#1 TheHunterPreist

TheHunterPreist

Dost Thou Even Hoist?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:52 AM

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck......

So microsoft suspended my xbox live because " i need to update my payment option" because the old card that i used expired. So i put in a code to get a 3 month....... Nope.avi it gets an error message. So a few days later i go to enter a new card but..........

NOPE

It won't let me remove the previous card. So i go to xbox.com so do it from there, but of coarse (insert bill gates trollface) i get a FUCKING ERROR MESSAGE WHEN I TRY TO GO TO "account management" and don't even tell me to call customer service because microsoft customer service is horribad. So time to purchase a PS3

Oh and windows 8 looks like a demented 2nd grader's art project
Setup: Smart Parts SP-1, Viewloader Vlocity, Empire Basic 48/3000
Posted Image

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:06 AM

I hate Microsoft... but I hate Sony even more. I would hail the all powerful PC master race but I spend all my money on paintball so I wont be building a gnaing rig any time soon. If you have the money thats the way to go though.

#3 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 AM

So time to purchase a PS3

Or build a PC...

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:02 AM

Window8 was developed more towards mobile units.

#5 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

I have no problem with Windows 8. Plays all the 100+ games from my collection with no issues. I've had no driver issues. I hardly use metro, but I dont see it as that big of a deal. Also love my Lumia 822 Posted Image. I'm by no means a Microsoft fanboi though. I use Linux Mint 13 on my laptop, and hate xbox's.
I'd second building a gaming computer, they dont cost much for a mid end one.

Also fyi Bill Gates doesnt run Microsoft anymore Posted Image

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

When Microsoft double billed me for a year of live, I went to their help website and used their live chat. The person on the other end was really helpful, and the issue was resolved in five minutes.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#7 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,398 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

live chat usually works... i even got help for EA before.
RAWR?

#8 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Windows 8 is great for gaming and for phones. Just saying, I actually use both every day.
Even changed out my beloved iPhone for a Windows 8 phone.

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM

How can any of you enjoy Windows 8 on a computer? Its the worst operating system ever devised. It works well on a phone or mobile device, but that is where it should stay. They put the stupid fucking start menu hotspot shit things in the worst possible place. There is one on the exit button for the internet, so every time I try and close my browser its all like "Lol nope!" And the "live tiles" are as useless as a pile of shit. The only tile thing that I have used is the desktop one.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 14 January 2013 - 03:17 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

Is it a touchscreen desktop? That's what it was designed for. If you're using it on a classic desktop, that's your problem.

#11 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

How can any of you enjoy Windows 8 on a computer? Its the worst operating system ever devised. It works well on a phone or mobile device, but that is where it should stay. They put the stupid fucking start menu hotspot shit things in the worst possible place. There is one on the exit button for the internet, so every time I try and close my browser its all like "Lol nope!" And the "live tiles" are as useless as a pile of shit. The only tile thing that I have used is the desktop one.

Because I took 10 minutes to learn it? Win key = Instant homescreen, win + x = a simplified start menu, win + q = search all programs. It's pretty easy to use once you learn the short cuts, everyone knows ctrl + c = copy, so how hard is it to learn windows key = homescreen. Live tiles are better on my phone, but I still find them useful on my desktop.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

Is it a touchscreen desktop? That's what it was designed for. If you're using it on a classic desktop, that's your problem.

Regular laptop, and it doesn't help that I don't have a mouse.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 14 January 2013 - 03:36 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#13 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

Been using it on a normal desktop with a keyboard and a mouse. Why can we enjoy it? Well, we took the time to get used to how it works and learn it. Not just go forum bashing it like a certain someone. :rolleyes:

#14 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Been using it on a normal desktop with a keyboard and a mouse. Why can we enjoy it? Well, we took the time to get used to how it works and learn it. Not just go forum bashing it like a certain someone. :rolleyes:

I've been using it since its release.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#15 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:15 PM

Why keep using it then? Surely by now you've realized it wasn't designed with a normal computer in mind, just rollback to Windows 7 if it's that horrible.

#16 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Yes windows 8 on a desktop sucks but it is good on a tablet never as good as android but still good

#17 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Oh no my inner nerd came out on a paintball forum ahhh

Edited by gnarlee, 14 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#18 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:42 PM

Why keep using it then? Surely by now you've realized it wasn't designed with a normal computer in mind, just rollback to Windows 7 if it's that horrible.

Was planning on it.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#19 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

Call them and ask them to remove all payment options. They might toss you around a bit(you know, ask you why you're doing so and such), but they will remove any payment options you have stored on your account if you ask. If you currently have any Live left that was paid for via that card they will remove it though. Also ask them to turn off any autorenewel you have set; in the future you can also do this via their website, so it won't try to automatically charge you for another subscription(which is what happened in your case. If you pay for Live through Microsoft it actually signs you up to an autorenewel subscription, and what happened is your card expired and it tried to charge, but couldn't get the money). However, you can only turn off the autorenewel online, you have to remove a card via phone and talking to someone.

Unless they have a REALLY good deal(like $1 for a month) then it's not worth the bs they put you through paying them. Just buy them online cheap, and if you can wait for deals. Sites like Amazon often have 12 months for $35 or so, and you don't end up having to go through their autorenewel ripoff scheme, and on the average day without a deal it's still way cheaper($45).

Edited by dustyshouri, 14 January 2013 - 06:32 PM.

#20 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

I'm sorry, but Windows 8 is bad, no denying it. In it's current iteration, it is designed completely for a touch screen device/monitor.
I currently see no reason to use 8 like 7, seeing as 7 is cheaper.

Also, what the fuck is with the no off button? Who thought of that shit? One of those tiles should be a fucking shutdown shortcut by default.

Is Microsoft just fucking with un savvy people? I know Aton of people that have to do the Ctrl + alt + del everytime since they don't know any other way.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#21 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

In it's current iteration, it is designed completely for a touch screen device/monitor.

Exactly. So anyone who is not using it on a touch screen device has no right to complain. They are deliberately using it for something it was not intended for. If you want to use it anyway, fine. But stop complaining when it doesn't work exactly like you want it to on a system it was not designed for.

#22 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:24 PM

I have no problem with what Windows 8 is trying to do: create their own tablet interface. However my problem is with them trying to merge the tablet and PC interface into one OS. I have a tablet, I also have a PC... but they are two completely different devices and I have absolutely no desire to see my PC turn into a tablet. Windows 8 should have just stayed Windows Mobile and they should have kept the PC line of OS completely separate. Oh well.

#23 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:04 PM

In it's current iteration, it is designed completely for a touch screen device/monitor.

Exactly. So anyone who is not using it on a touch screen device has no right to complain. They are deliberately using it for something it was not intended for. If you want to use it anyway, fine. But stop complaining when it doesn't work exactly like you want it to on a system it was not designed for.

I'm more mad, because the laptop I bought, I was told came with Windows7.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#24 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:11 PM

Then why are you mad at Microsoft, instead of the people who sold the laptop?

#25 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'm sorry, but Windows 8 is bad, no denying it. In it's current iteration, it is designed completely for a touch screen device/monitor.

Also, what the fuck is with the no off button? Who thought of that shit? One of those tiles should be a fucking shutdown shortcut by default.

Is Microsoft just fucking with un savvy people? I know Aton of people that have to do the Ctrl + alt + del everytime since they don't know any other way.

Honestly I dont see the need for one since the button on the machine turns it off, but hey look I do have one as a tile. It's right below the desktop shortcut.

Posted Image

My Feedback +14/-0

#26 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:10 PM

Honestly I dont see the need for one since the button on the machine turns it off, but hey look I do have one as a tile. It's right below the desktop shortcut.

Posted Image

Most laptop have the power button as the sleep mode button, and it's not good to force shut down your computer.

Andrew, the whole thing is: why is Microsoft positioning a touch screen interface based operating system as a desktop/laptop OS? What idiot thought that was a good idea? Microsoft has posed 8 as the upgrade of 7, but their not even meant for the same device!

48fhih.png

#27 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,830 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I called up Xbox Live tech support and they fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#28 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

I have owned 6 laptops in the last few years , 2 with different types of XP :D , one with vista :tdn: , 2 with win 7 and now one with win 8. So I have some experience with Microsoft.

IMO win 8 is actually a good OS and I think that it gets a lot of unwarranted criticisms. All of the OS's for microsoft were becoming linear and think that it is cool that they made a change with win 8 . What many people dont get about win8 is that the home screen is not your desktop like how it is on win 8 phones/ tablets . All you have to put on it are a couple of apps for convenience and you can put all of your apps on your actual desktop. I love that on the homescreen you can just type in what you are looking for and It will come up. I also like that the system for filing has been kept. The fact that there are apps that can be applied to the homescreen are great , they allow me to watch Netflix and listen to radio without going through my browser. Learning the system and how to get around on the computer seems tough at first but after maybe 2 hours of tinkering it becomes super easy to use.

But to be honest XP has been my favorite OS due to its simplicity and second to that is win7 then win8 and in my list is that stinking pile of dog shit called Vista.

Posted Image

#29 Striker

Striker

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,019 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

Microsoft haters are just jelly that Bill Gates would LOSE money by picking up a $100 bill off the street...I need to be that kind of rich :)

#30 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:19 AM

IMO, as many, window8 was to gain tablet and mobile market shares. The reviews by these users are good. Also consider future sales from an App Store. Apple showed the way with iOS.

#31 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:50 PM

Exact same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago. I called up Xbox Live tech support and they fixed it in less than 5 minutes.

This ^^^ just call them and it will be sorted out.
I've called them lots of times and they always help
EDIT: i also want to say WINDOWS 7 > WINDOWS 8

Edited by madsnipes, 15 January 2013 - 05:51 PM.

#32 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:17 PM

Gee, I wonder why it increased my performance, stability and ease of access for just about everything. :rolleyes:/>/>
People who complain about the interface expect it to work as every single other windows have worked. But it doesn't do that of course, it's a new fucking design.
The start button has changed to a different format, that's about it except for the better stability and performance.

It works great with a mouse, I literally have no problems with it. And there's an "turn off" option, I found it after 30 seconds of looking after it. The new metro/start interface is super easy to learn, two Google searches and you can make your own tiles and have a beautiful looking shortcut menu as well as the good old desktop.

I was going to completely change over to Apple and just run windows in boot camp for gaming. Tested windows 8 for a week and loved it, installed it on all my computers and I'm not regretting that decision even for a second. I even got a windows 8 phone.
Apple is going down, after the incredibly shitty iOS 6 came out, and their overly expensive not-good-for-anything-but-photoshop computers became even more costly. Why would anyone stay with them. And mind you, I've been a huge Apple fanboy, and I still think iOS is ways better than Android(AKA Shitdroid Mcviruslag)

Edited by Nobben #44, 15 January 2013 - 06:21 PM.

#33 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,646 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:41 PM

Too bad Windows 7 is what the cool kids use.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#34 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:58 PM

Gee, I wonder why it increased my performance, stability and ease of access for just about everything. :rolleyes:/>/>/>
People who complain about the interface expect it to work as every single other windows have worked. But it doesn't do that of course, it's a new fucking design.
The start button has changed to a different format, that's about it except for the better stability and performance.

It works great with a mouse, I literally have no problems with it. And there's an "turn off" option, I found it after 30 seconds of looking after it. The new metro/start interface is super easy to learn, two Google searches and you can make your own tiles and have a beautiful looking shortcut menu as well as the good old desktop.

I was going to completely change over to Apple and just run windows in boot camp for gaming. Tested windows 8 for a week and loved it, installed it on all my computers and I'm not regretting that decision even for a second. I even got a windows 8 phone.
Apple is going down, after the incredibly shitty iOS 6 came out, and their overly expensive not-good-for-anything-but-photoshop computers became even more costly. Why would anyone stay with them. And mind you, I've been a huge Apple fanboy, and I still think iOS is ways better than Android(AKA Shitdroid Mcviruslag)

Yeah, ok "performance boost"
http://m.tomshardwar...ce,3331-13.html

48fhih.png

#35 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

I got 10-15fps more in BF3 from just installing Windows 8. But hey what do I know. :rolleyes:

#36 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

The BF3 chart
http://media.bestofm...riginal/BF3.png
I don't know how your getting a difference 10X what they're getting.

Edited by Blade of grass, 18 January 2013 - 07:31 AM.

48fhih.png

#37 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Window8 was developed more towards mobile units.

W8 is terrific, I have the Nokia Lumia 920 and I love it. However, I would only use W8 on a mobile device like you said cause i really don't feel like having a touchscreen monitor...

On a side note, to the OP, you will always have bad CS wherever you go. You have to take the good with the bad.

Also, PC gaming is the best...

etek.jpg

#38 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Saw the word 'tits' on the description.
Did not find tits.
The Daniel is disappointed.