• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 PBhubbs

PBhubbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

So my friend (who is an avid paintballer) has a brother who is about 13 years old and we are 17 and 18. His brother was wanting to start getting into paintball after playing airsoft for about 1 and a half years. He wanted to see what it felt like to be shot first but on one condition, he gets to wear a tac vest and be shot in the chest. (He was wearing a mask of course.) So yeah ok he did that and was shot 5 times and was laughing about how it didn't hurt. My friend then convinced his brother to be shot in the arm... He did. After removing the vest he was shot 4 times in a range of about 60 feet 2 in the chest and 2 in the arm. Afterwards he was bawling out crying about how much it hurt, and I hate to see that and couldn't believe my friend did that.

Edited by PBhubbs, 11 January 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#2 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Ehh just tell him to suck it up. My sisters wanted to see how it felt, so I shot them. My 8 year old sister got a little teary eyed and said it hurt. My 10 year old sister said it didnt really hurt.... so just tell your friends little brother to suck it up lol. All they were wearing was a normal shirt and my jersey. Also when you're playing you have more adrenaline than when you're just standing there.

I also find airsoft guns to hurt more. Most decent airsoft guns shoot 300-400 fps with .2 gram bbs and at close range those hurt a ton. I shot my friend in the leg at 400 fps with a .2g bb and it made him bleed through his pants. Paintballs usually just leave a bruise if you have any clothing covering where you get shot. Now the cheap walmart airsoft guns really dont hurt, at like 300fps with .12g bbs lol.

Edited by Steephill, 11 January 2013 - 10:41 AM.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#3 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

It's part of the game. If he cant withstand four shots from 60 feet then maybe paintball isn't for him, at least not yet anyway.

When I first started playing at age 11 or so I was nearly the same way. It hurt like shit. Of course it was always outlaw ball in our woods, no fps regulations and cheap walmart paint. Usually monsterballs, rps swirl, or Draxxus dusk. I'm actually surprised nobody was killed during those days.

Just give him some time and he'll grow into it alittle bit more.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#4 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

It probably scared him more than anything.

I know paintballs hurt, but enough to make a 13 year old cry?
It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#5 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:25 AM

He plays airsoft.
Their is your answer.

#6 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Hit 4 times from 60 feet and started crying? What the actual fuck? :blink:

My first time playing, I think I was 12 or something, I got shot from 3-4 meters away about 10-15 times. Markers chronoed at over 300fps with some shitty mcshit paint.
Hurt like a motherfucker, but I'm still here.

#7 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

My little bro is 13 and he took one square in the back from 2 feet away while walking out to a fieldand he did not so much as flinch. It was a wtf you asshat watch what your doing shithead. He then walked to the field played in the game and for the rest of the day, It sounds like your friends brother is a bit of a wimp.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#8 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

My little bro is 13 and he took one square in the back from 2 feet away while walking out to a fieldand he did not so much as flinch. It was a wtf you asshat watch what your doing shithead. He then walked to the field played in the game and for the rest of the day, It sounds like your friends brother is a bit of a wimp.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#9 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:04 PM

Sounds like a champ! These are the guys I wanna play with. "Oh, you shot me? Wait until the next game, I'll be running up and putting 5 right in your neck." :D

Also, on a completely different and random note, I almost responded to myself in this thread. Forgot I changed my avatar. :blink:

#10 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,955 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sounds like a champ! These are the guys I wanna play with. "Oh, you shot me? Wait until the next game, I'll be running up and putting 5 right in your neck." :D

Also, on a completely different and random note, I almost responded to myself in this thread. Forgot I changed my avatar. :blink:

This was the first time I ever took him to go play. He had played in a few woods ball games and even went out to play airball with some tourny guys I was like holy balls he is fearless!!! So proudPosted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users