• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Apvb28

Apvb28

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'm new to the sport of paintball and I have $500 for a marker. (I have all of the other equipment needed)
I have been recommended both getting a used DM9 on ebay or getting a new Etek 4 but I don't know which one to get.
Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

the DM9 would definitely be the better of the two options you listed.

#3 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:05 PM

DM9 would be good. An axe would also be nice.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 07:41 PM

DM9

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:42 PM

From what you suggested, a DM9. however I do suggest the alien invasion if you're willing to check that out?
109.gif

#6 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

From what you suggested, a DM9. however I do suggest the alien invasion if you're willing to check that out?

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

New i would definitely get the axe. Sits at a comfortable $460. The alien invasion would be a interesting gun to check out as well.

#8 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:24 AM

Since your new to the sport go brand new and get the. Etek4. You'll have a warranty and they simple as hell to work on.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Since your new to the sport go brand new and get the. Etek4. You'll have a warranty and they simple as hell to work on.

Ya but the axe is also backed by a great company and is easy to work on. The axe also has a much better shot and better trigger. The only thing that the etek beats is the ergos but i still prefer the axe ergos.

#10 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

You're going to get responses saying both Axe, Etek 4, and Etha at your price range. All 3 are fairly easy to maintain, all 3 have nice features. I would say try out each of the 3 and see which one you like holding the best. Seriously, you are new to the sport and are definitely getting a marker that can last a while, but being so new I doubt you have done tons of playing. Just hold them, see what you like and which feels comfortable then get out there and play.

#11 Phantom05

Phantom05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Etha is a great gun

#12 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:02 AM

dm9
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#13 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

i would look into the alien invasion they are on sale on alien's website for 499. and they are much better than the etek require a lot less maintenance then a dm9 and its nice to be able to have that new gun feel

#14 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

DM9 kills all those other markers. Just go with the old highend and dont look back.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:18 PM

DM9

New i would definitely get the axe. Sits at a comfortable $460. The alien invasion would be a interesting gun to check out as well.

dm9

DM9 kills all those other markers. Just go with the old highend and dont look back.

they're all wrong, get a PM8 they're DM9s in rail bodies, you can find them cheaper than DM9s too. the reason why the PM was stopped because it shot so damn well; like a DM that the DM sales were weak for their flagship high end gun.

Edited by III Kezia III, 24 January 2013 - 12:09 AM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

DM9

dm9

they're all wrong, get a PM8 they're DM9s in rail bodies, you can find them cheaper than DM9s too. the reason why the PM was stopped because it shot so damn well; like a DM that the DM sales were weak in sales.

A DM9 is still better then a PM8? I have a PM8 so I would know. The PM's are awesome however the ribbon eyes, lpr placement and trigger... Are not.
109.gif

#17 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

the dm9 is essentially the same all the way up to a DM12 which is 4th gen. Getting a DM9 will last you a long long time if you are on a strict budget, its one of the few things i love about dye markers. You can buy an older model which will work just as well as the newest one, and the ones for years to come.

#18 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

the dm9 is essentially the same all the way up to a DM12 which is 4th gen. Getting a DM9 will last you a long long time if you are on a strict budget, its one of the few things i love about dye markers. You can buy an older model which will work just as well as the newest one, and the ones for years to come.

And its the lightest DM!!!!!!!!! lol
109.gif

#19 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:33 AM

DM9

dm9

they're all wrong, get a PM8 they're DM9s in rail bodies, you can find them cheaper than DM9s too. the reason why the PM was stopped because it shot so damn well; like a DM that the DM sales were weak in sales.

A DM9 is still better then a PM8? I have a PM8 so I would know. The PM's are awesome however the ribbon eyes, lpr placement and trigger... Are not.

PM8 for about 100 less than a dm9 and shoots better or just as good as a dm9 is my point, sure the ribbon eyes, lpr placement and trigger are somewhat of a hassle but really they aren't a deal breaker. besides for about 50 or so you can get an aftermarket trigger and still save a bit of cash.

Lulzjustacat.png

#20 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

^a lot of players, especially ones mechanically incline, and have the money to spend will always go the "easy route" its why planet has been doing so good. :dodgy:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users