• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

#51 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:47 PM

Alright! Yeah those HK Cleats look a little overpriced for how the cleat looks.
Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#52 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

Alright! Yeah those HK Cleats look a little overpriced for how the cleat looks.

They're not bad cleats, but the price comes feom paying for the HK logos on the side. Any of the above mentioned cleats (landsharks, etc.) will work just fine.

#53 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:08 AM

Quick question about a gun. My friend told me he has a evil minion pm7 with red virtue eyes that he would sell me for $200. He says it's in perfect condition, I'm not too familiar with this gun. Anybody know anything about it?
Posted Image

#54 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:19 AM

Quick question about a gun. My friend told me he has a evil minion pm7 with red virtue eyes that he would sell me for $200. He says it's in perfect condition, I'm not too familiar with this gun. Anybody know anything about it?

I would come into the chat sometime and ask SOUP. He's owned an Evil Minion pm7 and a few others I think.

.I never know what to put in these things.

#55 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

Depends if it is a PM7, or a PMR7, and the laser eyes really don't add value.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#56 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

I'm pretty sure It's a PM7 I'll find out forsure. He's comparing it to an axe and mini saying It's better. I'm not sure though
Posted Image

#57 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'm pretty sure It's a PM7 I'll find out forsure. He's comparing it to an axe and mini saying It's better. I'm not sure though

Well, if it is in fact a PM7, and not a PMR7, it is pretty much a DM7. I think it would be a decent price, as long as everything is in working order.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 18 January 2013 - 04:35 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#58 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

I bought a season pass to two fields for 125, so no more admission, n paint is now $40 a case. Yay

#59 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

Paintball will be cheaper for a day of play it looks like and since you have been into sports your whole life you will enjoy the adrenaline rush. Definitely a great hobby. I would say that, while you do not need to spend $1.5k on a marker, do not be afraid to go around the $500 range. If you are willing to put up the cash then you will probably just be saving money in the long run since you seem to be doing a lot of research and that is great. Just remember the higher end markers do take a little more TLC (usually). Whatever you get do the research, take good care of it, and remember that paintball is more about having fun than being over-the-top competitive.

#60 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:02 PM

The axe is better than a PM7 in my opinion. The pm7s are nice little guns if you get them at the right price. The PMRs arent really that great, especially the older ones. A pic would be great.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#61 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Thanks for some feedback, but I'm kind of looking for a more descriptive answer of how Paintball is going to be more expensive than Motocross.

Paint is going to cost you loads Most of the time 60 bucks a weekend for 1 case depends how much you shoot and to get in its like 20-40 most of the time and you're going to be upgrading all the time breaking gear buying new gear, it's an expensive sport.. I'm 15 and have been playing for 5 years.. I probably spent about 10 grand on paintball

no
no
no
if you take care of your gear it will last you a long time, if you throw your shit around and leave old paint in it it's never going to last. If you've spend 10k on paintball in 5 years you're doing something wrong. thats 2k per year. I haven't even spent 1.5k in three years.

as to the op if you have money I'd recommend going for a mid-range gun instead of a beginner gun. It will save you money because you won't have to upgrade as soon.

Edited by junits15, 20 January 2013 - 12:59 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#62 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Thanks for some feedback, but I'm kind of looking for a more descriptive answer of how Paintball is going to be more expensive than Motocross.

Paint is going to cost you loads Most of the time 60 bucks a weekend for 1 case depends how much you shoot and to get in its like 20-40 most of the time and you're going to be upgrading all the time breaking gear buying new gear, it's an expensive sport.. I'm 15 and have been playing for 5 years.. I probably spent about 10 grand on paintball

no
no
no
if you take care of your gear it will last you a long time, if you throw your shit around and leave old paint in it it's never going to last. If you've spend 10k on paintball in 5 years you're doing something wrong. thats 2k per year. I haven't even spent 1.5k in three years.

as to the op if you have money I'd recommend going for a mid-range gun instead of a beginner gun. It will save you money because you won't have to upgrade as soon.

When you buy a 1,500 dollar gun it isn't very hard to spend 2k a year......... Playing paintball almost every weekend in hawaii is expensive as hell about 100 every day you play. Don't tell me I'm doing something wrong bro what do you shoot a spyder? Ion? With what kind of loader? viewloader from walmart? Come on man don't try and talk shit to somebody when you are shooting a spyder or a blitz or something And how often do you play? once every three months?

#63 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

no
no
no

When you buy a 1,500 dollar gun it isn't very hard to spend 2k a year......... Playing paintball almost every weekend in hawaii is expensive as hell about 100 every day you play. Don't tell me I'm doing something wrong bro what do you shoot a spyder? Ion? With what kind of loader? viewloader from walmart? Come on man don't try and talk shit to somebody when you are shooting a spyder or a blitz or something And how often do you play? once every three months?

Don't start crap over my thread please, all he is saying is that it should not be costing you over 10 thousand dollars every 5 years to play and giving examples for what you can do to make your stuff last longer. He made a very good point no need to get all defensive.

Edited by ZeeCobb, 20 January 2013 - 09:35 PM.

Posted Image

#64 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:42 PM

Whoa, slow down. For most people, paintball doesn't cost that much, and most people cannot afford that. I've been playing since 2005 and I don't think I've spent 10k, but to each his own. Don't go insulting people when you yourself know nothing of the person you're insulting.

He made a very good point that it is very easy to play paintball regularly without spending thousands of dollars, i.e. playing pump or treating your stuff very nicely and taking care of it and keeping the same gun for years and years.

And to keep the thread on track, depending on your play style, paintball can be dirt cheap or more expensive than MX, but it all depends on how you play.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 20 January 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#65 Girl10000

Girl10000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

From experience, i would recommend used high end gun ego 10/11 Geo 2.1 because i can almost guarantee you will want to upgrade almost every month, like most. Second ninja 68/45 or 50/45 if you are a smaller player. Next, i wouldn't recommend a Pinokio out of personal experience, because of the profile. Either way the only downside is the profile imo. Either a z2 or spire. Maybe rotor but there not as consistent as z2/spire imo. If you can, try on masks, for sizing. You cant really go wrong with Grillz though. Look into buying some cleats from your closest Sports mart. I would also look into arm pads, knee pads, and some dye pants. If you don't buy it all at once the order would go: mask, tank , loader, gun, padding.

Edited by Girl10000, 20 January 2013 - 10:36 PM.

#66 Woodsninja

Woodsninja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:41 PM

I thought paintball was expensive until I spent 10 years riding dirt bikes and racing a few hair scrambles. Rebuilding the top end of a four stroke isn't cheap. That said you'll be spending no where near what you would to ride competitive motocross or even if you're riding 2-3 times a month for fun unless you get into travelling and playing tourneys on a regular basis. One thing that is consistent between both.... your marker is just like your bike... you'll never get all the money you put in it out of it.

#67 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:54 PM

From experience, i would recommend used high end gun ego 10/11 Geo 2.1 because i can almost guarantee you will want to upgrade almost every month, like most. Second ninja 68/45 or 50/45 if you are a smaller player. Next, i wouldn't recommend a Pinokio out of personal experience, because of the profile. Either way the only downside is the profile imo. Either a z2 or spire. Maybe rotor but there not as consistent as z2/spire imo. If you can, try on masks, for sizing. You cant really go wrong with Grillz though. Look into buying some cleats from your closest Sports mart. I would also look into arm pads, knee pads, and some dye pants. If you don't buy it all at once the order would go: mask, tank , loader, gun, padding.

alright, thanks for the feedback!

I thought paintball was expensive until I spent 10 years riding dirt bikes and racing a few hair scrambles. Rebuilding the top end of a four stroke isn't cheap. That said you'll be spending no where near what you would to ride competitive motocross or even if you're riding 2-3 times a month for fun unless you get into travelling and playing tourneys on a regular basis. One thing that is consistent between both.... your marker is just like your bike... you'll never get all the money you put in it out of it.

Alright perfect, somebody that is answering from motocross experience! Yeah I completely agree, riding competitive Motocross is very pricey and I couldn't really see paintball being as much as Motocross. Now maybe competitive paintball can be just as expensive for entry fee's for your team, travelling and whatnot. But riding Motocross I would have to travel all over just to practice riding. Thanks for your insight!
Posted Image

#68 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when he says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 20 January 2013 - 11:03 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#69 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Alright perfect, somebody that is answering from motocross experience! Yeah I completely agree, riding competitive Motocross is very pricey and I couldn't really see paintball being as much as Motocross. Now maybe competitive paintball can be just as expensive for entry fee's for your team, travelling and whatnot. But riding Motocross I would have to travel all over just to practice riding. Thanks for your insight!

Yep, competative paintball can get very expensive very quickly, because you tend to have more things break and wear out, not to mention travel and such.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#70 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:04 PM

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when hes says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

Well said, I haven't started playing yet but this kid is giving me the impression that all this sport is about competing with whoever has the most expensive gear. Although everybody else on this thread has given me so much kind feeback and they're trying to help bring me into this sport.
Posted Image

#71 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when hes says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

Well said, I haven't started playing yet but this kid is giving me the impression that all this sport is about competing with whoever has the most expensive gear. Although everybody else on this thread has given me so much kind feeback and they're trying to help bring me into this sport.

Paintball has been in a slow downward since around 2k5, since the recession hit, and people such as the person I replied to aren't helping. As long as you are playing, having a good time, it doesn't matter what gear you have.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#72 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:11 PM

Paintball has been in a slow downward since around 2k5, since the recession hit, and people such as the person I replied to aren't helping. As long as you are playing, having a good time, it doesn't matter what gear you have.

You would think for a sport that has slowed down and not playing as much, you would try to be kind and as helpful as you can. It's a shame that such a fun sport doesn't have as much players as it deserves.
Posted Image

#73 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

You would think for a sport that has slowed down and not playing as much, you would try to be kind and as helpful as you can. It's a shame that such a fun sport doesn't have as much players as it deserves.

Indeed, but thread derailing aside, I think you have some very solid advice, now all that is left to do is make decisions, and play.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#74 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

Indeed, but thread derailing aside, I think you have some very solid advice, now all that is left to do is make decisions, and play.

I agree, and appreciate all the help I got from everybody. Just waiting for a few things to sell on Craigslist and then I'll be ready to start buying some gear!
Posted Image

#75 junits15

junits15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:29 PM

hush child

My PM7 and Spimmy

But lets get back to what's important here, helping someone get into paintball.

Edited by junits15, 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM.

Posted Image

#76 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:39 PM

hush child

My PM7 and Spimmy

But lets get back to what's important here, helping someone get into paintball.

Looks nice! Can't wait to get mine and start playing.
Posted Image

#77 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when he says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

I don't believe I am doing anything of that sort Is he going to go out and quit paintball because I said he uses a spyder? no i dont think so

#78 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:57 AM

I don't believe I am doing anything of that sort Is he going to go out and quit paintball because I said he uses a spyder? no i dont think so

You were going way out of line for somebody that just made a great. Even if he did have a Spyder, who cares? Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want. If you don't have anything positive to say, you don't need to be posting on this thread.
Posted Image

#79 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

But what if he did? You almost directly stated in your previous post " you are not as good as me because I have a better gun" The general "you don't have a $1000+ marker makes you suck" attitude is awful, and drives people away.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 21 January 2013 - 01:09 AM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#80 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

But what if he did? You almost directly stated in your previous post " you are not as good as me because I have a better gun" The general "you don't have a $1000+ marker makes you suck" attitude is awful, and drives people away.

If thats what you think then okay and if he did then he did? You would probably have to be kinda wack to quit a sport that you love because somebody asks you if you shoot a spyder... Nobody hinted that I was better than anybody because I work my ass of to buy myself nice shit except for you Thats not what I was thinking when I posted it. It's what you thought not me, not me all you.

You were going way out of line for somebody that just made a great. Even if he did have a Spyder, who cares? Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want. If you don't have anything positive to say, you don't need to be posting on this thread.

Im far from a rich spoiled kid bro I pay for all my own equipment Its all of you that are dragging this all out

#81 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:22 AM

And yo you people say that I am out of line for implying somebody shoots a spyder with out knowing anything about him? You just did it yourself

#82 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:24 AM

If thats what you think then okay and if he did then he did? You would probably have to be kinda wack to quit a sport that you love because somebody asks you if you shoot a spyder... Nobody hinted that I was better than anybody because I work my ass of to buy myself nice shit except for you Thats not what I was thinking when I posted it. It's what you thought not me, not me all you.

You're missing the point. The fact that you are bagging on somebody for having a Spyder and not having some expensive marker isn't necessary. Haven't you ever been told that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?
Posted Image

#83 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

And yo you people say that I am out of line for implying somebody shoots a spyder with out knowing anything about him? You just did it yourself

We did not, we don't know what kind of marker he has, or any kind of gear. We said "What if" you're the one bagging on him for having a Spyder and buying a viewloader from Walmart. I'm done with this conversation, what you said was not necessary, end of story.
Posted Image

#84 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

You're missing the point. The fact that you are bagging on somebody for having a Spyder and not having some expensive marker isn't necessary. Haven't you ever been told that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?

Okay if that is how you feel, enjoy the sport of paintball thank you for insulting me, have fun and live prosperous I apologize greatly for any "bagging" I have done

#85 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:31 AM

We did not, we don't know what kind of marker he has, or any kind of gear. We said "What if" you're the one bagging on him for having a Spyder and buying a viewloader from Walmart. I'm done with this conversation, what you said was not necessary, end of story.

"Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want." I'm pretty sure you know nothing about me yet have "bagged" on me but no "We did not,"

#86 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:37 AM

"Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want." I'm pretty sure you know nothing about me yet have "bagged" on me but no "We did not,"

You brought that all upon yourself by trying to discourage him. Nobody is going to feel bad for you when you're the one that started this.
Posted Image

#87 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:38 AM

You brought that all upon yourself by trying to discourage him. Nobody is going to feel bad for you when you're the one that started this.

Dude idgaf grow up and get over it

Edited by YoungGun808, 21 January 2013 - 01:38 AM.

#88 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Telling me to grow up? Oh the irony.
Posted Image

#89 YoungGun808

YoungGun808

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

Telling me to grow up? Oh the irony.

:) this conversation is over

#90 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Good boy. :tup:

Edited by ZeeCobb, 21 January 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Posted Image

#91 junits15

junits15

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:16 AM

I honestly thought the argument was done yesterday night >.> boy was I wrong lol
But you should absolutely check out some used PM markers, you can get a pm7 like that one for $300 or a stock pm8 for the same price. They shoot really really nice for what you pay for them, it's the only gun I won't ever trade haha

Edited by junits15, 21 January 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Posted Image

#92 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

Wow, I thought this was resolved. I always miss out on the fun stuff. :(

But yeah, don't worry about him. As with all communities, whether it be paintball or MX, there's always one ass-napkin, not naming names, that ruins it for everyone else. Paintball can cost however much you want, depending on how you intend to play.

Which leads into my next question, what kind of gear were you looking for and how much or how hard to you intend to play? Also what kind of budget are you working with? I'll try to help you get as much quality gear as possible within your budget.

#93 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

But yeah, don't worry about him. As with all communities, whether it be paintball or MX, there's always one ass-napkin, not naming names, that ruins it for everyone else. Paintball can cost however much you want, depending on how you intend to play.

Which leads into my next question, what kind of gear were you looking for and how much or how hard to you intend to play? Also what kind of budget are you working with? I'll try to help you get as much quality gear as possible within your budget.

I'm pretty sure he was going to get a PM7, and all the fun stuff like Ninja tanks, and EFlexes

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#94 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm pretty sure he was going to get a PM7, and all the fun stuff like Ninja tanks, and EFlexes

Those are great choices, they are good enough to go and try out speedball, woods, tournaments, scenarios, and find out what part of paintball suits you most. Then you can upgrade accordingly, or keep the same setup to save money.

#95 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:56 AM

They're mad because you did try to belittle people using spyders and guns of equal or lesser value. And as far as "10grand in 5 years" I find it hard to believe because if you are spending $100 every time you play then you are spending at lest $5.2k a year, assuming your highness balls every weekend. So you really have spent about $27,000 in 5 years. If that is the case, what is your job because I want it and how did you get that job at 10 years old when Federal Law states that no one under 14 is allowed to work, your state law may be even higher that that.

Back to the Thread
My main tip will be to make sure you buy what you like. You are willing to put money into the sport so tryout everything before you end up buying. For paintball you do, somewhat, get what you pay for so buying higher end is not always a bad choice. I love valken pants, just my personal taste though. Lots of great hoppers out there. Personal favs are Invert Too and Rotor.

Edited by PandasEverywhere, 21 January 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#96 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm planning on getting a used PM7 which is somewhat upgraded. And I'll mostly be playing speedball probably not any woodsball. But I'll definitely make sure I get what I pay for, and that's where all of you are helping me with. I appreciate all the help :)
Posted Image

#97 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

If your main style of play will be speedball then definitely look into a good pair of slider shorts, knee pads and elbow pads. Empire tends to make some of the best protective clothing in the game right now but you do pay a premium. Also pick up a hopper with a low profile like a rotor, z2, or a virtue spire.

Edited by PandasEverywhere, 22 January 2013 - 09:50 PM.

#98 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a GoG eXTCy w/ Blackheart Board. So my total comes up to $579.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

I'd switch out the cheap GAS tank and get a ninja 68/4500 they have hands down the best regulator for High Pressured Air tanks. Ninja is considered to be top dog in the HPA market along with guerrilla air.

Lulzjustacat.png

#99 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:00 PM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a GoG eXTCy w/ Blackheart Board. So my total comes up to $579.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

I'd switch out the cheap GAS tank and get a ninja 68/4500 they have hands down the best regulator for High Pressured Air tanks. Ninja is considered to be top dog in the HPA market along with guerrilla air.

Okay cool, thanks for the feedback!
Posted Image

#100 Max00686

Max00686

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

I'm sure you could also get a season pass or some other discount you can buy that will save hundreds if you go alot

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users