#1 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

http://socialpaintba...y-denver-added/

[Update: 6:20 PM ET]As per Frank Connell, Vice President of the NPPL, Social Paintball has been banned from NPPL events. It is unfortunate that we will not be able to provide news and information about the league to the fans and viewers. We will still try to provide updates about the league throughout the year, as we can. The dates provided below are incorrect, as soon as they are released by the NPPL, we will update the page. We repeat, the dates are incorrect (they were incorrectly posted on the NPPL website and Facebook page by the NPPL).[Update: 5:50 PM ET]Frank Connell has posted on our Facebook stating, “Please delete this the dates are worng.” It appears that the reason for the NPPL abruptly removing the dates/photos from their website and Facebook page is that they were prematurely and incorrectly posted. We have asked Mr. Connell to provide us with the correct dates. Stay tuned for more information.

A lot of things happening in the off season.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

What happened?

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 12 January 2013 - 03:56 PM.

#3 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:02 PM

and people wonder why i will never shoot a Vanguard gun.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:05 PM

What happened?

#5 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

They better make their broadcasts better then lol
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

What happened?

The NPPL released their 2013 dates on their facebook and then shotly thereafter removed them because they said the dates were wrong. After they were posted on Facebook, Social Paintball re-broadcast the tourdate photos and reported it as breaking news. Frank Connell, as VP of NPPL, sent Social Paintball a message to pull the pictures down because again, the dates were apparently wrong. Social Paintball responded back to find out what the new dates were but decided to leave the photos up on their page. Thirty minutes later, Frank sent Social Paintball a message saying that they were banned from the NPPL - the implication being because they refused to pull down the photos as Frank demanded. When the correct dates were released, it was revealed that only Denver's dates had been incorrect. Once Social Paintball had the correct dates, they updated their website post.

Frank comes across as being awfully hotheaded in this one.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#7 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

What happened?

Connel threw a hissy fit because social re-posted the events dates for the year and wouldn't take them down, but they did say they would edit them when the correct dates were posted. He started to post childish insults towards social paintball, and acted in a very unprofessional manner..

#8 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

Master of the Ellipsis...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

.... Another strike for NPPL. Wish I liked ramp play so I could be proud of the league style I play

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

What happened?

The NPPL released their 2013 dates on their facebook and then shotly thereafter removed them because they said the dates were wrong. After they were posted on Facebook, Social Paintball re-broadcast the tourdate photos and reported it as breaking news. Frank Connell, as VP of NPPL, sent Social Paintball a message to pull the pictures down because again, the dates were apparently wrong. Social Paintball responded back to find out what the new dates were but decided to leave the photos up on their page. Thirty minutes later, Frank sent Social Paintball a message saying that they were banned from the NPPL - the implication being because they refused to pull down the photos as Frank demanded. When the correct dates were released, it was revealed that only Denver's dates had been incorrect. Once Social Paintball had the correct dates, they updated their website post.

Frank comes across as being awfully hotheaded in this one.

Oh. A little unnecessary if you ask me. Or a lot, actually.

#10 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

There is obviously more to the story than we know...

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#11 ZzBrutality

ZzBrutality

Better than the best

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

That is way out of proportion if you ask me. I mean really? banned for not taking down a picture..

#12 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

meh

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#13 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

There is obviously more to the story than we know...

There is always three sides to any story. What person A says happened, what person B says happened, and what actually happened.

#14 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • 14,232 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Social decided to leave misleading info and imagery up for all to see, in massive text on the pics was the incorrect dates and in the text attached to it being posted was it being stated that the dates were incorrect. I've run into this a few times with our team page, attach whatever explanation to an image but there will always be people who take the IMAGE ALONE at face value. When planning for a team like days off from work, flights, hotels, etc. rely on those dates it's important that proper info is held by these teams. If even ONE team booked all of these things with improper info that's a massive pain for the players etc.

Frank asked something perfectly reasonable, for misleading info to be removed. Social's response amounting up to "Not until we get the proper dates." Perhaps Frank didn't have them, perhaps he didn't know when they'd be posted and now this improper info may be up for days with no proper answers. At the end of the day he's the VP of the league, he's looking out for the best interests of it and the players and Social wants nothing more than new info, page hits and advertising dollars. Perhaps if they'd do the reasonable thing and just remove it they'd receive the new dates with no issue and not suffer a ban.

Social can deny it all the like but what they sought was a negative reaction, some "drama", some "buzz" around them, it was nothing but attention whoring on their part.

As for the comment above about "This is why I'll never shoot a Vanguard", so be it, but that is a statement which is complete nonsense, Frank is a great person to be running the company, he's very involved in the business and personally sees to it that the players who use his product and the sponsored teams are very well taken care of. What it comes down to is this, if you can't take a hardball stance you'll have people walking all over you ESPECIALLY in paintball. I have my own opinions on Social but those are my own but I'm sure that there is more going on than what you guys have seen on the surface.

#15 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

.... Another strike for NPPL. Wish I liked ramp play so I could be proud of the league style I play

Honestly I prefer the NPPL. Refs are so much better then the garbage ones in the lower psp divisions.

#16 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

oh look... more drama...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#17 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

oh look, NPPL is dying, so lets make lower level teams play 8 events to win the series, because lower level teams have so much money. :blink:

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#18 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

oh look... more drama...

And more coming

#19 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

What I want to know is, why Social would leave incorrect dates up?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#20 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 07:49 PM

the NPPL format is a hell of a lot more fun to play then PSP... but, i miss the days of the NXL.... long matches... 15bps full auto allowed...

as for the drama... thsi is exactly why people get turned away from tourny paintball... and its not jsut national tournaments either... i hear all the time from friends about the political bull shit that goes on with events and how it gets to a point where teams just stop showing up... and when you ad in sites like facbook and public forums like pbn adn techpb... where the people behind the companies can argue in public about petty bullshit, it turns even more people away. i've said it before, and i will continue to say it when i see shit like this... i wont support people or companies who bring their bullshit out in the public like this... it jsut makes everyone involved look a douche...
Mossberg 500 ZMB

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#21 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:14 PM

Drama? in paintball?! no way!!! I don't believe it.

I don't care for social paintball or vanguard so I'm indifferent.

#22 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

Besides the money, the politics of tournament paintball do make me hesitant. At least in scenario/recball, I don't have to deal with any of the bickering or politics within it (I personally don't). If I started playing tournaments, with the local business owners I know, there could be conflict.
Posted Image

#23 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:51 PM

Immaturity

Immaturity everywhere

#24 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

Immaturity

Immaturity everywhere

Pretty much.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#25 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Honestly I prefer the NPPL. Refs are so much better then the garbage ones in the lower psp divisions.

Well most of the pro and divisional refs at Vegas were garbage..

#26 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

LOL I just read through all the comments and argueing on Facebook.

Basically, Frank made a reasonable request, Social Paintball stubbornly refused without any real reason then Frank went into 13 year old kid mode and started going at them over Facebook.
I think it could have been handled better on both sides, it would have taken Social Paintball 2 seconds to remove the post and post a new status explaining the situation. But on the flip side, even though Frank's anger is valid, how he chose to vent that anger was extremely immature and as a result misrepresented his brand. Poor decisions were made by both parties and in the end have only hurt themselves. But trying to look at the bright side of this, PSP just gained more supporters and another exclusive media source in Social Paintball. :tup:

#27 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:40 AM

Whoops, mobile double-post

Edited by Cpt Bebop, 13 January 2013 - 12:44 AM.

#28 Cpt Bebop

Cpt Bebop

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:43 AM

Orange, given your relationship with Frank do you think you might be a touch biased?

Social is arguably on of the biggest promoters of the sport and banning them for an entire year for not changing info for 30 minutes seems like well beyond reasonable.

Again, I have no dog in this fight. Love NPPL, have since the late 90's, and the things they do to legitimate professional paintball cannot be ignored. Just for arguments sake though imagine if the NFL banned sports illustrated from coverage for one year because si.com said the superbowl was on january 22nd incorrectly, especially if that was the date roger Goodell told them it would be one half hour earlier

#29 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:44 AM

Sometimes though, you just need to go all 13 year old on someone who's being unreasonable, if it's the only way to get their attention.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#30 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

Maybe a suspension ? Like only one event would have been better.

#31 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

This is why I play scenario :D.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#32 Trum_15

Trum_15

Uber Member

• Members
  • 8,327 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

What I want to know is, why Social would leave incorrect dates up?

Because the Denver and Tampa events were still news. They clearly said the dates were wrong, and would add the right dates when they were released.

I think nppl should have made a statement and just release the correct dates after they noticed they messed up.. Rather then just let frank go nuts all over facebook, and make the league look stupid.

#33 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:06 AM

just give it a week or two

Once the NPPL and Social Paintball start communicating again, things will get resolved

Don't you remember the bullshit rumor on PBN a few years ago, where I/TechPB supposedly was "banned from Extravaganza" for photographing the event? Three emails later, it was all resolved

Just give it a week or two

#34 elo160

elo160

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

i saw the argument and Frank did come across as hotheaded. I think he reacted too swiftly and this won't be good publicity for the NPPL

#35 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

I could imagine a lot of effort is put into the NPPL by Frank. It's a pretty big accomplishment to get paintball to the venues it is at today and I could imagine that he would want it to be as close to perfect as it could, who wouldn't?

That being said, Social Paintball was kinda in a situation of arguing with a ref in basketball, you will never win and all you are doing is making yourself look bad. Don't get me wrong Frank's response wasn't the best but the fact of the matter is both sides were not doing what would be the best way to handle the situation. I can understand both sides and I don't think anyone was right.

I could defiantly see the NPPL changing the way Social is reprimanded after some communication and the situation cools down. It seems like a lot of this drama in paintball is either miscommunication with a lot of immaturity resulting from that. I hope someday that league owners realize that a lot of what they do reflects paintball as a whole.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#36 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

Meh. If I was running an event and accidentally posted the wrong info for a couple of hours before finding the mistake the last thing I would want to do is have people posting it and not willing to remove the mistake unless I meet their demands. I would be angry too.

If I had a party and somebody on Facebook posted the wrong date, even after I corrected them, I don't think I would want them involved in the event.

Right to free speech is great ... If people check their facts before opening their mouth.

#37 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

lol dgaf
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#38 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

I may be slightly bias but from what I saw Frank clearly ask social over 10 times politely to delete the post. False information gets around like wild fire and everyone else in the paintball community gladly deleted the post because the information was incorrect. Social kept it up for the drama and "hit" count on their facebook page.

#39 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:02 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if this blows over. I mean NPPL and Social need each other to stay around and this whole split will hurt both the sport and the tournaments.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#40 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Nppl doesn't need socialpb. Teams already know about nppl.

#41 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,802 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I saw the post, maybe they're even still up. But what Frank asked for(multiple times) was completely reasonable. There was absolutely no reason for them not to take it down but yet they refused for really no legitimate or apparent reason. He even warned them what would happen. They did it to themselves needlessly.

40k-1.png

#42 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

Yah but doing anything business related over Facebook is completely foolish.

Had this been done through private e-mails and phone calls no one would be aware of the situation.

#43 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,983 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:44 PM

Sometimes people need to be aware of a situation though. The problem is that a majority of the public won't understand the reasons for doing something, and take it out on the wrong guy, which is why Frank is getting so much flak for this.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#44 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

Making people aware of a situation and bickering over Facebook shouldn't be one in the same in my opinion though.

As much as I understand Frank's frustration, I think the flak he is getting is totally valid. I however don't think Social Paintball is getting enough flak for being such huge dickheads

#45 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yea but SocialPB helps get the word out to new ballers and rookies. I doubt professional basketball would be as big as it is if there wasn't espn to report and show people who to look up to in their sport.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#46 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

Honestly of all the media providers making paintball vids, Social PB is probably my least favorite. Half the time the videos they post are borrowed anyway.

ave you ever read the comments when someone says they don't like one of Socials vids? they rip into them for not liking their content.

#47 sagestylerpb

sagestylerpb

Colorado Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,940 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Frank has a temper, but Social should realize that mistakes like that can cost people money. Sometimes people automatically book hotels/flights when they hear the date. He had every right to be annoyed with Social.

I though Israel was being unreasonable. Just my 2 cents.
8/0/0

Are we doing Satan's work? Absolutely

Been scammed? PM a mod :)

#48 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

i wouldn't be surprised if this blows over. I mean NPPL and Social need each other to stay around and this whole split will hurt both the sport and the tournaments.

with sites like TechPB and PBn no one needs sites like Social and Propaintball... the news gets out, plenty of youtubers make videos of the events and itsplastered all over facebook by fans and such who won said event... yet, Social and ProPaintball need organizations like the PSP and NPPL because thats where they get content from... it was a dumb move on Socials part to piss off Connel and get banned... if the ban sticks, then they just lost 4-5 events worth of coverage and news... this will hurt them in the long run
Mossberg 500 ZMB

#49 Shortbuscrew

Shortbuscrew

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

I support franks swift, quick take no BS stance. As others stated, if you let them walk over you, more will do so, and won't take you seriously. Hes a businessman in the end, and not a politician who does it behind the curtain deals.
My My Feedback 7/0/0

#50 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:43 PM

I'm gonna side with Frank on this one. He asked nicely, on multiple occasions, and Social Paintball flat out refused to stop spreading false information. Hopefully they work it out. but if not, this will hurt Social Paintball as far as content goes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users