88 replies to this topic

#51 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:09 PM

Agree with the long waits. Worst is when your ready to go but some dippy needs to go back and fill his tank.

I try to tell the other refs where I work to avoid this since it is so frustrating. I just say, "Should have checked 5 minutes ago when the last game ended", and start the match without them.

#52 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

When there's nobody there to play
When the field paint never...EVER breaks
And rain
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#53 TheTorontoRevelations

TheTorontoRevelations

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:39 PM

People Who Whipe, And Who are assholes on The field. Not to mension the People who act like the own the field because they have all this expensive gear. Talk about cocky..

#54 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

Long walks, and field-only paint with insanely marked up prices(I could get great paint at my local shop for $40, but nah... you gotta pay $80 a case to play here). Sadly every field around here suffers from one of them :(/>

It's amazing how food in a restaurant is so much more money than in a grocery store too. :)

#55 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM

People Who Whipe, And Who are assholes on The field. Not to mension the People who act like the own the field because they have all this expensive gear. Talk about cocky..

I am not by any means condoning people acting like assholes, but I will say that when I have to choose between the interests (what field to play etc.) of someone who comes and plays every weekend and buys paint, gear, etc. from my fields proshop, and someone who is playing for their one time that year... its kinda an obvious choice. We had an incident I watched while out where one of our long time refs was playing and offered a man on the other team a surrender. The guy shot back and the ref shot him out. Afterwards the new player went and complained to the field owner that he was shot from 10ft. away. Obviously he was in the wrong; just something to think aboubthat its not always the guys with fancy gear that can be assholes, because being a d-bag is universal.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 16 January 2013 - 06:55 PM.

#56 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

The wind.

#57 Zay48

Zay48

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

At my local fields I pay $120 per case of crappy paint. Canadian paint prices are ridiculous. :(

#58 Cole N

Cole N

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

Pink paint stains ANYTHING

#59 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:31 PM

Pink paint stains ANYTHING

Somebody tried to tell me pink paint isnt made at all anymore because it looks like blood. I just laughed.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 16 January 2013 - 08:32 PM.

#60 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:43 PM

Long walks, and field-only paint with insanely marked up prices(I could get great paint at my local shop for $40, but nah... you gotta pay $80 a case to play here). Sadly every field around here suffers from one of them :(/>

It's amazing how food in a restaurant is so much more money than in a grocery store too. :)

Apples and oranges sir.

#61 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

no shirt guy..... (theres one at every field) and that guy/kid whos parents bought him brand new dye gear and hes a huge ass about it..... and bonus ballers

You sound jealous
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#62 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:16 PM

There are two types of refs who play at my field. THe nice ones who try to get people into the sport and the ones who not only enjoy bunkering, but also enjoy bonus balling any player, including new players. I dislike the latter. I got put on a team with 3 other renters and my friend and the other team consisted of a d3 team. I have no idea why the teams were set up this way but i ended up getting bunkered and got shot 5 times along the back of my right arm, twice in the back of the left arm, once in the back, once in the back of the head, and once in the back of the ear. This was all done by one person and as i was walking off the field with my arms raised up, i got shot in the back of the head again, in the back, and on the back of my legs. Getting shot coming off the field wasn't a big deal but the multiple welts i received from one guy i find totally unnecessary. He continued shooting me well past running past my bunker. If i were a first time player i would definitely not come back. This and expensive paint really ruin my field experience. THere are a lot of cheap paints that still perform decently (midnight and at my field GI sportz field) and i would play a lot more if paint wasn't close to $90 a case.

#63 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

no shirt guy..... (theres one at every field) and that guy/kid whos parents bought him brand new dye gear and hes a huge ass about it..... and bonus ballers

You sound jealous

I am ok with a kid with expensive gear. I just get bothered when they don't play well. For example, a kid at my field has an almost 3 grand setup but he is scared of getting shot and only plays against kids or renters. It was even more humerous when he was asked why he left, and he said "i needed air" even though he had just filled his tank.

#64 coleroeszler

coleroeszler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:36 PM

You sound jealous

lol that did sound bad. im not jealous. i play pump and happen to own high end gear my self(planet eclipse and dye). but i hate when someone who has no knowledge of the game comes in with way too advanced of gear and talks a lot of shit because they have money. if you actually play then its fine but some people have equated money to skill in our fine sport and its quite troubling.

You sound jealous

I am ok with a kid with expensive gear. I just get bothered when they don't play well. For example, a kid at my field has an almost 3 grand setup but he is scared of getting shot and only plays against kids or renters. It was even more humerous when he was asked why he left, and he said "i needed air" even though he had just filled his tank.

thank you aha this is what i was trying to say lol

#65 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

To ruin a day of ballin for me would be long waits between games. Ignorant players who "turn up thier pressure", shitty ignorant silent dumb as fuck refs. High prices....sounds like a day at boston paintball.

May i please add that one of thier refs was cool and really made the day good until he left and the short guy took over. I just wanted to shoot at him mainly because he was hiding behind the nets to afraid to come out.
I like this thread. Its very rantable

#66 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:53 AM

For me its stupid prices, shitty refs and 3ft deep swaps for playing areas.

How about no refs at all? Posted Image

im yet to see that one

Im yet to play at a field with refs.

i ref so it seem like i never get to play
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#67 BrownChickenBrownCow

BrownChickenBrownCow

Sophomore Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

BIGGEST THING TO HURT FIELDS IS NEW COMERS NOT COMING BACK

Some the reasons i think this happens is:

Dishonest players (wiping, higher velocities, ROF or cheater modes not allowed by field )
Extreme cost of paint (some fields out genre charge up to $150 a case)
Ramping against renters. I never agree with ramping but for walk-ons its just not fair (for myself i go as far as i wont own a marker with ramping)
UNSAFE conditions whether that be field in disrepair dirty or lack of standard rules enforcement
Uninvolved refs who not looking out for safety as #1 and not enforcing rules #2 players should be HONEST and call them self out should not NEED a ref
Lack of respect to others OR EGOs(not the marker). Honestly we all at a field to have FUN we all playing the same game. So go out have some fun. Play the game the way you wish (INSIDE THE RULES) and let others do the same Don't be ripping on some one else for not playing like you or how the SHOULD offer help to those interested in the help but do so with RESPECT. Too many players at the field i see TALK DOWN to the newer players when they the ones that are NEEDED TO HELP THIS SPORT. Instead we should play long side them offer help and LEAD BY EXAMPLE. Leave the EGOS at home (the mental egos not the Planet Eclipse marker).

Thankfully i very happy with the Fields I frequent FlagRaiders both indoor and outdoor. Though paints a bit pricy(OK, A LOT pricy) i manage cause i shooting pump most times anyway and the paints of good quality. The fields well taken care of and games are usually fair. The owner Joe Kimpson is very involved in the industry and treats players well. The fields have a good staff and fair rules.

Grammar and spelling are your friends. But seriously, the second grade teacher Mrs. Green kept calling me about her missing student. She kept on saying that we kidnapped him, because she found someone who wrote exactly like him. Now I don't know about anyone else, but I really don't want us to be thought of as kidnappers of little 2nd grade boys. So I fixed it for you, but dear god Tina if you don't start fixing your spelling and grammar, we wouldn't mind just throw-ohing you in a little boys small shirt, some khaki shorts, and calling you whatever god forsaken name these parents of kidnapped children come up for their kids nowadays. Then we could throw you in Mrs. Green's class just so you can learn something- ANYTHING that would make you any less annoying to society. I mean MY god...

/scrubs-esque rant

This just made my night. Well done sir!

#68 jsg_nado

jsg_nado

I'm a bird motha f**ka I'm a bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

A bunch of guys at my old field stole gear out of player's bags while they were on the field. Solution: got sponsored by another, better field :)
GoGo 13 Proudly Sponsored by PaintballGateway, KM, AlmostFamous, APX, Thump Barrels and Camp Pendleton Paintball
Marq7 For Sale
01010000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 Not a programmer? Oh. Never mind.

#69 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

Theives are lamesauce. I don't leave my shit alone for 5 seconds, even though no one would benefit from stealing my guns and I know most of the people at my field.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#70 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:34 PM

Theives are lamesauce. I don't leave my shit alone for 5 seconds, even though no one would benefit from stealing my guns and I know most of the people at my field.

Me too. The only thing that i ever leave unattended is my cheap gearbag that has an a5, 48 3k, tools, and some batteries. I carry my full setup on me most of the time. I absolutely HATE HATE HATE people who ask for paint. there is this one kid at my field with an ego 11 and would ask every soul on his team if he could have a pod or sometimes even TWO pods of paint. two pods of paint is about 15 dollars. Asking someone for paint is not only annoying but rude because you are pretty much asking a person to give you money.

#71 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:10 AM

Crappy paint, dicks.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#72 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:15 AM

Actually last time I went to play. A group of regulars we have "x-men" came to the field and used head sets and ramping on walk ons. I myself even caught the brunt of their stupidity. I got overshot in the back of the head 7 times. All at once. I almost passed out. So for me it would be things of that sort. Teams that go all out and hurt people.

#73 Girl10000

Girl10000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Please guys , don't complain . Our field in "Canuck land" (vancouver Canada) it's 180 a case for hotbox!!!!!! That's the only field that is close so we don't have any choice :(.

#74 Girl10000

Girl10000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:04 AM

I'm not talking to you guys about stealing gear just people complaining about paint. Whole case stolen last time I was at the field .

#75 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

Please guys , don't complain . Our field in "Canuck land" (vancouver Canada) it's 180 a case for hotbox!!!!!! That's the only field that is close so we don't have any choice :(.

I'm not talking to you guys about stealing gear just people complaining about paint. Whole case stolen last time I was at the field .

that crazy.. it sound like to time to get someone that will changllene those prices
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#76 VictoriaPB

VictoriaPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

your lucky, a case of paint at my field is like $150.....

#77 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Almost same as what everyone else says, refs that are not really reffing and not keeping people among others of equal skill. I hate seeing walk-ons get mowed down by guys that are just simply out of their league.

#78 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

your lucky, a case of paint at my field is like $150.....

I'm not lucky, you're just worse off ;)

#79 VictoriaPB

VictoriaPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

ahah damn canadian fields and their FPO 150$ case of DXS rec paint...

#80 -Dublin-

-Dublin-

Sometimes I forget what I'm saying

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

Only a handful of people coming out to play :/

#81 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

i get evil for 45 from my field lol

#82 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:43 PM

i get evil for 45 from my field lol

lemme guess. SPONSORSHIP DISCOUNT. But wow thats pretty cool. I am hoping to get a similar discount at my sponsorship field that only sells rps paint.

#83 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Almost same as what everyone else says, refs that are not really reffing and not keeping people among others of equal skill. I hate seeing walk-ons get mowed down by guys that are just simply out of their league.

At my field it is always this D2 team with 20-30 year olds against me and some other 14-17 year olds. I don't understand why the refs are afraid to split up the more advanced teams. Whats even worse is that this team overshoots while bunkering so every game i walk out with at least 10 purple/black welts.

#84 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

At my field it is always this D2 team with 20-30 year olds against me and some other 14-17 year olds. I don't understand why the refs are afraid to split up the more advanced teams. Whats even worse is that this team overshoots while bunkering so every game i walk out with at least 10 purple/black welts.

Talk to the field manager. I don't understand teams that do this; when they steamroll walk ons it isn't even good practice.

#85 Dits

Dits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:28 PM

When you show up and theres only a 1 car there -_- (no players)

when a cocky idiot thinks hes the greatist player ever and just took 200 bucks and bought an ion

when refs are doutches

when someone is better then me when they are renting -_-

#86 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

when a cocky idiot thinks hes the greatist player ever and just took 200 bucks and bought an ion

That does the opposite of runing a field in my books. Watching people throw their precious gun in rage makes me shit the bed with laughter, then flip the matress and go for round two.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#87 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,575 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Don't hate Ion players bro. I'm probably one of the best players, save for when the D2 team comes out an plays, maybe a few D3 guys, out there on the field on a weekly basis.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#88 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Don't hate Ion players bro. I'm probably one of the best players, save for when the D2 team comes out an plays, maybe a few D3 guys, out there on the field on a weekly basis.

I think he meant someone that like just got their own gun.

#89 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:27 PM

The refs at our field will will split up the teams real well. Thank god.

SN

Edited by SNmustang95, 25 January 2013 - 08:28 PM.

SN

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users