9 replies to this topic

#1 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

Alright, the NT. I love the look of it, I love how it feels, and I love the spec's (or at least the ones on paper). I would really like to pick one up for a back up marker due to Murphey's law for playing in the PSP. My only concern is why do the majority of the people not like it? Yes, I am aware that it was targeted to poppet owners but I have so many questions on it.

When they work so many people love them but what causes them to go flamethrower chop and all those other horror stories? It seems like one of the best markers on paper but how can it be so different on the field?

If I were to pick it up, how would it fair in tough or cold weather? My dm sucks a fat on in rain and in cold occasionally so would the nt do any better? I had an axe before my dm and the axe did really nice in these situations. I'm just trying to put some of my questions to rest so if anyone has any answers that would be very helpful :tup:

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#2 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

IMO it was too complicated of a design for what we use it for. Little details that don't take the abuse or lasts long. The first nt had problems of the bolt tip breaking off. After spending premium money on a marker this would bother anybody. Yes it is warranteed but it is expensive to ship parts/gun internationally to be repaired.

It wasn't the most reliable, nor the smoothest or most efficient but it was one of the most expensive. It doesn't really excel in any class. It's only strength was ergo design but that could be found in the DM.

#3 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Buddy of mine has an NT10 that shoots great. When he first bought it the thing spray painted like crazy. Then he bought a pressure tester and adjusted the marker accordingly and it shot great. I personally like it better than the DM series (size wise) because it is so much smaller than the huge clunky DM's. However, it does not shoot nearly as smooth. The technology behind the NT is awesome but it is definitely one of the most complicated markers out there. Like I said just buy a pressure tester and you should be good to go. Usually the spray painting is due to the wrong pressure setting.

Edited by LegionPB, 13 January 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#4 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

So to get this straight the nt's chopping is from the pressure dictated by the spacers?

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#5 lazzrpb

lazzrpb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

yes!!!!!, I had worked on one myself and the stock reg pressure is way to high!!! fix this and tune your gun, and it is phenominal!!!
Upped project salvo

http://www.techpb.co...1

#6 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:00 PM

i love mine, i got a rare one off the nation for a killer deal and i hated it at first cuz i didnt know it waas broken, i didnt and still dont have the pressure tester but i use it as a fun time/shens gun and its phenomenal, though mine requires alot of attention and specific lubing

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#7 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

yes!!!!!, I had worked on one myself and the stock reg pressure is way to high!!! fix this and tune your gun, and it is phenominal!!!

The reg pressure adjusts velocity so how does that work? can someone explain the relationship of volume dictated by the spacers to the hyper 3's OPSI that causes chops?

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#8 lukylovespaintballin

lukylovespaintballin

Turtleloverofthemaxofthemostextreme

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

The reg pressure adjusts velocity so how does that work? can someone explain the relationship of volume dictated by the spacers to the hyper 3's OPSI that causes chops?

people adjust thier velocity but the reg, but your supposed to go to the reccomended reg psi of 170-180 with out spacers or sleeve so that its at 320-300fps and put the sleeve and one insert until its at the velocity you want it, its reccomended by the ntot to keep your nt at 260-280 fps for rec play unless you are in a tourny

My link for my guns

MY FEEDBACK 5/0/0

Nothing some beatings tear gas and hard labour will fix

#9 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

Even if they work they shoot terribad. With the newer DM's you get the ergos of the NT, and a gun thats smooth, quiet and easier to work on.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#10 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

people adjust thier velocity but the reg, but your supposed to go to the reccomended reg psi of 170-180 with out spacers or sleeve so that its at 320-300fps and put the sleeve and one insert until its at the velocity you want it, its reccomended by the ntot to keep your nt at 260-280 fps for rec play unless you are in a tourny

I can see how some say nt's are too complicated-that seems counter intuitive to me but thanks for the explination

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users