple paint I'd say its entirely up to you. From a personal standpoint I'd recommend taking as much paint as you can shoot through with one tank and then take the oppurtunity to get some food or something in you (or water if you haven't been keeping up with hydrating). Fill up on both paint and air then. If you time it right with reinsertions you can probably have a 20-30 minute turn around getting back on the field, nobody will miss ya for that short of time.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users