• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 zoombie121

zoombie121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

Hey everyone... I have read some of the newbie topics and I think mine is going to be the same as everyone else. First I just want to say that I have played paintball about a dozen times... 8 years ago! I had a Tippman 98 custom with a empire barrel and a stock to make it look like a m16. I sold this awhile ago so I am starting fresh. My budget is probably around 300-400 until I decide if I really want to get into it or not. I was following this guide: http://www.paintball...kers-masks.html

What do you think of the suggestions in this guide? I know the mask is the most important so I am looking for suggestions on masks, tanks, hopper and marker. . I am open to any suggestions on anything I listed. I am also open to people suggesting what I should buy used. Again i'm not positive I want to really get into this so I don't want to drop more than I was said before.

Here is my list of things i'm thinking of getting and I would like pro/cons of my selection:

Mask: Invert Avatar
Air: 68/4500.. dont know which one to buy
Hopper: Proto Primo
Marker: Spyder Fenix/?? I am very open to suggestions on markers!

Thanks!

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:07 PM

Get a used/cheap high end for a gun. And a used super loader instead of a shake-n-shoot.

Edited by cybermaniac15, 14 January 2013 - 12:09 PM.

#3 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:11 PM

You could even find a used ninja 68 with a couple years left on the hydro. Say spend about $85-100 on the tank, 60 on a used prophecy v2, 100-150 on an old Timmy or shocker. Lastly, how ever much your mask is.

#4 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:14 PM

honestly i would skip a low end electro and instead go with a gog eNMY. but other than that it looks good.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5 zoombie121

zoombie121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:04 PM

Good replies guys... yeah my best bet is to go used for sure. I like JellyFilled suggestion about the eNMEy. Should I use CO2 or invest in the HPA tank now so I can use it later for a mid-high gun? I guess i'm back and forth about the gun... used or new? I would like a used mid-high as cybermaniac said but I also wouldn't mind a new GOG eNMEy. Any thoughts? I don't want to spend alot until I know I like it. I do have alot of expendable income but I don't want to trap myself with nice setup then have to sell it all piece by piece.

#6 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Good replies guys... yeah my best bet is to go used for sure. I like JellyFilled suggestion about the eNMEy. Should I use CO2 or invest in the HPA tank now so I can use it later for a mid-high gun?

That depends where you play.

First, keep in mind that while most entry-level markers will run happily on both CO2 or HPA, anything nicer than a GoG gun is going probably going to require HPA use only.

If you're going to be playing at a commercial field that offers unlimited air fills with admission (and a lot of them do) an HPA tank, even a small cheap one, will pay for itself rather quickly.
On the other hand, if you're going to be playing on your friend's farm or something, miles from any pro-shop that could fill tanks, multiple 20oz CO2 tanks will be a much probably be the better choice to last you through the day.

Also, if you live up north or plan to play in colder weather, the performance gap between CO2 and HPA will widen.

#7 zoombie121

zoombie121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:10 PM

Well i'm sure it's going to be a mix of woods play and tourny style. I live in western PA so we have harsher seasons. I think most of my play will be at a commercial field as opposed to woods/farm areas. Please let me know if you think co2 or HPA is better for western PA.

#8 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:19 PM

Hpa by far.

#9 The Inflicted

The Inflicted

⊥ɥǝ Iuɟl!ɔʇǝp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,455 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

Well i'm sure it's going to be a mix of woods play and tourny style. I live in western PA so we have harsher seasons. I think most of my play will be at a commercial field as opposed to woods/farm areas. Please let me know if you think co2 or HPA is better for western PA.

Do these fields offer unlimited air fills included with entry?
It should tell you on their websites, or you could call and ask.

#10 zoombie121

zoombie121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Thanks guys i'll find out. If anyone has any used HPA tanks or markers i'm in the market!

#11 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:57 PM

The B/S/T

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#12 gnarlee

gnarlee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

Mask:get a nice one proflex cheap but very little ear protection hard to take out lense so event eflex sly profit and the dye i4 if you have a small face all are good choices but don't skimp here you will regret it
Tank:I say used or a ans owned with a crossfire reg but a good reg is not as important as everyone says it is at least to a begginer.
Hopper:valken vmax invert too or pinokio or used superloader
Gun wait and save:but if you must I say a gog enemy or azodin blitz but save up for a etha gog extcy proto rail or mini if it fits your hand and if you want to splurge axe,proto reflex rail, or etek 3

And welcome to paintball warning it will consume your life time and money

Edited by gnarlee, 14 January 2013 - 05:03 PM.

#13 zoombie121

zoombie121

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 05:36 PM

Thanks gnarlee... I will be looking into your suggestions. I have a post in the WTB, i'll see what people offer!

#14 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:29 PM

Good Luck!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users