105 replies to this topic

#1 !bob

!bob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:01 AM

Posted Image
HOLLYWOOD, CALIF. — San Diego Dynasty and HK Army are proud to announce the signing of professional paintball player Brandon Short for the 2013-14 season. Short, one of the top American pro players in the game, has parted ways with LA Ironmen after nine seasons to his new home with San Diego Dynasty. Much of his success as a pro player was spent with Oliver Lang and now they have a chance to continue their victorious streak.

“Over the course of the four years I played with Oliver Lang on the Ironmen, we won back-to-back World Cup Championships. I am looking forward to making that happen again on Dynasty,” said Brandon Short of San Diego Dynasty.

Posted Image

Brandon Short is one of the most accomplished pro players in the league and has demonstrated the skill and fortitude that Dynasty is looking for in a player. He will rightfully be joining the ranks of an already stacked Dynasty roster. Dynasty is a three-time Triple Crown Winner (NPPL, PSP & Millennium Series championships) and is coming off of a win at the LV NPPL championship, so Short will be a exceptional addition to the team.

“HK Army bleeds paintball and believes in the sport. This is a company that is always looking five steps ahead. The future is bright for paintball with HK at the wheel. They come from humble beginnings and I’m glad I can be apart of paintball history and this organization,” commented Short on his transition to working with a new brand.

2013 will be a monumental season for team San Diego Dynasty. It is their time to reclaim their throne and become the elite team they have always been.

http://www.paintball...nasty-for-2013/
pretty big move, going to be interesting to see how it will effects dynasty.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 30 January 2013 - 04:59 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

They got spicka too.

yea I kept seeing banner ads for asianbeaver.com until I cleared my cache

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#3 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think they got Martin as well.

#4 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think they got Martin as well.

That would be impressive. Any link or anything to that?

Edited by Schuppert3, 12 January 2013 - 02:31 PM.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#5 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

The real question is who are the people leavin? Yosh,Alex,Lang?

#6 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:52 AM

Yosh and Fragie practically are the team. The have been with it since the beginning and besides Lang's move to Ironmen a few years ago, Dynasty is his home. I don't see any of them leaving but I always could be wrong.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#7 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:07 PM

Ironmen was a sinking ship. For some reason that team could never pull together for a win. Then you have the DYE dictators telling you what you can and can't do and wear. Besides HK is a badass sponsor to work for along with PE
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#8 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yosh and Fragie practically are the team. The have been with it since the beginning and besides Lang's move to Ironmen a few years ago, Dynasty is his home. I don't see any of them leaving but I always could be wrong.

I agree bur people have to leave if guys are coming over.

#9 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

Ironmen was a sinking ship. For some reason that team could never pull together for a win. Then you have the DYE dictators telling you what you can and can't do and wear. Besides HK is a badass sponsor to work for along with PE

Posted Image

The ironmen are Dye's flagship team... why wouldn't they tell you what you can and can't wear.
if ironmen all went out there wearing empire shit, it would look pretty damn goofy wouldn't it? that being said, any team sponsored by empire, dye, or PE will be told what they can and can't wear. If the sponsor makes a product, they dont want you using their competitors' version of it.
the only company i have ever seen that gave you any leeway about this, was Valken... and that was only regarding jersey's. you still had to wear their other products.

KPS Paintball • VCU Rams • Richmond Rage

•••••••

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#10 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Posted Image

The ironmen are Dye's flagship team... why wouldn't they tell you what you can and can't wear.
if ironmen all went out there wearing empire shit, it would look pretty damn goofy wouldn't it? that being said, any team sponsored by empire, dye, or PE will be told what they can and can't wear. If the sponsor makes a product, they dont want you using their competitors' version of it.
the only company i have ever seen that gave you any leeway about this, was Valken... and that was only regarding jersey's. you still had to wear their other products.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think there's a single person who'd rather work under Dye than HK.

My biggest issue with Dye is they had an issue with something as stupid as headbands. They understand that a lot of their players have personal relationships with the guys from HK.

I've just never been a huge Dye fan so it's easy for me to not like what they do lol. Empire also allows leeway in terms of headgear and accessories for lack of a better word.
8/0/0

#11 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

I do understand the lack of leeway in Packs, Pants, Jerseys, Masks Etc. but the headband thing really annoyed me for some reason lol.

Just bad wording and a lack of specifics on my part.

Edited by sagestylerpb, 13 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

8/0/0

#12 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I do understand the lack of leeway in Packs, Pants, Jerseys, Masks Etc. but the headband thing really annoyed me for some reason lol.

i dont know if you're a baseball fan, but the ironmen are similar to the yankees. they manage the "look" of their team very carefully.

•••••••

#13 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:32 PM

i dont know if you're a baseball fan, but the ironmen are similar to the yankees. they manage the "look" of their team very carefully.

I get 100% what you're saying, I just didn't agree with it. I see the marketing stand point.
8/0/0

#14 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

Lang wont be around for long. He has a business now and he himself said he is loosing the feel for it. Im sure hes got maybe 1 to 2 more seasons in him. Probably wants to win a cup then leave

Say what? Lol your missing the biggest part. MONEY

Posted Image

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think there's a single person who'd rather work under Dye than HK.

My biggest issue with Dye is they had an issue with something as stupid as headbands. They understand that a lot of their players have personal relationships with the guys from HK.

I've just never been a huge Dye fan so it's easy for me to not like what they do lol. Empire also allows leeway in terms of headgear and accessories for lack of a better word.

Dye pays the most. That's why people go there. Lol do you really think they give a fuck what gear they wear? Hell no lol 1000 players have said that. They go to who forks the cash homie.

Oh and interesting new tid bit. Steven Pitts just went to the Ironmen

Edited by Schuppert3, 14 January 2013 - 12:04 AM.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#15 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:55 PM

http://socialpaintba...ldman-for-2013/

According to our sources, Justin Rabackoff and Alex Goldman have officially left Tampa Bay Damage and signed a contract with Edmonton Impact for the 2013 paintball season. Alex “Mouse” Goldman’s time with Damage will be cut short, as he just recently signed on with Tampa Bay, just before the 2012 PSP World Cup. Our sources also say, Edmonton Impact looks to enter the professional division in the PSP once again, for the 2013 season.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#16 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:12 PM

Posted ImageAccording to our sources, Justin “JRab” Rabackoff and Alex “Mouse” Goldman have officially left Tampa Bay Damage and signed a contract with Edmonton Impact for the 2013 paintball season. Alex “Mouse” Goldman’s time with Damage will be cut short, as he just recently signed on with Tampa Bay, just before the 2012 PSP World Cup. Our sources also say, Edmonton Impact looks to enter the professional division in the PSP once again, for the 2013 season. They will be competing in both the NPPL and PSP.

Rabackoff and Goldman are excellent pick ups for Edmonton Impact as it gives them further depth on their snake side. Justin and Alex’s talents will definitely be needed, as Impact will less than likely succeed in signing Chad George (former snake player for Impact) anytime this year. Rumor has it, Chad George is very comfortable in his role as the ‘go to’ snake player for Houston Heat and looks to play another season with the dominant squad.

Tampa Bay Damage currently has four front snake players: Keith Brown, Bryan Smith, Ramzi El-Yousef, and Timmy Propst. Although Alex and Justin’s departure comes as a loss, Tampa Bay still has plenty of depth on their snake side and will continue to be competitive on both sides of the field.

Impact’s decision to snag both Alex and Justin makes it apparent that they are very serious in attempting to put together a dominant team this season.

We will have an official statement to follow soon.

Link: http://socialpaintba...ldman-for-2013/

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Guys guys, Lang may feel at home at Dynasty, but the age is getting to him. Heard rumors that he'll leave the tournament scene by the end of the 2013 season, and maybe a few guest appearances on teams.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#18 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:26 AM

WOW.

The craziest move yet by far.

Edited by Schuppert3, 17 January 2013 - 12:27 AM.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#19 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yeah I saw that.
Crazy

Mouse had signed a 50k contract with damage no?

#20 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

Man, this has been a busy off-season...

#21 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:47 AM

Now I can go back to liking damage Posted Image

#22 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:08 AM

Mouse seems to move around a lot...
I'm glad to see J-rab leaving Damage though, he honestly didn't seem like a great fit.

#23 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

Yeah I saw that.
Crazy

Yes I believe I read that too!
I'm actually he surprised he left them with a deal like that!

Edited by The Knife Crazy, 17 January 2013 - 07:22 AM.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#24 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:55 AM

Goldman is the only surprise, Jrab was consistently not playing well and getting shot off break a lot. He definitely did not mesh with the team for some reason.

#25 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I'm not believing any of this, like out of the blue Goldman and jrab to impact. Highly suspicious that its false.

I like the idea that this happened but seriously social paintball reported this? Give me a break! I might as well ask the yachimec themselves or even Bart-man if this is real or not
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#26 SocialPaintball

SocialPaintball

SocialPaintball.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:56 AM

I'm not believing any of this, like out of the blue Goldman and jrab to impact. Highly suspicious that its false.

I like the idea that this happened but seriously social paintball reported this? Give me a break! I might as well ask the yachimec themselves or even Bart-man if this is real or not

This has been confirmed by Impact Owner, Bart Y., Jrab, and Mouse.

I'm not sure why you have any reason NOT to believe what we report, we don't go around posting rumor after rumor. If we post something that turns out to be inaccurate, we make sure to correct it and state that we were incorrect.

We have real sources for this information, not a magic hat.
Read the full story at SocialPaintball.com

The latest paintball news, videos, analysis, interviews, and comprehensive coverage of the sport of paintball. Social Paintball is the preeminent, independent paintball media organization.

Read Our Paintball News | Sub Us on YouTube | Like Us on Facebook

#27 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:31 AM

Oh if it was confirmed by Bart himself, my apologies. I'm still asking them first though.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#28 sameagol26

sameagol26

I am BTDeltafan101

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Will be interesting to see how J-rab plays with the Canadians! :)
Posted Image
My Youtube Channel --> BTDeltafan101

#29 cport

cport

Most Awesome Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

All I can say, Is they both had lackluster years last year. I hope that this a better fit for them.
My Feedback
Posted Image <-------This is how the Army makes me feel every day!!!

#30 !bob

!bob

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:33 PM

seems like a strange move for mouse, wonder whats in it for him...
Posted Image

#31 pballgiant

pballgiant

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

Sickk!!!
IF YOUR UNDER 18 AND PAY FOR YOUR OWN STUFF PUT THIS IN YOUR SIGNATURE
My Setup: Luxe 2.0/Empire Axe, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45
Empire Trracer, 50 Round Hopper, GA 50/45

#32 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah I saw that.
Crazy

Yes I believe I read that too!
I'm actually he surprised he left them with a deal like that!

Impacts obviously paying more lol.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#33 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Oh if it was confirmed by Bart himself, my apologies. I'm still asking them first though.

Here's some advice for you. Ask first, THEN come in here and post. Geez. :rolleyes:

Anyways, J-rab wasn't a surprise really, but Mouse came as quite the shock.

#34 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

Here's some advice for you. Ask first, THEN come in here and post. Geez. :rolleyes:

Anyways, J-rab wasn't a surprise really, but Mouse came as quite the shock.

Yeah I agree.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#35 BRUTE

BRUTE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:37 PM

I really thought Jrab would be on damage longer.
I feel he was a better player when he was with the Russians. He didn't do those big highlight moves this season like he use to.
#63 on the roster #1 in your heart!!

#36 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

Jrab would fit with Heat perfectly.

#37 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:58 PM

No.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#38 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:59 AM

I hope they have some camps in Edmonton :D

Posted Image

#39 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:00 AM

No.

+1 Jrab is too focused on himself. Heat has been successful because they operate well as a team.

#40 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

No.

+1 Jrab is too focused on himself. Heat has been successful because they operate well as a team.

as a heat fan, they are successful because they are pretty much a team of allstars. not one player on that team wouldn't start on any other.
Their roster is so deep that Nick Slowiak, the guy who lead aftershock to a win in NPPL Vegas not too long ago, sat in the pits for the world cup finals.
Lets not forget they have konstantin federov who has played in the last 8 world cup finals so they are pretty much guaranteed to do well.

anyways, i think its ridiculous to say that "j-rab is too focused on himself" when you dont know the guy and paintball isn't exactly a press-heavy sport. i've met him and played with him and hes been nothing but a stand-up guy.

Edited by Pakistani, 18 January 2013 - 01:38 AM.

•••••••

#41 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

No.

as a heat fan, they are successful because they are pretty much a team of allstars. not one player on that team wouldn't start on any other.
Their roster is so deep that Nick Slowiak, the guy who lead aftershock to a win in NPPL Vegas not too long ago, sat in the pits for the world cup finals.
Lets not forget they have konstantin federov who has played in the last 8 world cup finals so they are pretty much guaranteed to do well.

anyways, i think its ridiculous to say that "j-rab is too focused on himself" when you dont know the guy and paintball isn't exactly a press-heavy sport. i've met him and played with him and hes been nothing but a stand-up guy.

A team of allstars is useless if they can't play as a team ;) Heat was successful because they were able to work as a team. I too am a Heat fan, as is much of the paintball community since they were the last team to win cup.

I've heard nothing but bad stories about Jrab and his shitty attitude and have seen his hotheadedness on the webcasts, but since you have first hand experience with him I wont argue that. But I can only go on what I've seen, and what I've seen hasn't been all that upstanding.

#42 jsg_nado

jsg_nado

I'm a bird motha f**ka I'm a bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

SStephen Pitts of Dynasty went to the Ironmen, as well as Marcello Margot of BRL. The Ironmen are definently not a sinking ship, the team should be stronger next year, they still have Paxson, and LJ, Hamil, Humphreys and Lopez look very promising. Ironmen is one of the youngest teams in paintball. I expect big things.
GoGo 13 Proudly Sponsored by PaintballGateway, KM, AlmostFamous, APX, Thump Barrels and Camp Pendleton Paintball
Marq7 For Sale
01010000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 Not a programmer? Oh. Never mind.

#43 Schuppert3

Schuppert3

Respect the BBN

• TechPB Players Club
  • 9,013 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:59 PM

There is no spot for j-rab on that team. Nothing against him but there is no spot for anybody else on that team. As the dude above said there are guys who would start and be leaders on any other team who sit in the pits.

Feedback +5/-0
Mod App

#44 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Goldman is on Ironmen now.

Expect jrab to leave too

#45 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:41 AM

Expect jrab to leave too

Seriously?

#46 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

Expect jrab to leave too

Seriously?

yep just released today Mouse signed with Ironmen, though i dont think this will effect J-rab going to Impact at all.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#47 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

I miss Aftermath. :(

#48 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:43 PM

Short seems like a really loyal player, something that fits really well on Dynasty.
Great to see him leave the Ironmen and slap on some blue gear! :tup:

Also, I bet Dye's policy about no non-dye headgear played a major role here. Short has been pretty huge for the HK guys.

#49 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ironmen also just picked up mouse so they are building a pretty strong lineup this season
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#50 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

Ironmen also just picked up mouse so they are building a pretty strong lineup this season

mouse? as in... alex goldman? who just moved to impact?

•••••••

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users