• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

Before I start I'm going to give some backround info that could spark some ideas and strategies lol. I'm 15 turning 16 in april. I already asked if it could be my birthday present but no luck there. I've been paintballing about 15 times in 2 years. My parents don't want me to play paintball nor do they help me in anyway ever with anything paintball related. Does anyone have any idea's of how i'd be able to convince them to take me or let me go? Any realistic idea's would be greately appreciated. Thanks for the feedback

#2 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

Just make it seem like it would be good for you.Start working out,then they'll probably ask why,and you'll say "For paintball".Get a job,they'll ask why,say"For paintball".Try to look really dedicated to the sport,then they may begin to show some interest.Also,in this case,usually showing them(in a non-douchebag way)that you have the money for it so you can convince them that it would be beneficial for you to go.

#3 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Just make it seem like it would be good for you.Start working out,then they'll probably ask why,and you'll say "For paintball".Get a job,they'll ask why,say"For paintball".Try to look really dedicated to the sport,then they may begin to show some interest.Also,in this case,usually showing them(in a non-douchebag way)that you have the money for it so you can convince them that it would be beneficial for you to go.

Thanks, ill definetly try that,

#4 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

Being an Parent myself of a 15 y/o. I may have some feedback. The main issue is the image that your parents may have in regards to the sport. They do not see the possibility of it getting you a scholarship or anything like other sports. SO they do not see any benefit in the long run for you. This is more than likely the reason a good portion of parents are against paintball for their kids to begin with.

What they fail to see is the joy we get hanging with friends and playing the game we enjoy very much. So to help you with your situation the suggestions made by paintballguy2255, are right on the money. If you want it bad enough show them how serious and dedicated you are to it. Help them see you and feel your passion for this. As mentioned before working out and getting a job will help, but to help sway your parents assistance is for it to benefit them to a degree. Let me give you some examples, if you have chores do them early, on time and extra well. Do not have them ask you to do something you should have done already. Let them know look I really want something and am willing to work for it, is there anything I can help with or do to prove what this means to me. Basically bargain with them.

Depending on where you live will affect the overall cost of the venture. More expensive trips require more motivation and sometimes bribery. Offer to pay for certain things for them if they come with you and such. Money is tight now for everyone, so some of the things I mentioned may or may not work.

One thing is true, there is no one perfect answer to your questions. It all depends on you and your parents. Have you been a pain in their ass and now want something. And just so many other factors makes this impossible to truly give you the perfect answer. but hard work and dedication to a goal can be achieved. So if you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it possible. Maybe not this year or the next, but one day you can achieve anything through hard work and dedication.

Good Luck to you, hope to see you at LL6, but if not there is always the following years to come. It's a great time without a doubt. Hope this helps some.

#5 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:21 PM

Being an Parent myself of a 15 y/o. I may have some feedback. The main issue is the image that your parents may have in regards to the sport. They do not see the possibility of it getting you a scholarship or anything like other sports. SO they do not see any benefit in the long run for you. This is more than likely the reason a good portion of parents are against paintball for their kids to begin with.

What they fail to see is the joy we get hanging with friends and playing the game we enjoy very much. So to help you with your situation the suggestions made by paintballguy2255, are right on the money. If you want it bad enough show them how serious and dedicated you are to it. Help them see you and feel your passion for this. As mentioned before working out and getting a job will help, but to help sway your parents assistance is for it to benefit them to a degree. Let me give you some examples, if you have chores do them early, on time and extra well. Do not have them ask you to do something you should have done already. Let them know look I really want something and am willing to work for it, is there anything I can help with or do to prove what this means to me. Basically bargain with them.

Depending on where you live will affect the overall cost of the venture. More expensive trips require more motivation and sometimes bribery. Offer to pay for certain things for them if they come with you and such. Money is tight now for everyone, so some of the things I mentioned may or may not work.

One thing is true, there is no one perfect answer to your questions. It all depends on you and your parents. Have you been a pain in their ass and now want something. And just so many other factors makes this impossible to truly give you the perfect answer. but hard work and dedication to a goal can be achieved. So if you want it bad enough you will find a way to make it possible. Maybe not this year or the next, but one day you can achieve anything through hard work and dedication.

Good Luck to you, hope to see you at LL6, but if not there is always the following years to come. It's a great time without a doubt. Hope this helps some.

Thanks a lot Willie. That's some great advice and I appreciate the time you took to respond. Hopefully I'm going to be able to convince them with all this help you and paintballguy 2255 have given.

#6 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I have nothing else to add. Good luck buddy!
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#7 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

For victory you must know what will be your defeat.

Do you know what reasons they have against you playing paintball?

Also being 15, if they were to say you could go, do you have the funds to support going?

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#8 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:51 AM

For victory you must know what will be your defeat.

Do you know what reasons they have against you playing paintball?

Also being 15, if they were to say you could go, do you have the funds to support going?

Well not really. Whenever i ask to go or to buy some new equipment they tell me that they just don't the sport because it involves shooting. I can't really respond to that cause they're right.

Edited by PaintballPassion, 19 January 2013 - 09:51 AM.

#9 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:29 PM

Crap, that is a tough one.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#10 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Maybe show them a couple videos of speedball,and explain to them that it has nothing in common with shooting a real gun.

#11 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

Maybe show them a couple videos of speedball,and explain to them that it has nothing in common with shooting a real gun.

I've tried that but they think that paintball is made up of people that don't know what to do with their money and play too many violent video games. I have a unique set of parents -.- and then when i tell them that the paintball community is filled with great people and its not about shooting, its about having fun with your friends doing something you love. My parents say that its still shooting, and it could lead to serious injuries.

Edited by PaintballPassion, 19 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#12 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

My parents say that its still shooting, and it could lead to serious injuries.

90% of all PB related injuries are of diving wrong, stepping or falling wrong, shooting your eye out when maintaining your marker, or the dumbasses on the field who take their mask off mid game.

Your parents will almost never listen to you because they believe that they are always right. I am not saying lie to them but try your best to tell them how this hobby is about fun and the injuries are self injuries due to lack of knowledge.

#13 Woodsninja

Woodsninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I'm almost 40 years old, when I bought the first issue of Action Pursuit Games when I was in junior high I was hooked. My Parents on the other hand not so much. Mainly because a couple of the local drug dealers were known to play. So they assumed all players did drugs and it was a no go.

I waited until my senior year of high school when I had money from sacking groceries and knew kids that played, borrowed a splatmaster rapide and have been going ever since.

I understand their fears, I have a 14 year old girl and 12 year old son that plays. I've played with many different kinds of people from all walks of life and never had any problems BUT I have always gone and pre played any new fields I've gone to just to make sure they are kid friendly (not super competitive and not a lot of attitudes and over shooting) and honestly I won't let them go off and play without me being there with them because things can happen.

I'd personally try talking one of your parents into going along to play, or maybe another family member. Or they can come along to observe. There were several parents there last year just hanging out at the picnic tables fixing sandwiches or loading pods for kids the same age as mine. I would have no problems taking either one of my kids to Living Legends. I know (and so do they) that 2 full days of paintball is a little much for them. 4-5 hours is their max.

Edited by Woodsninja, 19 January 2013 - 10:21 PM.

#14 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hey guys I've been having some trouble convincing my parents that its worth going. They are totally supportive of me playing but they don't see why it's worth it. Are there any videos out there that show how awesome cpx's facility is or some highlights from LL? Thanks in advance.

Ohio Raiders 

#15 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:27 PM

Look up Living Legends 5 on YouTube, and watch any number of awesome videos from last year!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#16 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Yeah I tried that. I'll try to pick out a good one.

Ohio Raiders 

#17 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I've tried that but they think that paintball is made up of people that don't know what to do with their money and play too many violent video games. I have a unique set of parents -.- and then when i tell them that the paintball community is filled with great people and its not about shooting, its about having fun with your friends doing something you love. My parents say that its still shooting, and it could lead to serious injuries.

lol violent video game. Paintball is very very safe. I'd just tell your parents so what if it involves shooting, how would it effect you negatively?

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#18 SuicideLemming

SuicideLemming

Game on!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:21 AM

Look up Living Legends 5 on YouTube, and watch any number of awesome videos from last year!

On this note, tyger (or webdogradio) has an excellent LL5 video on youtube that could convince your parents.

#19 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:45 AM

I did post some vids on the LL6 website. Make sure to watch the video first.

LLV Videos

Sean Scott

www.cpxsports.com

#20 H all day

H all day

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

And im in the vid :D
I pay for all my gear...Im 13.If your under 18 and pay for your gear, put this section in your sig
Proud Christian Paintballer!!

#21 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

Had this problem, my dad is very anti-gun. He also isn't thrilled over the fact that you shoot people. Its important with parents not to try to disprove their point, but to bring up another point that somewhat nullifies their point. When I started in paintball, with a mech in the woods, he hated it. After I saved my money and got a decent gun and hopper,he was still opposed to it, grumbling I was wasting my money. I decided to show him he was wrong. I began to very deliberately disassemble and clean things when he was around, making him see it taught skills with tools. When I shot in the backyard, I wore a mask, and hosed the fence down after I was done, being responsible. Furthermore, I started playing at an airball field more,and told him I wad trying to get on a team. That was what did it. It no longer was a waste of time, it was working together. Many of these things may work on your parents. Overall, don't piss them off about it. Angry parents don't listen

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#22 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

Thanks alot. that's an approach i haven't thought of before. hopefully they listen

#23 BlacknRed

BlacknRed

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

Here is another avenue to try. You are lucky that you have a birthday between now and the game. How 'bout you talk to you folks about having your birthday party at a PB facility. They do them all the time. If they complain about the $, talk with your friends and see if they can have their parents kick in. That way you might help some of you buddies get their folks to let them play too. Parents are always at the parties doing the food and drinks etc.. Once they actually see the game and how stoked everyone gets when playing, there is a much better chance of them letting you - and maybe some of your friends too - attend LL6.
www.ImmortalsPaintball.com
www.MouthyMimes.com
www.Impulse-Owners.com

#24 nitsua

nitsua

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:29 PM

Just to throw it out there, as far as safety goes you could always use statistics. I'm not sure how reliable this report is but I know that there are a few studies done that verify paintball is very, very safe when played properly.

http://www.paint-bal...fety_report.htm

This is an old study but numbers are numbers.
TechPB || MCB

#25 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

My parents have been divorced since I was a youngin so I never had the glory of trying this. My friends seem to win their mothers over and from there it is easy going. Some people may not be like that but I feel like if you can seriously get your mom on board then you may very well be able to go. Women do run the world, something you'll learn about later in life if you don't already know that whole ordeal, so winning your mom over could be the easiest thing to do. Mom's are generally supportive of their children and want them to succeed, tell her about how you now have a very close family of friends that will always be there for you. An easy way to overcome your dad (at least in my case) is just to overwhelm him with information. Take apart your marker, bring him in your room, just show him all the parts and tell him what they do. Make it seem as enjoyable as possible and let him know how much knowledge you have gained from playing.

#26 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Here is another avenue to try. You are lucky that you have a birthday between now and the game. How 'bout you talk to you folks about having your birthday party at a PB facility. They do them all the time. If they complain about the $, talk with your friends and see if they can have their parents kick in. That way you might help some of you buddies get their folks to let them play too. Parents are always at the parties doing the food and drinks etc.. Once they actually see the game and how stoked everyone gets when playing, there is a much better chance of them letting you - and maybe some of your friends too - attend LL6.

thats a good strategy but my parents have already been at paintball facilities but they still see paintball as a waste of time. and i do have a birthday between now and ll6

#27 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

My parents have been divorced since I was a youngin so I never had the glory of trying this. My friends seem to win their mothers over and from there it is easy going. Some people may not be like that but I feel like if you can seriously get your mom on board then you may very well be able to go. Women do run the world, something you'll learn about later in life if you don't already know that whole ordeal, so winning your mom over could be the easiest thing to do. Mom's are generally supportive of their children and want them to succeed, tell her about how you now have a very close family of friends that will always be there for you. An easy way to overcome your dad (at least in my case) is just to overwhelm him with information. Take apart your marker, bring him in your room, just show him all the parts and tell him what they do. Make it seem as enjoyable as possible and let him know how much knowledge you have gained from playing.

Sorry about your circumstances. and my mother doesn't really care about paint balling. she won't stop me if i have the money and everything ready to go but won't support me either. My dad on the other hand is completely dead set against any idea of leaving Southern Ontario for Paintball.

#28 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:28 PM

I tried showing my parents the hk video and they were very impressed, but they think its to intense. They say I don't have enough experience and I'm going to be going up against really hardcore guys. Which is true. So they think I'm not ready. If I can't go this year I'm going to go crazy. What do you guys think?

Ohio Raiders 

#29 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:18 PM

Sorry about your circumstances. and my mother doesn't really care about paint balling. she won't stop me if i have the money and everything ready to go but won't support me either. My dad on the other hand is completely dead set against any idea of leaving Southern Ontario for Paintball.

This might be a bit of a reach, but see if they wanted to make a weekend of it for themselves too. I may be a little biased, but I think that Chicago is possibly one of the best cities in the US to visit. They could have their weekend, while you have yours.

#30 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well I'm not too sure they'd take that because there are 8 children in my family, me being the oldest. So it would be pretty difficult to bring the whole family along (leaving a couple behind would immediately push them away from the chance of actually going at all)

Edited by PaintballPassion, 28 January 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#31 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:11 PM

Ok, well that idea's out. Honestly I don't know what to tell ya. If they are being big headed about the sport that is one thing, not allowing you to leave the country is a whole other thing and I can understand their hostility towards that. Some parents are just hard headed like that. I've got a dad that is all for whatever makes me tick, but my mom still won't acknowledge the fact that I play paintball. I'm 29 and have been playing for 13 years. Waste of time or not, its something you enjoy. The same can be said of golf, soccer, football, or any other organized sport. Its frustrating because you just want to tell them to respect your interests, but doing so can cause negative confrontation. If it does really come down to it and a confrontation happens, then tell them that they shouldn't doubt their parenting skills by thinking you are making bad decisions. Tell them they didn't raise someone who is so impressionable that a few bad eggs at a paintball field are going to rub off on you. Show them that you are a responsible young adult and capable of making educated rational decisions.

#32 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

Show these to your parents.

#33 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

I tried showing my parents the hk video and they were very impressed, but they think its to intense. They say I don't have enough experience and I'm going to be going up against really hardcore guys. Which is true. So they think I'm not ready. If I can't go this year I'm going to go crazy. What do you guys think?

Dude... There are kids at this event that are like 12, I went to my first Living Legends back in like 7th grade so you tell them that it is an event for everyone.

The Superbowl is for people of almost all ages right? Well this is basically the super bowl of paintball.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#34 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Show these to your parents.

thanks a lot! These videos could definetly be what helps them make the decision to let me play.

#35 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:07 PM

Dude... There are kids at this event that are like 12, I went to my first Living Legends back in like 7th grade so you tell them that it is an event for everyone.

The Superbowl is for people of almost all ages right? Well this is basically the super bowl of paintball.

Thanks and how far we're you away from cpx when you were 12.

Ohio Raiders 

#36 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:13 PM

Oh I did not go when i was 12 I am just saying there are 12 year olds there, and I was about 13 when I went to my first Living Legends.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

#37 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

Oh I did not go when i was 12 I am just saying there are 12 year olds there, and I was about 13 when I went to my first Living Legends.

I assume you lived pretty close to cpx then?

Ohio Raiders 

#38 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Honestly, having played some pretty hardcore scenarios, and played against some pretty hardcore speedball types, I gotta say I think Legends is a GREAT scenario to start with. There are some that are super involved and super intricate and that can make it not very fun for new players since htey don't really feel like they are contributing to anything. On the opposite end, there are some that are super disorganized and no one has any idea of whats going on. Also not very fun.

Legends is the perfect mix of intense plot and mission based play, but an open "big game" mindset, where if you want to do missions and be involved in the point scoring, you can find someone to hang on with and go do just that. If you want to just sling paint at others and have fun, you can do that too.

Not to mention there is a lot of camraderie at this event from what I''ve seen, and you'll always find something to do. If you ever get lost, or confused, you'll more then likely find someone willing to help which is what makes this scenario great.

#39 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

I really hope they end up letting you go, been watching this thread to see you say they are letting you. Just keep at it man, I would love to be able to get up there but I spent my money on a car. Next year though... :D

#40 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:02 PM

I really hope they end up letting you go, been watching this thread to see you say they are letting you. Just keep at it man, I would love to be able to get up there but I spent my money on a car. Next year though... :D

A car to drive to living legends!? :D

#41 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:04 PM

Yes but if the issue is you getting them to let you fly there then bring a friend, no?

I assume you lived pretty close to cpx then?

#42 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

My parents are exactly the same. My whole family, including myself, is anti-gun and I am the only person to realize that real guns and paintball are COMPLETELY different. My parents on the other hand believe that paintball is where stupid and violent people shoot each other. They think that it is the same "concept" as war. I have tried so much to make them believe that paintball is completely different but have no luck. When i play paintball, i have almost zero support from my parents. The way i get around this? I used to be a video game addict playing up to 10 hours per day on the weekend. Once I got into paintball, I automatically stopped playing video games. In fact, video games actually bore me now. Just don't let your grades drop while you play paintball. This gives them something to hold against you. My grades have actually risen from All A's with a one or two B's to straight A's after getting into paintball. Because of this, i was able to prove that paintball didn't hurt my school work.

#43 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

My parents are exactly the same. My whole family, including myself, is anti-gun and I am the only person to realize that real guns and paintball are COMPLETELY different. My parents on the other hand believe that paintball is where stupid and violent people shoot each other. They think that it is the same "concept" as war. I have tried so much to make them believe that paintball is completely different but have no luck. When i play paintball, i have almost zero support from my parents. The way i get around this? I used to be a video game addict playing up to 10 hours per day on the weekend. Once I got into paintball, I automatically stopped playing video games. In fact, video games actually bore me now. Just don't let your grades drop while you play paintball. This gives them something to hold against you. My grades have actually risen from All A's with a one or two B's to straight A's after getting into paintball. Because of this, i was able to prove that paintball didn't hurt my school work.

I'll try my best to keep my grades up. Report cards comin up in the middle of February. I'm going to try to convince them to let me go or take me if i get an 80+ average. It may not seem like that big of a deal to some but I've always been an 70-75 average student. if not this report card then the next one at the begining of May. It may be cutting it a bit close but its worth a shot.

#44 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:20 AM

also try telling them that paintball is safer then soccer. also instead of calling them guns call them markers. show how the sport started. pitch that you playing sport will keep you out of drugs. i belive that alot of the major college school have paintball team.. just some thoughts. also paintball is a family sport. try to get your dad to play a game with you..

Edited by SCHULER, 30 January 2013 - 04:23 AM.

Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#45 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

My mom is Japanese and grew up in Japan where guns are against the law and looked down upon. Needless to say, when I got into paintball to make a living, she was not very happy. 18 years later and still in the the paintball industry, I can say she is very proud of me. It took about 7-8 years, but it eventually happened.

The nice thing about paintball is that it teaches safety. This is also a big thing when dealing with your parents. It is best to know how to handle everything and how to do it safely.

Sean Scott

www.cpxsports.com

#46 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

show your parents these two videos. I think I will try it with my parents and hopefully it will change their minds. They let me play, but in no way do they support it. They don't even want to try it out or walk into the proshop when i buy some paint.

and

Edited by marceldacs, 30 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#47 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

show your parents these two videos. I think I will try it with my parents and hopefully it will change their minds. They let me play, but in no way do they support it. They don't even want to try it out or walk into the proshop when i buy some paint.

[video]

and

[video]

Beat you to it. :P

#48 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

Thanks to everyone who have lent their advice and experience with this sort of issue. My parents are now definitely considering letting me go by my self (may not be a big deal for most, but its the first time I've ever gone out of country {Canada} on my own and without any relatives or friends accompanying me) I really hope I get to go there and play paintball at living legends, it looks like an amazing place.

#49 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

It is my friend.... It is.

#50 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:24 PM

Here is to hoping you are able to make it friend!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users