23 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:56 AM

So yeah, I love Arizona, but I hate it for paintball. Upstate in Phoenix there are indoor fields with nice turf, but I don't have the luxury of living there nor driving up there often. In Tucson, they're all outdoor fields. I hate the lack of speedball/airball fields here. There is one field which is one huge field, but it is starting to die out because of the lazy employees and lazy, old-school sticking mentality of the owner. He's the type of dude who is prejudiced against tourny guys and caters to the common, blindly misled recballers, who in result buy decked out Tippmanns and whatnot. Keep in note, Arizona is rocky, dusty, full of dirt, and the ground is very hard; no woodsball here. Imagine whatever you think a desert looks like, throw in some spools and barrels, some players, and that's a paintball field in Tucson.
Now on the other-hand, Disruptive Paintball is great. I love everything about the field, except for the fact that it has the ONLY airball field in the entire city, and it is outdoors. I do not want to go buying new pants every weekend.
I am also a little bit bugged that I feel I will slowly drift away from paintball because for one, I do not enjoy spending days washing my pants of dirt and dried mud mixed with dust and paint every day I go out and play. It's annoying. I should only have to wash off some paint, meaning I could just throw it in the washer and not have to do anything else. I feel I will slowly drift off from paintball also because I am just simply bored of going to the same fields time after time after time again. I would go to the other field every once and a while to enjoy myself, but there is now an average of 0-6 people there.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:06 AM

I've never played on fields with grass and only one with some kind of Astroturf.
I had the same conditions in New Mexico (including cacti and mesquite bushes when playing outlaw ball) and loved it.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#3 YoungGun32

YoungGun32

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Sounds like your laziness is getting in the way of your playing.

#4 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

I know that feel. Thats why I left az to live in maine and florida :P

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

Days like these, I'm glad I live in SoCal.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:52 PM

So yeah, I love Arizona, but I hate it for paintball. Upstate in Phoenix there are indoor fields with nice turf, but I don't have the luxury of living there nor driving up there often. In Tucson, they're all outdoor fields. I hate the lack of speedball/airball fields here. There is one field which is one huge field, but it is starting to die out because of the lazy employees and lazy, old-school sticking mentality of the owner. He's the type of dude who is prejudiced against tourny guys and caters to the common, blindly misled recballers, who in result buy decked out Tippmanns and whatnot. Keep in note, Arizona is rocky, dusty, full of dirt, and the ground is very hard; no woodsball here. Imagine whatever you think a desert looks like, throw in some spools and barrels, some players, and that's a paintball field in Tucson.
Now on the other-hand, Disruptive Paintball is great. I love everything about the field, except for the fact that it has the ONLY airball field in the entire city, and it is outdoors. I do not want to go buying new pants every weekend.
I am also a little bit bugged that I feel I will slowly drift away from paintball because for one, I do not enjoy spending days washing my pants of dirt and dried mud mixed with dust and paint every day I go out and play. It's annoying. I should only have to wash off some paint, meaning I could just throw it in the washer and not have to do anything else. I feel I will slowly drift off from paintball also because I am just simply bored of going to the same fields time after time after time again. I would go to the other field every once and a while to enjoy myself, but there is now an average of 0-6 people there.

I'm not sure how far you have to drive but the recball field I work at is 40min away, the only indoor field for airball in the winter (and this is Minnesota winter so great driving conditions) is 50+ min away, and any good airball fields are at least an hour away so I defininitely know how you feel. To be honest, this is kinda the nature of the game, since fields pretty much have to be out in farming areas and few people live out near the fields. I've realized that its worth it if I have the drive to spend as much time and money as I do; there's very little that even comes close to paintball for me.

#7 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

I live in greater boston, their is an indoor field 15 minutes away from my house. There is a multitude of outdoor fiends about an hours drive away from my house. I cant say much because im a bit spoiled. Boston Paintball Chelsea, Boston Paintball Maynard, Fox 4, PnL, BOLP "In NH", ASG "In Maine so many places to go play its actually a little unfair.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I live in greater boston, their is an indoor field 15 minutes away from my house. There is a multitude of outdoor fiends about an hours drive away from my house. I cant say much because im a bit spoiled. Boston Paintball Chelsea, Boston Paintball Maynard, Fox 4, PnL, BOLP "In NH", ASG "In Maine so many places to go play its actually a little unfair.

That sounds amazing! Where I am there's actually a pretty good amount of both tourney and scenario/woods fields, it's just that I happen to live in the perfect spot to be far away from all of them.

#9 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

That sounds amazing! Where I am there's actually a pretty good amount of both tourney and scenario/woods fields, it's just that I happen to live in the perfect spot to be far away from all of them.

That is horribly unfortunate haha gotta get used to playing outlaw then!

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#10 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

I have to drive an hour and half if I want to go play woodsball... Two hours if I want air ball... You don't have it that bad kid...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,592 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:37 PM

I have to drive for 30 minutes for regular play. 4 hours if I wanna play in Phoenix for many fields. I cant drive, so meh.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

Fuck every state for paintball besides CA

#13 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

I loved it here in SW Ontario for paintball anyways.

I can drive 10 mins to a great outdoor woodsball field that also have two great air ball fields (one psp setup, one nppl).

Drive ten minutes in other direction have an option of two indoor fields. Only really care for the one. It has airball on turf and a little CQBish field with cars and buildings again on turf.

And within 2 hour drives there more fields than I can count. Some of witch are just phenomenal places to play.

Edited by TinyBear, 16 January 2013 - 01:44 AM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#14 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:46 AM

Pfffttt Ok buddy whatever you say. :dodgy:

#15 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:28 PM

Ha. It's true CA has the best paintball IMO

Edited by TECHDP=), 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

That is horribly unfortunate haha gotta get used to playing outlaw then!

Nah, I just suck it up and make the trip almost every weekend. Thankfully gas has been oretty cheap here lately.

#17 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

in st louis mo theres 6 different places 3 that mainly speedball 3 mainly woodsball and 1 more thats both which were i play at xtreme pb

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#18 WeAre138

WeAre138

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:30 AM

Ha. It's true CA has the best paintball IMO

You do have great paintball in California. No argument there, but there are alot of GREAT paintball fields across the country.

#19 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

CA, and Florida paintball are the best just due to it being nice year round. All the the midwest, NW, and NE and above are on lock for the winter.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#20 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

I live 15 min from a field with 7 playing areas, less than 50$ a case and a bunch of people even on sunday. I have it good :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#21 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,550 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:47 PM

Only a 30 min drive to my local tourney field, just the fake turf. Which is absolute fucking shit. With the new owners coming I see BIG changes coming.

Local field has both an indoor field and an outdoor back field, both airball.

If I drove out 90min to 2 hr Xcal is in Boyle alberta, their airball fields are simply superb! Grass was amazing and they also have a woodsball field too!

There are a few fields around edmonton like Quest for Adventure which is getting kinda meh, paintball action games outdoor which i haven't been to, uncooperative screwed over 50 cal rental field young guns, a new paintball place in West Edmonton Mall where the old playdium is.

There is also a First stike place somewhere in red deer which is about 90 mins outta town
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#22 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

Northwest Indiana is a pretty nice spot for paintball.
Posted Image

#23 cam0331

cam0331

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have 3 fields in my area not one is speed ball and one of them only has 1 field and its 160 dollars a case

#24 Garribean

Garribean

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 09:56 PM

I live about 45-50 Min away from the closet field then I have another 2 fields 2 hours away. But Extreme paintball only has 1 airball field, 1 tiny hyperball field, 2 amazing hyperball fields, then like 3 Recball fields. Only thing that sucks is that when theres a lot of people playing airball they take like they're playing Pro :dodgy: which rather annoying since they turn on ramping. Like really? lol Come on. Don't need that shit. So depending on the people playing I either just stick to rec or airball.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users