Photo

Axe vs. Etha

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: Axe vs. Etha (34 member(s) have cast votes)

Axe or Etha?

1. Planet Eclipse Etha (9 votes [26.47%])

Percentage of vote: 26.47%

2. Empire Axe (25 votes [73.53%])

Percentage of vote: 73.53%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

Help me decide on a new gun to get! Whats the pros and cons on both guns?
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#2 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,529 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:58 PM

The Axe is quieter, efficient, smoother, and has easy maintenance. I love the thing to death. When tuned, it shoots as good as any high end :tup:

#3 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:05 PM

I loved my Axe when I had it (wanted to try something new). It was great, and with an Infamous Boss Bolt, it was even better.
Posted Image

#4 stefan_rj

stefan_rj

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Help me decide on a new gun to get! Whats the pros and cons on both guns?

These two guns are completely different. StickToDrum is right, you can't compare these! Of course the Axe is better! Etha isn't an Axe, obviously if you're going to buy an Etha or an Axe, buy an Axe.

#5 Austin_

Austin_

Agg

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:58 PM

Where could you get a new infamous boss bolt at, i tried ansgear but they didnt have any?
An expert at something was once a begineer.
XBL: Slapped In 3D

Feedback+2/0

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:18 PM

I love my Etha. I've used both extensively and can't really notice much difference in shot quality. The Etha does vibrate a little bit more, but when your'e actually playing a game, you don't even notice. The Etha is also noticeably lighter than the Axe, due to the composite gripframe, which feels surprisingly good. I personally HATE the way the Axe feels in my hands. The foregrip feels like a metallic banana and doesn't fit well in my hand. The ergonomics are probably the biggest reason I decided not to buy the Axe. That, and the Axe regulator is significantly harder to maintain.

That aside, they're both quite easy to maintain, and about equally efficient.

Either way, they're great shooters and I know people who swear by both.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

I voted etha because if your a newer player like I am the etha maintence is a lot easier. If the axe regulator leaks or just has something wrong with it it's almost impossible to figure out. With the etha it uses a macro line so the maintence is easier.

As for shot quality I have shot and axe once and while it shoots smoother then the etha it's not a difference you would notice on the field. The etha is still very good.

And as for price I think the etha would be the way to go espicially because its only 350 on ans gear
It's close but i voted etha

Edited by pb28188, 13 January 2013 - 08:22 AM.

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:54 AM

The Etha is a Lower Mid-grade Marker while the Axe is a High/Mid Tournament level marker (IMO). So you can't really compare the two. If you have the money go with the Axe, you will be more satisfied.

As far as the Boss V2 Bolts (they have infamous and XSV bolts too which are the exact same thing with different colored o-rings) you can get them here:

http://www.bosspaintballproducts.com

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#9 AzPaintBaller69

AzPaintBaller69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

axe all the way. i love my axe shoot amazing

-SETUP-

MIDNIGHT GEO 2-DYE ROTOR-EMPIRE 68/45 w/ PRO REG

#10 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

Where could you get a new infamous boss bolt at, i tried ansgear but they didnt have any?

bosspaintballproducts.com + an axe = one happy camper :tup: I'd say the axe is a superior marker, minus the ergonomics.

Edited by Master_Chief, 13 January 2013 - 12:13 PM.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#11 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

The Axe is quieter, efficient, smoother, and has easy maintenance. I love the thing to death. When tuned, it shoots as good as any high end :tup:

I agree with you that the Axe is quieter, is smoother, and is a little bit more efficient then the Etha, but, as far as ease of maintenance I would definitely have to go with the Etha. The reason being is if you have something wrong with the regulator or the macroline you do not have to take apart the grip frame to fix it, I also believe the Etha is a little bit more durable than the Axe only because I have never seen a video of somebody throwing the Axe down a gravel path or dunking it under water in a stream and still having it work. Unfortunately I have never owned or even shot the Axe however I do own the Etha so to be honest I am really not the best person to compare the two until I have at least shot the Axe.

#12 Flik

Flik

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

Etha vs Crossover vs Axe vs Etek

Hustle Paintball came out with this video a while back. They bring up a lot of good points so I would suggest giving it a watch. Any reason's you're looking at the Etha over the Etek? If you're wanting an enclosed bolt I can understand, but just curious.

Edited by Flik, 17 January 2013 - 03:34 PM.

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,044 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

bias review is bias

#14 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

I like the Etha more but that's just my opinion.

#15 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

bias review is bias

lol isn't every review at least a little biased? Every player who knows something about the sport and how equipment functions has at least some preconceived bias. I'm biased, you're biased, Mike is biased, and so are the people from Hustlepb.
Is the video informative? YES
Is everything they say pure gospel? not quite

To the OP: as I said before, the Axe is a great gun if you like the way it feels. Maybe I'm just weird, but I'm not at all impressed with its ergonomics; therefore I saw no point in spending the extra money on a gun that felt funky in my hands and only performed marginally better than the competition. (Yeah, there's my bias showing up. Deal with it.)

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#16 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:45 PM

While the AXE and ETHA are often costs-shopped because of their similarities , they really do not compare.

Similar price, in-line poppits (kind of) and from two good companies with good customer service - that is where the comparisons end....

Think of the ETHA as a really nice $300 entry level marker with a 150 worth of upgrades. It has a lot of nice features, but the basic platform is lacking, not smooth shooting and way too much cheap looking and crapy feeling plastic.

The AXE is a solid mid-range marker, maybe even a stripped down high-end. That is to say, the basic platform is solid and it has the potential to really perform with a few selected upgrades. Stock the AXE shoots smooth, it is reliable and efficient too. The trigger is about the best in the mid-range class and the ASA is solid too. The magic of the AXE is how it is transformed with only a few minor upgrades and some tuning, once done, no marker in this class can touch the AXE for smooth, quiet shots and magnificent efficiency . Mine is so efficient , I purchased a 45/4500 and never use my 68/4500 anymore.

Good luck!

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users