• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

Ok so I have a choice to get both of these from a trade. The dm has an oled board and the reflex has a critical trigger, oled board, new feedneck, and I think L7 bolt. which one would you choose.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Ok so I have a choice to get both of these from a trade. The dm has an oled board and the reflex has a critical trigger, oled board, new feedneck, and I think L7 bolt. which one would you choose.

Personally, I would go for the DM if the prices are the same. OLED boards on both and the DM will perform much better.

#3 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 07:45 PM

Personally, I would go for the DM if the prices are the same. OLED boards on both and the DM will perform much better.

Even if the DM didn't come with the oled i'm pretty sure the DM would still come out on top. :P The guy selling the reflex said that the reg on the DM is outdated and wasn't as good as the reflexes...is this true?

Edited by TexasBalla, 14 January 2013 - 07:51 PM.

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,804 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Even if the DM didn't come with the oled i'm pretty sure the DM would still come out on top. :P The guy selling the reflex said that the reg on the DM is outdated and wasn't as good as the reflexes...is this true?

The DM9 probably uses a Hyper 2 instead of the Hyper 3 in the Reflex. Honestly it really doesn't make a difference. I know a guy at my field who's a DM fanatic and he still prefers his DM6 over his 12 except for the trigger and that's easy enough to replace. The DM9 will have a much higher build quality and like you said even without an OLED it still comes out on top, mainly due to sheer performance.

#5 syllabuz

syllabuz

Just Keepin' It Real...

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

DM9's uses Hyper 3 regs, but yes, not much of a difference between Hyper 2 and 3, Ill go with a DM9, but if your on a budget, get the reflex...

POS

#6 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:30 PM

DM10 every time. No matter how much you upgrade a reflex rail it's still a $500 marker. You don't have an LPR and it gets maybe 6 pods. DM will be smoother and quieter. Trust me, I own a reflex rail.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#7 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

DM. Nothing you can do to a Reflex to make it shoot like a DM. Unless of course, you tune the DM to shoot like the Reflex Posted Image

#8 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

The DM9 probably uses a Hyper 2 instead of the Hyper 3 in the Reflex. Honestly it really doesn't make a difference. I know a guy at my field who's a DM fanatic and he still prefers his DM6 over his 12 except for the trigger and that's easy enough to replace. The DM9 will have a much higher build quality and like you said even without an OLED it still comes out on top, mainly due to sheer performance.

if you're going to offer advice on guns, double check your facts first.
the last DM that used the hyper 2 was the DM7. pretty much every Dye gun after that uses a Hyper 3 (which is, in fact, slightly different internally as to allow smaller adjustments).

go for the dm10.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#9 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:58 AM

DM 10 all day every day. I have shot both and the DM10 smokes it on every level. The biggest difference is the LPR, with it you can tune it and make it shoot like butter.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#10 Spartan040

Spartan040

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

The DM10. I have a DM8 with an OLED, BW bolt, laser eyes, and eigenring. Just add an eigenring to the DM10 if it already has an OLED and you're good to go.

#11 NinjaPig

NinjaPig

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

In reality the Reflex is an unbalanced spool and nothing changes that! It won't even shoot as smooth as a DM 8 will! So i'd easily say take the DM over the reflex because no matter what upgrades the Reflex has in the end it won't match a DM. :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users