30 replies to this topic

#1 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

As most of you all know by now, I'm in posession of a very beautiful Automag, but for those of you who've been living under a rock, here she is.
Posted Image

Pretty damn sexy, huh?
That is my problem. I've put so much time and effort into making her look absolutely gorgeous that I now treat her like the Mona Lisa. I keep her sealed away a majority of the time, only taking her out to fondle her and maybe shoot a couple rounds through her, but never actually play with her. The last time she's seen the field was over a year ago now and I can't bring myself to do it again for fear of scratching or damaging her.

To compare, I feel like Cameron's dad and his Ferrari in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Posted Image

"Ferris, he never drives it! He just rubs it with a diaper!"

As much as I love this gun, I just really have no reason to continue owning her. She's treated more as an expensive sculpture than a paintball gun and I feel it's not fair that I own her and never use her. I'm in need of a work-horse and not a show-piece, so I'm considering parting with my dear Automag and possibly trading for something a bit more practical.

I guess what I'm asking of you all is to convince me to part with my beloved paperweight for something more useful.

And please, I'm being serious as this is hard to do. As much as I'd love to hand her off to someone who will put her to better use, I can't simply give her to you, so please don't ask that of me, even if you are just joking.
Also, this is not meant to be a BST ad. If and when I'm ready, I'll make one and you can post your offers there.

Edited by Antonious, 13 January 2013 - 03:03 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#2 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:20 AM

you're not going to want to hear this but you love that gun, someone else is going to use it and scratch it, for all i know it may be me. OR what i think you should do. take her out and play with it, it may scratch and if in the future you decide you don't like that, just re-anno it something sick that won't show scratches easily. like a splash on black or something. and if you can't bring yourself to play with it, in all seriousness send it to someone else and let them play with it for a bit, it'll put a couple small scratches on it and you'll feel ok playing with it, i was this way with my karni until there were a few tool marks on the asa and the pneus. same with my demon, at some point they just need to have a few dings for you to go "a few more won't hurt it" it isn't like it is a rare one of a kind gun, it's nice but not like palmers autococker 1 of 1 nice. take her out and enjoy her like you know you should. that's my honest opinion. hell send it to me, i'll play with it for two weekends put maybe one scratch on it and send it back, because once you see someone use it you'll just want it back to play with it.

if it is truly too much for you to take the plunge and use it, get someone else to do it.

Edited by Demon, 13 January 2013 - 03:21 AM.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,916 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'll tell you what, if you pack it all up nice and neat in a box, and send it to me, I'll send you lots of pretty pictures of me whooping people at the field with it. B)

But in all reality, if you want it to be used, and you know you won't use it, then it's time to hand it off to someone else. Or maybe it's like the corvette, and you take it out on really nice, beautiful days during the summer, when you want to turn heads and impress people with that beauty. And then you store it during the cold, crappy months, and use your regular work horse then.

Edited by TK-421, 13 January 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#4 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 05:30 AM

it may scratch and if in the future you decide you don't like that, just re-anno it something sick that won't show scratches easily. like a splash on black or something.

You actually made me think of something.
I've been looking at my gun this whole time like it's been complete, when in reality, I could always start anew.
Playing with it and beating the hell out of it (not deliberately, of course) is taking steps towards having it re-anodized and once again being able to get creative with it.
I'll play with her until the lime green and black scheme is worn out, then I can brain-storm the endless possibilities of my next color scheme. Not only do I have a reason to play with her, I now have a reason to not hold back while doing so!
I can't believe I've never thought of this! Thank you!

Edited by Antonious, 13 January 2013 - 05:32 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#5 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

You need to do one thing take it outside find a patch of grass hold it about chest high and drop it I used to do that with helmat's and mountain bikes gets you over the fear of damaging your stuff
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6 NoLimitsOnLife

NoLimitsOnLife

Patience is a Virtue, and my board is broken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I used to feel the same way about my NME. if you dont use it, then its just a paperweight. it doesn't matter how nice it looks or how expensive it is. its useless if you don't use it, and you mind as well not have it. take it out and show it off at the field. yea you might scratch it but that's part of the sport. its like trying to avoid grass stains when playing football.
Posted Image
Setup: System X NME LE, Dye Rotor, Guerrilla Air 88/4500 Myth G2
MARYLAND BALLERS FTW

#7 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:30 AM

It was made to be used not stared at.

Ohio Raiders 

#8 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:39 AM

You need to do one thing take it outside find a patch of grass hold it about chest high and drop it I used to do that with helmat's and mountain bikes gets you over the fear of damaging your stuff

That's what I was gonna say haha. But yeah once you put your first scratch on it I think it'll be easier to play with. And like stated before, you can always anno it.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

I think I've seen people using some clear coat stuff to protect their guns before, try that. I sure as shit wouldn't use it.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 Fssto

Fssto

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

You put all this money into it and no one sees it. Take it to the field and show it off. Realize dude that it is a paintball gun. Play with it once and you will be good to go. It will be easier every other time you go to the field

#11 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

You need to do one thing take it outside find a patch of grass hold it about chest high and drop it I used to do that with helmet's and mountain bikes gets you over the fear of damaging your stuff

Yeah,this is what I usually do if I don't feel like using something when I know I should be.

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,965 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:31 AM

it may scratch and if in the future you decide you don't like that, just re-anno it something sick that won't show scratches easily. like a splash on black or something.

I've been looking at my gun this whole time like it's been complete, when in reality, I could always start anew.
Playing with it and beating the hell out of it (not deliberately, of course) is taking steps towards having it re-anodized and once again being able to get creative with it.
I'll play with her until the lime green and black scheme is worn out, then I can brain-storm the endless possibilities of my next color scheme. Not only do I have a reason to play with her, I now have a reason to not hold back while doing so!

Dammit Demon, he was supposed to get rid of it so I could have it.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 13 January 2013 - 11:31 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#13 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Tape up the parts of the gun that usually get scratched up like the bottom of the asa, bottom of reg, barrel tip, etc.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#14 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

Honestly i have three guns i personally hang on the wall and display. A Tippmann Pro/Carbine (purchased new in 1999), A PGP 2k2 (purchased new in god knows when LOL), And a AGD 68 Automag (again purchased new in 1999).

The Pro/Carbine has been everything from my Primary to my beater to the gun id loan friends. Its been dropped tossed and taken at least one core sample in a nasty header off a steep hill. Sure it has a few scratches and imperfections now but i still proudly hang it on the wall it still looks great and has some story behinde it.

The PGP has been my stock class marker of chocie for many many years its not seen as much use as the other two and is in relativly good shape as well but there are a couple nicks and i have long lost the ball bearing for the saftey. But again its on the wall cause its something i am proud to display and SHOOT.

And then my 68 Automag. Its been my go to gun for all styles of play since i bought the dang thing. Its been beat on every game and has never let me down. I upgraded the thing so much it ended up spawning a complete nother Mag. But i still love to bring out the old girl now and then and spray some paint, and i every bit as ruff on that old gun as ever. But again imperfect as it might be it too is proudly shown front and center on my wall.

My markers are bought and built to be used. Sure i find some to be great looking peices and enjoy displaying them. But to me FIRST AND FORMOST they are there to use not look at. If ya wanted a pretty MAG to stare at get a picture and mount that on the wall, Other wise get out there and USE THE BLOODY THING.

Honestly what is cooler a marker that has some charecter and is shot or one immaculate sitting on a wall never seen at a feild.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#15 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

take a walk fuzzball :P glad i could help, i will allow you to stare at it for another couple of months till it warms up, then mow faces.

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#16 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,609 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

You could totally sell it to me. Dont worry man, I play in arizona, and normally not in an indoor location. I dive and slide a lot, so sand will probably destroy it. It'll be put to good use as maybe a barrel tagging gun or a lender to rentals.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 14 January 2013 - 01:30 AM.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#17 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

If you love it so much, just use it. That's what paintball guns are for. Just gotta start looking at them as tools, not works of art. It is beautiful, but it would be more beautiful mowing faces. If you refuse to use it, then yes, sell it. There is no point having money tied up in something you wont use.

#18 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:03 AM

Forget you, that's the start of my main mag. Just slap a 90* frame, some sick custom grips, a warp left body, and hack off the back half of the body and replace it with carbon fiber, and that'd be one sick mag. :wub:

#19 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,818 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

What kind of parts did you use to build her? I'm not too versed in mags, I was always on the cocker side of the debate. :P

#20 Mykul

Mykul

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

Well, if you want to use it but don't want it to get scratched up, I heard about something on wranglerforum.com called plastidip. http://www.plastidip...ions/Plasti_Dip I personally haven't used it, yet. But it comes in several colors, including clear, and it peels of fairly easy when your tired of it. Home Depot or Lowes is supposed to carry it. I'm considering blacking out my jeeps rims with it.

M

Attached Files

Edited by Mykul, 17 January 2013 - 11:40 PM.

#21 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

What kind of parts did you use to build her? I'm not too versed in mags, I was always on the cocker side of the debate. :P

Deadlywind barrel and foregrip, Tac-One rail, ULE body, don't know the feedneck, Logic grip it looks like, and the normal X-Valve. Along with what appears to be a CP ASA and Macroline.

#22 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:21 AM

Deadlywind barrel and foregrip, Tac-One rail, ULE body, don't know the feedneck, Logic grip it looks like, and the normal X-Valve. Along with what appears to be a CP ASA and Macroline.

This, except its an RPG Pariah body (basically a shorter version of the ULE with dual detents). The feedneck is an RPG Sub-Zero.
It also has the Level 10 bolt and ULT installed.

Edited by Antonious, 18 January 2013 - 01:22 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#23 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,818 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

I want one of those bodies :(

#24 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Well, if you want to use it but don't want it to get scratched up, I heard about something on wranglerforum.com called plastidip. http://www.plastidip...ions/Plasti_Dip I personally haven't used it, yet. But it comes in several colors, including clear, and it peels of fairly easy when your tired of it. Home Depot or Lowes is supposed to carry it. I'm considering blacking out my jeeps rims with it.

M

Plast-dip is the greatest invention ever!!! I have used it several times its like spray paint but if you dont like it you just peel it off its badass... I ahve used it on everything especially my car, i have done my rims before and it last forever and jsut works,
It wont hurt your paintball gun!! ill probally even gonna try to do it to my axe..
Posted Image

#25 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,916 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

I want one of those bodies :(

I think they're fairly close in cost to a ule body. But if I get a non-ule body, then I want something fancier looking.

#26 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:40 AM

M

this shit right here, no man, this shit right here is the shit
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#27 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I used to feel the same way about my NME. if you dont use it, then its just a paperweight. it doesn't matter how nice it looks or how expensive it is. its useless if you don't use it, and you mind as well not have it. take it out and show it off at the field. yea you might scratch it but that's part of the sport. its like trying to avoid grass stains when playing football.

I totally get the NME love, but yeah you just gotta let it do what its meant to do eventually...

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#28 Max00686

Max00686

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

That is a very nice gun! If you are really protective of the gun, it would be really cool to keep it in a nice case, and hand it down to your children after you retire from the sport. It would be a cool way to show them how some of the nice paintball guns are now compared to what they will be in a few years. Hope this helped!

#29 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

As most of you all know by now, I'm in posession of a very beautiful Automag, but for those of you who've been living under a rock, here she is.
Posted Image

Pretty damn sexy, huh?
That is my problem. I've put so much time and effort into making her look absolutely gorgeous that I now treat her like the Mona Lisa. I keep her sealed away a majority of the time, only taking her out to fondle her and maybe shoot a couple rounds through her, but never actually play with her. The last time she's seen the field was over a year ago now and I can't bring myself to do it again for fear of scratching or damaging her.

To compare, I feel like Cameron's dad and his Ferrari in Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Posted Image

"Ferris, he never drives it! He just rubs it with a diaper!"

As much as I love this gun, I just really have no reason to continue owning her. She's treated more as an expensive sculpture than a paintball gun and I feel it's not fair that I own her and never use her. I'm in need of a work-horse and not a show-piece, so I'm considering parting with my dear Automag and possibly trading for something a bit more practical.

I guess what I'm asking of you all is to convince me to part with my beloved paperweight for something more useful.

And please, I'm being serious as this is hard to do. As much as I'd love to hand her off to someone who will put her to better use, I can't simply give her to you, so please don't ask that of me, even if you are just joking.
Also, this is not meant to be a BST ad. If and when I'm ready, I'll make one and you can post your offers there.

play with her, im sure shes begging to get down and dirty again. let her indulge a bit.

Lulzjustacat.png

#30 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

I don't have any advice for you but that marker is just........ Wow

#31 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Use it for rec ball or the woods. I wouldn't use it on the speedball field, not a gun that nice. And if you do use it for recball, change the barrel to you dont scratch that one on wooden/hyper tubing bunkers.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users