3 replies to this topic

#1 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

I made myself a spimmy and I currently have a Universal T board installed in it. The only reason I didn't use the stock board is because it wouldn't fit inside the grip.

My settings:
dwell: 12ms
eye delay: 1ms
ROF cap: 25
eye type: breakbeam

it's skipping shots like a motherfucker, not chopping any paint but skipping shots and firing slow inconsistent streams (like 4 or 5 bps tops). I don't have a good way to check my LPR but it's somewhere around 60psi. HPR is set around 200-250 psi. Unfortunately I was stupid and didn't try to turn the eyes off before i ran out of air. I'm using a rotor, so it's not my hopper, my assumption is if i turned my eyes off it would have worked fine.

I'm using the SD colored breakbeam eyes. I'm 90% certain that my board settings are my issue, my brother said he raid somewhere that there is a way to calculate they eye delay you need but he can't remember where. My noid is the old style Humphrey timmy noid with the green/black wires, it's showing signs of failure but still holding air and cycling, so I'm going to assume that isn't the issue.

Anywho anyone have any idea how to fix this shit?

Edited by junits15, 13 January 2013 - 09:02 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#2 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:48 AM

Does it only do this with paint? If so it may just be the rotor settings

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#3 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:51 PM

Your lpr may be to low? Idk. You might need to check your debounce setting If your board has it.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#4 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 PM

I THINK I got a lot closer to fixing it. My hopper has never given me issues before and it's always fed perfectly on all my guns. I was actually using some leftover evil so it was feeding through the hopper smoothly.
What I did was reset the board and reset all the settings. I put the dwell on 7, the ROF cap on 15, the debounce on 5 ms, and the eye delay on 1. And it works...kinda. It's not exactly perfect but it's much faster and the stream is MILES more consistent. Turns out what happened was the eye delay was set to around 15ms before and the board was registering the bolt as a ball. Setting the dwell down by 5ms made the faster rates of fire actually possible too.

THEN what I did was try this with eyes off. And it shoot PERFECTLY. An incredibly consistent 15bps stream. (honestly it was really cool to watch my homemade gun do that lol) So that narrows the problem down to the board settings.
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users