• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#51 Wat

Wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:40 PM

Don't worry we will take good care of you. ;)

#52 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:14 PM

For victory you must know what will be your defeat.

Do you know what reasons they have against you playing paintball?

Also being 15, if they were to say you could go, do you have the funds to support going?

Well not really. Whenever i ask to go or to buy some new equipment they tell me that they just don't the sport because it involves shooting. I can't really respond to that cause they're right.

do they encourage you to play other sports like football or lacrosse or any other contact sport? as a lacrosse player i can tell you it is much more violent than paintball.
just because the sport involves shooting doesn't make it a bad sport. when they say because it involves shooting say "shooting paintballs at each other isn't violent" if they scream "yes it is!" ask them if they would let you play football or some other contact sport and if they say yes "those sports are all more violent and injury causing than paintball is"

paintball injuries tend to be from diving, sliding, and rolled ankles.

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#53 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:37 AM

No unfortunately they don't let me play contact sports even though I can and want to "I can get hurt". They only let me play soccer.

#54 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

Thanks to everyone who have lent their advice and experience with this sort of issue. My parents are now definitely considering letting me go by my self (may not be a big deal for most, but its the first time I've ever gone out of country {Canada} on my own and without any relatives or friends accompanying me) I really hope I get to go there and play paintball at living legends, it looks like an amazing place.

Leaving the country is definitely a big deal. Any chance you can meet up with other Canadian players prior to leaving?

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#55 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

No unfortunately they don't let me play contact sports even though I can and want to "I can get hurt". They only let me play soccer.

Well you seem to have the "Passion" for it! Eh get it anyone? Yes? No? Alright then...

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#56 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

Thanks to everyone who have lent their advice and experience with this sort of issue. My parents are now definitely considering letting me go by my self (may not be a big deal for most, but its the first time I've ever gone out of country {Canada} on my own and without any relatives or friends accompanying me) I really hope I get to go there and play paintball at living legends, it looks like an amazing place.

Leaving the country is definitely a big deal. Any chance you can meet up with other Canadian players prior to leaving?

yea I met some other guys from my city that I've decided to travel with that are also going to living legends

#57 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

yea I met some other guys from my city that I've decided to travel with that are also going to living legends

Great, for what ever reason I suddenly became worried for your safety with travelling out of the country and all. I saw Taken and personally know that "Weird things happen at the worst times, all the time".

Happy to know that you are one step closer to going.

Edited by sonicx059, 08 February 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#58 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

I feel so lucky to be living only 40 minutes from CPX.

#59 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Yes. Yes you are. I live nearby flagraiders in southern Ontario so I usually get to go to some off there big events :P and thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts on this thread. I've talked to my parents and unfortunately I won't be able to go to living legends but my parents have given me permission to finaly buy my new gear. Its a step in the right direction :)

#60 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yes. Yes you are. I live nearby flagraiders in southern Ontario so I usually get to go to some off there big events :P and thanks everyone for your advice and thoughts on this thread. I've talked to my parents and unfortunately I won't be able to go to living legends but my parents have given me permission to finaly buy my new gear. Its a step in the right direction :)

I've never been so sad and happy for somebody at the same time.

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

#61 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

Well there's always next year right? I would definitely prefer to go this year but maybe next year i'd be able to drive myself there, bring some friends along and maybe have an even better time then I wouldve had of I had gone in may. Gotta look at the bright side of things :)

#62 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Indeed the main thing is that they have allowed you to be part of paintball THAT MY FRIEND IS THE MAIN VICTORY...

#63 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:00 PM

Posted Image

#64 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

Posted Image

I don't understand at all lol could someone clarify that for me?

Indeed the main thing is that they have allowed you to be part of paintball THAT MY FRIEND IS THE MAIN VICTORY...

Agreed.

#65 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

Well, my friend I was in the same boat as you right up till my sophomore year of high school. At that point I was working paying for my own car insurance and gas, maintaining honor role in school and playing varsity sports. I decide one day I want to play paintball an there is nothing they can do to stop me. Came home one day with a full speedball setup I bought of Craigslist told my parents made my argument of being self sufficient and on top if things in my life and this was a hobby I have wanted for myself for a very long time, a reward so to speak for everything that i was doing well. At that point there was not much they could say about it. I've been playing ever since. In short earn it, make it so you don't need their permission, prove to them you are mature and responsible enough to make your own decisions, respect their wishes but in the end you are your own person with your own hobbies and finances.

Edited by bigx, 17 February 2013 - 01:28 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#66 PaintballPassion

PaintballPassion

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Well, my friend I was in the same boat as you right up till my sophomore year of high school. At that point I was working paying for my own car insurance and gas, maintaining honor role in school and playing varsity sports. I decide one day I want to play paintball an there is nothing they can do to stop me. Came home one day with a full speedball setup I bought of Craigslist told my parents made my argument of being self sufficient and on top if things in my life and this was a hobby I have wanted for myself for a very long time, a reward so to speak for everything that i was doing well. At that point there was not much they could say about it. I've been playing ever since. In short earn it, make it so you don't need their permission, prove to them you are mature and responsible enough to make your own decisions, respect their wishes but in the end you are your own person with your own hobbies and finances.

That's a really good point and could help me out a bit, thanks a lot :)

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users