12 replies to this topic

#1 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:10 PM

So... I played all day last Saturday with a pistol and loved every minute! I love the reduced weight and added maneuverability I can have with a pistol, not to mention the added challenge of limited capacity. Needless to say, I've been bitten by the pistol bug and am looking to upgrade from the Delta 68 I currently have to something mag-fed.

Anyways, I'm having a hard time deciding which to get. I like how the TPX mags are less expensive, but I'd almost prefer the gas-thru mags that you get with the T8, because I'd have to change 12-grams less often. Optimally, I'd be carrying 3-4 extra mags, and a few 10-round tubes to reload the mags if I used them all up.
I like how the TPX can change 12-grams relatively quickly, but I also don't enjoy having to change them mid-game. I'm really rather undecided and was wondering if anyone with pistol experience could give me some insight.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#2 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:29 PM

you could always get the TPX and hook it up to a remote with the adapter. im not sure your price range but its only like $20 more for the adapter.

#3 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

No remotes for me lol. I've had them before and they're more of a nuisance than a help, especially when I have to switch hands.

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#4 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

well in that case ide say the T8, simply because it sounds like itd be easier for your style if play. and for that matter probably easier anyway haha

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

Get the T8.1 not the T8

#6 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

T8.1 all day. Its First Strike ready, works better for your needs, and Milsig is working on a kit to convert it into a rifle so you can have a mag fed rifle and pistol all in one.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 15 January 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#7 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:01 PM

lol I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I will NEVER use first strike rounds, so that's why I'm considering the T8 as well. Besides FS capability, the 8.1 doesn't seem to have that many useful differences from the original.

#8 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:53 PM

Since I pretty much never plan on using first strike, I'm probably going to go with whichever is lighter and/or more efficient.

#9 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:55 PM

Goblin solo

/thread

#10 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Goblin solo

/thread

lol right. As much as I hate to say it, I'm not looking for a one-shot-wonder. :lol:

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:20 AM

Goblin duec. Sorry had too do it lol.

Personally own two pistols a T8.1 and a PGP 2k2 I picked up new way back lol.

The T8.1 is a great little pistol. Picked it over the Tipx because I not a fan of the Tippmanns clamshell plastic receiver. The t8.1 feels much more solid I like the air in mag setup and it has that one extra round per mag. Add in my love for the easy clean twist lock barrel setup fore when ya have a break and in my opinion the T8.1 is the way to go as a primary.

That being said I hate wearing a vest to carry mags so I giving my T8.1 to my sister for her CQB setup and I stick with my PGP or set up my Tippmann SL-68II for modifyed stock class. So much easier to carry 10rnd tubes than the mags.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

T8.1 fo sho. It's first strike compatible, and you can always buy like a tube or two if you really wanna, just for kicks. More solid feeling, and I believe a bit lighter than the Tipx. Only used it at LL5 and a few times at my field.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#13 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

I've never shot a T8 ,but i own a tipx. Not much good i can say about the tipx,if you leave the cartridge popped for more them 5 minutes it won't fire one the first couple trigger pulls. The mag windows don't work,and the mag release is in a really awkward position even for a guy with big hands. 12 grams burn up really quickly, and there's no way i'm drilling a hole in the gun to run a remote line, that ruins the point of a pistol. I wish i had the foresight to skip the tipx and get a T8
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users