• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#1 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a GoG eXTCy w/ Blackheart Board. So my total comes up to $579.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

Edited by ZeeCobb, 16 January 2013 - 12:30 PM.

Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#2 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:33 AM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a 2011 Proto Rail PMR Paintball Gun. So my total comes up to $571.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

Motocross is cheaper but your smart about not getting top of the line gun because its good to work up so then you will know exactly what you want and know a little more about how to maintain and fix guns. Paintball is gonna cost you more in the long run but its worth it the fun and adrenaline is amazing. you should probably get a ninja tank or a little more known brand since they hold value better and same with a hopper Buy a used dye rotor or something Welcome to the sport :)

#3 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

Thanks for some feedback, but I'm kind of looking for a more descriptive answer of how Paintball is going to be more expensive than Motocross.
Posted Image

#4 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

Thanks for some feedback, but I'm kind of looking for a more descriptive answer of how Paintball is going to be more expensive than Motocross.

Paint is going to cost you loads Most of the time 60 bucks a weekend for 1 case depends how much you shoot and to get in its like 20-40 most of the time and you're going to be upgrading all the time breaking gear buying new gear, it's an expensive sport.. I'm 15 and have been playing for 5 years.. I probably spent about 10 grand on paintball

#5 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

As far as i can see it should cost about the same. Depending on how far away you live from a field, how much/ many paintballs you buy, and then there's the entry fee.

Take me for example. I live about 40 miles from the nearest field, so that's $20 in gas. Once i get there there's a $15 entry fee, then paint costs $60 for.a case of 2000. So in one outing of paintball it's going to cost me about $95.
But of course different fields have different prices, so there isn't an end all number.

Hope this helps :tup:/>

Edited by Symptomz, 16 January 2013 - 01:56 AM.

#6 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:00 AM

It'll probably be cheaper. It costs me $50 for a case of paint and entry at my local field. I usually only use half a case though each day. As for deciding what gun to start with I'd say a lower/midrange gun would be good. Just so you can get used to maintaining it before purchasing a really nice one. Although there are plenty of used old high end guns out there. Shockers, Intimdators, older DMs, Clones, Egos, etc. for the same price and a new low end or mid end. I personally shoot a shocker and wouldnt take any new mid end gun over it. It only cost me $165 too, a lot cheaper than an Axe or Drone DX. Although if you want to go the new route a GOG extcy is a great choice, I loved my old vibe. The vibe and extcy function the same, and they shoot really well for a low end markers.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#7 Symptomz

Symptomz

Party.

• Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,041 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:01 AM

Paint is going to cost you loads Most of the time 60 bucks a weekend for 1 case depends how much you shoot and to get in its like 20-40 most of the time and you're going to be upgrading all the time breaking gear buying new gear, it's an expensive sport.. I'm 15 and have been playing for 5 years.. I probably spent about 10 grand on paintball

by right the first time and you don't have to upgrade anything. Take care of your stuff and it shouldn't break.

#8 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

by right the first time and you don't have to upgrade anything. Take care of your stuff and it shouldn't break.

He is right. My bad but accidents happen, I haven't broken any of my guns I keep them clean and keep them lubed up

#9 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Alright! I just needed some perspective from a player. It looks like Santa Clara Paintball is $15.00 admission, and unlimited air. Then probably about $5 for gas to get there and $60 for paint. So about $80, seems pretty fair! Thanks for the insight :)
Posted Image

#10 Nokified

Nokified

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:47 AM

I would say it cost less than motocross. Depending on how much you play and the gears you use. I'd probably go for a used high end or mid end gun. Take care of your gears. Play smart and don't waste paint because they cost money. Also get protective pads.

#11 bubo

bubo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

If you've never played before it might be a good idea to go to a field and rent for the first time just to get a feel for it. Granted when you have your own gear it gets alot better, but you never know. If you find you don't like it the chances of you being able to recoup most of what you spent is unlikely simply because once something is out of the box its value plummets like a car once you drive it off the lot.

if you do get your own gear consider some of the small things to. Such as a pack with pods, (Ansgear has some for like 20 or 25 that come with them) some sort of squeegee, and pick up some micro fiber towels if you don't have some already lying around to clean your mask lens. and just for the sake of saying it DON'T use windex or anything like that on the lens, we don't want you to lose an eye.

Edited by bubo, 16 January 2013 - 03:26 PM.

#12 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'd say if you're very serious about paintball, go ahead and get a nice gun. Maybe not a DM13 but a used axe or something on our BST. I'd also suggest looking at a used Dye Rotor on the BST aswell. That is if you play speedball opposed to woods.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#13 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

If you've never played before it might be a good idea to go to a field and rent for the first time just to get a feel for it. Granted when you have your own gear it gets alot better, but you never know. If you find you don't like it the chances of you being able to recoup most of what you spent is unlikely simply because once something is out of the box its value plummets like a car once you drive it off the lot.

if you do get your own gear consider some of the small things to. Such as a pack with pods, (Ansgear has some for like 20 or 25 that come with them) some sort of squeegee, and pick up some micro fiber towels if you don't have some already lying around to clean your mask lens. and just for the sake of saying it DON'T use windex or anything like that on the lens, we don't want you to lose an eye.

I played about 3 years ago and rented a gun and after one day of playing I just wanted to play more and more, but I unfortunately could not because of Motocross.
Thanks for the feedback!

I'd say if you're very serious about paintball, go ahead and get a nice gun. Maybe not a DM13 but a used axe or something on our BST. I'd also suggest looking at a used Dye Rotor on the BST aswell. That is if you play speedball opposed to woods.

I was thinking about doing that, but how trusted is the BST? Do people scam on there a lot?
Posted Image

#14 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Very few scams happen here on this particular B/S/T, only one that I have heard of.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#15 bubo

bubo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

and if the other person is players club you should be fine. They have their info. Where's Orange when you need him to explain lol.

#16 bubo

bubo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

the other option is craigslist, or you can look on PBN for local deals under the states forum. I don't see one in the state forums here.

#17 bubo

bubo

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:01 PM

the other option is craigslist, or you can look on PBN for local deals under the states forum. I don't see one in the state forums here.

#18 Dakent

Dakent

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've bought from the BST. I personally don't like to trade with anyone less than 1k post with and has no rep.

Posted Image
Luxe 2.0 Dye 68/45 Rotor i4 Feedback 4/0/0

Gearbag Sale

#19 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

I saw Orange's post where some guy named crazy4paint or something didn't return his gun and kept the other guys gun, so they went to his house. Lol! So I can see some people may be scared shitless now to not scam? But I also took strong orders from Mike to never go to PBN ;)

Edited by ZeeCobb, 16 January 2013 - 04:10 PM.

Posted Image

#20 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

The BST here is very trustworthy, just check feedback, discuss everything (minus addresses and paypal) in the thread. Pay with goods option and you're covered from 90 percent of scams.

As for equipment and cost, this should be cheaper in the long run as opposed to really anything motorsports related.

I would say buy a Ninja tank, a used superloader of your choice, and the rest of your setup is good.

#21 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'll probably end up buying those then! Now I'm debating between buying a used Axe or a new Extcy
Posted Image

#22 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

A used Axe will outperform an eXTCy in pretty much every imaginable category, I would suggest trying to find a proshop, and attempting to hold an Axe, because they're not always the most comfortable gun to hold.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#23 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

ZeeCobb,

Let me welcome you to TechPB and to the thrill and fun of paintball. I would say the cost overall between motocross and paintball will differ by a small margin overall. You can however be able to play on a budget slightly better with paintball. Since the material (paintballs and entry) will overall be similar. Why I say that I have seen people that enter into the sport and start off limited with one case. Seeing as you have a support system and seem to have a slight competitive edge. I could see you looking to get into speedball and maybe even some tourneys within a year or two.

In regards to your gear. The Axe is a great choice, has the ability to play against the higher end makers, just without any frills and additional costs. SO for markers I would look at that or a slightly used high end. I would say still to get the new marker with warranty it will help protect your investment. I do agree with the user that recommended using the Ninja tank, highly recommend them. Great product and even better support. Hoppers comes down to personal preference. You can go with the Pinokio (my personal fav and one I use, so I am biased) or you can look at the Prophecy V2, Spire or Rotor as other options. They can run you from about 100 to 200 depending on which you select. I do not feel liek one has a superior edge over another so price has no affect on the quality of the product.

But I would suggest getting yourself a high quality mask. This I would suggest going to shop and trying them on and seeing which fit and feel you like the best. This is something you will spend alot of time in and be very close to you at all times. My preferences are (E-Flex, Proto Pro Axis, if you can fit in them i4) These will run you right at the 100 range. Grillz are nice but the lenses tend to scratch easy and can be hard to find replacements anywhere for them. Now do not get me wrong you can find them but not as easily and frequently as you could some of the other mentioned current masks.

Before pants and jerseys I would suggest protective gear like knee and elbow pads. Then all you need is time and money to go and play to your hearts and wallets content.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the continued support.

#24 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

Thank you very much for your help! Looking very forward to being apart of this community :)
Posted Image

#25 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I saw Orange's post where some guy named crazy4paint or something didn't return his gun and kept the other guys gun, so they went to his house. Lol! So I can see some people may be scared shitless now to not scam? But I also took strong orders from Mike to never go to PBN ;)

There's absolutely nothing wrong with PBN.I used to think the same as you until I actually went on there, it's a nice community with tons of helpful people.

Edited by dannyboy768, 16 January 2013 - 06:32 PM.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#26 sirjono

sirjono

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

Looks like everyone here has got you sorted, just wanted to throw my .02 in.

I think it's great advice to buy stuff like a MASK new, and buy high end right away. Don't cheap out on that.

Also, there is incredible value in buying used. I had a used Axe for months and loved it. So if you're thinking of going for that I'd agree. I only got rid of it because I happened to get a VX'd clone for about the same price as a used axe. Also love my Macdev, so if you want something different, you could look at the Drone DX. Mike has a great video on it, and his main gripe is about the PSP ramping mode, which I believe they just fixed (you will have to reflash the board). New they are only $430 and can compete with the Axe.

You seem like a bright person so just use common sense when on the BST to avoid getting scammed. Cheers.

#27 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:57 PM

Looks like everyone here has got you sorted, just wanted to throw my .02 in.

I think it's great advice to buy stuff like a MASK new, and buy high end right away. Don't cheap out on that.

Also, there is incredible value in buying used. I had a used Axe for months and loved it. So if you're thinking of going for that I'd agree. I only got rid of it because I happened to get a VX'd clone for about the same price as a used axe. Also love my Macdev, so if you want something different, you could look at the Drone DX. Mike has a great video on it, and his main gripe is about the PSP ramping mode, which I believe they just fixed (you will have to reflash the board). New they are only $430 and can compete with the Axe.

You seem like a bright person so just use common sense when on the BST to avoid getting scammed. Cheers.

Always appreciate the 2 cents. Thanks!
Posted Image

#28 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

I'm curious for pics to see how you get yourself setup. Also plainly, whats your plan for gear?

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#29 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

I'm curious for pics to see how you get yourself setup. Also plainly, whats your plan for gear?

Well once my bike sells I will be immediately investing into paintball and make a separate thread with pictures of my setup :) And what do you mean as far as gear?

Edited by ZeeCobb, 16 January 2013 - 07:33 PM.

Posted Image

#30 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well once my bike sells I will be immediately investing into paintball and make a separate thread with pictures of my setup :) And what do you mean as far as gear?

Probably pads, pants, ect.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#31 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:46 PM

Alright! I just needed some perspective from a player. It looks like Santa Clara Paintball is $15.00 admission, and unlimited air. Then probably about $5 for gas to get there and $60 for paint. So about $80, seems pretty fair! Thanks for the insight :)

If you're close enough to go to SCP then you can probably make it out to USPN. I used to ref at USPN, and the pricing is much cheaper than SCP's. I assume you also did motorcross at SCP?

USPN: uspn.biz

Edited by OBF, 16 January 2013 - 07:47 PM.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#32 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

I'm definitely going to invest in pants, elbow pads, and knee pads, then maybe wear a sweatshirt or long sleeve shirt. I'll wait to buy a jersey till I'm on a team ;)

And yes I'm 10 miles from SCP, and I rode all over California, as well as 408 MX which is next to SCP :) But I'm not too familiar with USPN, I'll have to do some research on that field.

Edited by ZeeCobb, 16 January 2013 - 07:54 PM.

Posted Image

#33 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:37 PM

u can use your motocross pants and jersy for pb works great.. just go to the field and have fun.. and make contacts and friends there.
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#34 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

If you're close enough to go to SCP then you can probably make it out to USPN. I used to ref at USPN, and the pricing is much cheaper than SCP's. I assume you also did motorcross at SCP?

USPN: uspn.biz

It looks like USPN is only about $10 cheaper, plus it's quite a long drive. It looks like SCP is my best bet.
Posted Image

#35 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Using your motocross pants is actually a pretty good idea, considering that the whole idea of paintball pants came from motocross equipment. I believe that's what JT made before getting into paintball.

#36 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:52 PM

u can use your motocross pants and jersy for pb works great.. just go to the field and have fun.. and make contacts and friends there.

Maybe the jersey, but probably not the pants. MX pants would definitely be irritating lol. Thanks for the idea!
Posted Image

#37 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

Might get some funny stares from some seasoned players, but other than that, I don't see why you couldn't use MX pants.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#38 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:59 PM

Might get some funny stares from some seasoned players, but other than that, I don't see why you couldn't use MX pants.

MX pants are just not made to run in, lol. There is a mesh lining, and bulky logo's on the sides. It would just be really irritating.
Posted Image

#39 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

MX pants are just not made to run in, lol. There is a mesh lining, and bulky logo's on the sides. It would just be really irritating.

Depending on what you can sell the MX pants for, you maybe able to get yourself a nice pair of paintball pants.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#40 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:27 PM

I could probably sell them for about $80 and another set of gear i have for about $80. how much is a good pair of paintball pants?
Posted Image

#41 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 09:36 PM

Depends on which year of pants you buy, for example, I bought some 2011 Empire Contact ZE pants for about $80. When buying pants, Empire, Dye, make very good pants, and you really get what you pay for. I have also heard good things about the DXS Shank V2 pants. I also really have not heard of a company putting out a pair of pats that are crap in the past year or two.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#42 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

Depends on which year of pants you buy, for example, I bought some 2011 Empire Contact ZE pants for about $80. When buying pants, Empire, Dye, make very good pants, and you really get what you pay for. I have also heard good things about the DXS Shank V2 pants. I also really have not heard of a company putting out a pair of pats that are crap in the past year or two.

Alright! And as far as jerseys go what's a good route for that, I really got to thinking about it and I would rather keep my MX jersey rather than put wear on it playing paintball. And shoes, should I invest in cleats?
Posted Image

#43 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

First off, welcome to techpb Zee Cobb!!

Secondly it doesn't matter if you play woodsball or speedball I would reccomend using an electronic hopper. Just because there is typically a slower pace to woodsball doesn't mean that an electronic hopper is any less useful. in fact some people play pump in Speedball.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#44 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:20 PM

Thank you! I appreciate the insight :)
Posted Image

#45 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

Thank you! I appreciate the insight :)

No problem, we're all here to help :)

.I never know what to put in these things.

#46 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,824 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

I did the same thing as you at one point, but that was when JT still handled MotoX. :lol:

#47 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:28 PM

Alright! And as far as jerseys go what's a good route for that, I really got to thinking about it and I would rather keep my MX jersey rather than put wear on it playing paintball. And shoes, should I invest in cleats?

Cleats can be very helpful for things like speedball, but if you are going to be in the woods, I would wear some sort of high top boot, or something with ankle support, or you cold get cleats with ankle support. As fora jersey, they are completely unnecessary I just use a long sleeve T-shirt, because jerseys can be expensive, and will rip over time.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#48 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

I did the same thing as you at one point, but that was when JT still handled MotoX. :lol:

Actually JT is taking over motocross again with a new line of gear. Fun fact: They now have a team that Mike Alessi and Jake Canada ride on! :D

Cleats can be very helpful for things like speedball, but if you are going to be in the woods, I would wear some sort of high top boot, or something with ankle support, or you cold get cleats with ankle support. As fora jersey, they are completely unnecessary I just use a long sleeve T-shirt, because jerseys can be expensive, and will rip over time.

Yeah I will mostly be playing speedball, and I was looking at cleats specifically designed for paintball and it looks like HK army makes some. Any other cleats that are better?
Posted Image

#49 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,105 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Actually JT is taking over motocross again with a new line of gear. Fun fact: They now have a team that Mike Alessi and Jake Canada ride on! :D

Yeah I will mostly be playing speedball, and I was looking at cleats specifically designed for paintball and it looks like HK army makes some. Any other cleats that are better?

Paintball cleats are just a gimmick really. Nike Landsharks are VERY popular (5+ people at my field all wear and love them, including me) and will set you back <$40. The Exalt cleats do have different spikes you can swap out like golf cleats though which is kinda cool if you've got money burning a whole in your pocket.

+1 for Empire pants too, and Planet Eclipse Dye both make great pads, don't have any experience with Empire

Don't buy HK cleats they aren't very durable, gove them a year or two to get the quality up

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 16 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#50 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:40 PM

Soccer, lacrosse, and football wide receiver cleats, as well Nike Landsharks work, and could probably be bought cheaper than HK cleats.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users