148 replies to this topic

#101 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:25 AM

Alright! I just needed some perspective from a player. It looks like Santa Clara Paintball is $15.00 admission, and unlimited air. Then probably about $5 for gas to get there and $60 for paint. So about $80, seems pretty fair! Thanks for the insight :)

First off, welcome to TechPB! Don't worry about the mess earlier in the tread, people are very.... opinionated here
Another Bay Area Paintballer is born! SCP, Los gatos pursuit and TAG in Hollister are my main fields. The admission and air is $25, and the basic paint costs around $50 a case, so after tax you are looking at around 75-80 dollars a weekend, not including gas and guns and such. What is economical for many people is to buy their club card(not a membership, those are a bit of a rip off imo) if you will be going a lot, they give you about $10 off admission/air (so free air essentially), and $5 off your paint purchases every time you go. I believe to pay for the club card its 25$ and it doesn't really expire. They keep your waiver on file too, which is useful for under 18s such as myself.
Overall, I wouldn't say paintball is more expensive than Motocross. the maintenance costs of a paintball marker are a fraction of the cost of maintaining a dirt bike (tires, front end, anything breaking, etc)
After an initial investment of about i would say $750-$800, you should have a decent setup that will last you a long time. I say 750 because paintball requires some soft goods, and just well being items, as well. Pod pack, pods, squeegees, lube, knee pads, elbow pads, (for sliding and diving, not the actual paintballs),bandanas for looking badass, and pants will all be things to think about.
I would highly recommend a used gun, but please research what the attributes of the gun you are buying is. I'm assuming since you are transitioning from dirt bikes, you are at least somewhat mechanically inclined. Research what goes into making the marker tick, and pick one that has the best attributes for you. Since Santa Clara, for the most part, is a Semi only field, a decent trigger will be a priority. Look for that in your search for a gun. Factors like loudness, smoothness, efficiency, and ergonomics are preferences that you develop as your playing style does.
So the cost of you playing paintball can be modeled as
Cost= $750 + $80x+ (gas costs)x
where x is the amount of times you go, assuming you buy one case every time . If you start playing tournaments, it gets really expensive really fast. Paint use/price goes up, you need id cards entry fees etc.
Feel free to hit me up the next time you go to SCP, always down to play with another techpber

Edited by asthmaticrhino, 29 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#102 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Alright! I just needed some perspective from a player. It looks like Santa Clara Paintball is $15.00 admission, and unlimited air. Then probably about $5 for gas to get there and $60 for paint. So about $80, seems pretty fair! Thanks for the insight :)

First off, welcome to TechPB! Don't worry about the mess earlier in the tread, people are very.... opinionated here
Another Bay Area Paintballer is born! SCP, Los gatos pursuit and TAG in Hollister are my main fields. The admission and air is $25, and the basic paint costs around $50 a case, so after tax you are looking at around 75-80 dollars a weekend, not including gas and guns and such. What is economical for many people is to buy their club card(not a membership, those are a bit of a rip off imo) if you will be going a lot, they give you about $10 off admission/air (so free air essentially), and $5 off your paint purchases every time you go. I believe to pay for the club card its 25$ and it doesn't really expire. They keep your waiver on file too, which is useful for under 18s such as myself.
Overall, I wouldn't say paintball is more expensive than Motocross. the maintenance costs of a paintball marker are a fraction of the cost of maintaining a dirt bike (tires, front end, anything breaking, etc)
After an initial investment of about i would say $750-$800, you should have a decent setup that will last you a long time. I say 750 because paintball requires some soft goods, and just well being items, as well. Pod pack, pods, squeegees, lube, knee pads, elbow pads, (for sliding and diving, not the actual paintballs),bandanas for looking badass, and pants will all be things to think about.
I would highly recommend a used gun, but please research what the attributes of the gun you are buying is. I'm assuming since you are transitioning from dirt bikes, you are at least somewhat mechanically inclined. Research what goes into making the marker tick, and pick one that has the best attributes for you. Since Santa Clara, for the most part, is a Semi only field, a decent trigger will be a priority. Look for that in your search for a gun. Factors like loudness, smoothness, efficiency, and ergonomics are preferences that you develop as your playing style does.
where x is the amount of times you go, assuming you buy one case every time . If you start playing tournaments, it gets really expensive really fast. Paint use/price goes up, you need id cards entry fees etc.
Feel free to hit me up the next time you go to SCP, always down to play with another techpber

Really great feedback, thanks! I'm very excited to start playing, I actually just moved up here in the bay area and I don't have any friends so it will be nice to go to the fields and have somebody to play with. I've gotten a lot of great advice on this thread and plan on making all of my purchases within a month or so. Not too sure what kind of gun I'll buy but I've been looking at 2011 Ego's, Geo's, and DM12's. I'll be posting all of my progress on this thread as I buy gear, and start playing paintball. :)

Edited by ZeeCobb, 29 January 2013 - 03:19 PM.

Posted Image

Team Captain of the San Jose Falcons

#103 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

there is no mess at all. these are valid things we're talking about.

Lulzjustacat.png

#104 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

there is no mess at all. these are valid things we're talking about.

I think he's referring towards the argument earlier in the thread.
Posted Image

#105 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:30 PM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a 2011 Proto Rail PMR Paintball Gun. So my total comes up to $571.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

Motocross is cheaper but your smart about not getting top of the line gun because its good to work up so then you will know exactly what you want and know a little more about how to maintain and fix guns. Paintball is gonna cost you more in the long run but its worth it the fun and adrenaline is amazing. you should probably get a ninja tank or a little more known brand since they hold value better and same with a hopper Buy a used dye rotor or something Welcome to the sport :)

The Pinokio is a fantastic hopper. I would take it over a rotor or z2.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#106 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hey! I'm an 18 year old Motocross racer and due to me selling my dirtbike I'm going to have to quit racing, so that means I'm going to have to inherit into a new sport and take on new challenges, and the first thing that popped into my head was Paintball. I've been watching a bunch of the paintballtechpb videos on Youtube to somewhat educate myself, and I have played Paintball at my local field before a couple times with rental guns and had so much fun! But I have never owned my own gun or equipment.

But my real question is, what is the price of Paintball and how much a days worth of playing is compared to Motocross. For Motocross I got my bike for $2,000 and probably over $1,000 for gear (Helmet, neckbrace, boots, etc.) Now for Paintball I was thinking about jumping straight for the best gun like a DM13 or something, but I think it is a lot smarter to get a budget gun and work my way up to a more expensive gun once I get the feel for things. My cart on ansgear is filled with a Pinokio PL230/400 Paintball Hopper, V-Force Grill Paintball Mask, 68/4500 GAS Paintball Compressed Air Tank, and a 2011 Proto Rail PMR Paintball Gun. So my total comes up to $571.80. Not bad compared to spending over $3,000 to get into Motocross.

But how much is a day of Paintball? So I get my gear and I'm ready to go to the field, now how many paintballs will I need to buy for a day, how much is air, and how much for an entry fee? For Motocross a full day of riding costed me about $40 in gas for my truck to get to the track and back, then $20 for gas and premix for my bike, then $25 for track entry fee. also about every 5 months I would have to repair my top end for $100, then new tires every 5 months for $200. So as you can see Motocross was expensive but my parents supported me for the most part because that was my main sport. I'm going to probably end up selling all of my stuff from Motocross and come up with maybe $2,000, then use some of that money to get into Paintball. If I can get some feedback to kind of let me know if my cart on Ansgear is good, and how much a day of Paintball is. I'm looking very forward to being apart of the Paintball community :)/> Thanks!

Motocross is cheaper but your smart about not getting top of the line gun because its good to work up so then you will know exactly what you want and know a little more about how to maintain and fix guns. Paintball is gonna cost you more in the long run but its worth it the fun and adrenaline is amazing. you should probably get a ninja tank or a little more known brand since they hold value better and same with a hopper Buy a used dye rotor or something Welcome to the sport :)

The Pinokio is a fantastic hopper. I would take it over a rotor or z2.

+1 i agree if its new vs new the nokio just has the better price for a good amount of bang. now if it was new vs used i'd argue that the z2 would be the best hopper used.

Lulzjustacat.png

#107 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

Another question I have for this thread.

I'm looking for a gun to buy and I'm willing to spend $1,000 for one, but I just want to make sure I get the best $1,000 gun I can buy.

I was looking at the EGO 11's on Ansgear that are now $994. Any other suggestions?
Posted Image

#108 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

I would suggest the Bob Long G6R over the Ego. It shoots better and is more efficient. The only downside to the G6R is that it requires a good bit of upkeep compared to the ego. But the EGO11 will always work no matter what and is definitely a solid gun.

For 1000 dollars, the 2012 G6R is the best shooting gun you can get IMO.

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 02 February 2013 - 02:32 PM.

#109 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Double post, but from what I can tell most high end guns are broken down like this:

There are three qualities; Efficiency, Shot Quality, and Durability, and with high end guns you get to pick two.

The EGO11 has durability and efficiency, but sacrifices shot quality.

The G6R has shot quality and efficiency, but sacrifices durability, meaning you have to work a little harder to keep it going.

#110 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

Double post, but from what I can tell most high end guns are broken down like this:

There are three qualities; Efficiency, Shot Quality, and Durability, and with high end guns you get to pick two.

The G6R has shot quality and efficiency, but sacrifices durability, meaning you have to work a little harder to keep it going.

Well maintaining a gun is not really a problem for me, I almost find doing maintenance somewhat fun because it keeps me busy. But I just don't want to get a gun that is going to fall apart on me.
Posted Image

#111 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:16 PM

Well maintaining a gun is not really a problem for me, I almost find doing maintenance somewhat fun because it keeps me busy. But I just don't want to get a gun that is going to fall apart on me.

The G6R doesn't take that much to maintain, just a couple more steps than a normal marker, like pressure testing. But with the ego you don't really have to do any maintenance besides cleaning and lubing it and it will work.

#112 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

The G6R doesn't take that much to maintain, just a couple more steps than a normal marker, like pressure testing. But with the ego you don't really have to do any maintenance besides cleaning and lubing it and it will work.

What is the process of pressure testing?
Posted Image

#113 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

This video might be able to help.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 02 February 2013 - 04:32 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#114 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Santa Clara paintball is legit, make the drive out to Sactown to Dave Baines place, Capital Edge. I have played most everywhere in the country and Capital and SCP are some of my favorite fields.
As to comparing the money you will spend, its the same as Motocross, you can "run what you brung" or you can make it as expensive as you want. The ongoing costs will be around the same if not slightly lower considering that essential items in paintball don't really wear out like they do in 'cross(tires, grips, suspension, braces, helmets) and when they do in paintball they are far more inexpensive. However the "Ooh shiny!" factor may get you spending money upgrading all the time.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#115 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Santa Clara paintball is legit, make the drive out to Sactown to Dave Baines place, Capital Edge. I have played most everywhere in the country and Capital and SCP are some of my favorite fields.
As to comparing the money you will spend, its the same as Motocross, you can "run what you brung" or you can make it as expensive as you want. The ongoing costs will be around the same if not slightly lower considering that essential items in paintball don't really wear out like they do in 'cross(tires, grips, suspension, braces, helmets) and when they do in paintball they are far more inexpensive. However the "Ooh shiny!" factor may get you spending money upgrading all the time.

Well I hear nothing but good things about SCP so I'm really excited to go there and play!

Speaking of the "Ooh Shiny!" factor, I've been in a total debate between getting a high end gun like the Bob Long G6R, or the Empire Axe. And after looking at most of the high end guns it just seems like all I'm paying for is the look of the gun and not so much the performance. From what I found, it doesn't seem like the G6R really out performs the Empire Axe, or is that just me?
Posted Image

#116 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Yes, the G6R does really outperform the Axe.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#117 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

But is it really worth the extra $400?
Posted Image

#118 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:56 AM

But is it really worth the extra $400?

That is purely up to you, but if it helps, a 2012 G6R can be had for $600 used.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#119 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

The G6R totally outclasses the Axe in my opinion. It has arguably THE best trigger in paintball, feels incredible in the hands (at least for me), and shoots amazingly smooth and is very efficient. The Axe is good, but not G6R good.

#120 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well I hear nothing but good things about SCP so I'm really excited to go there and play!

Speaking of the "Ooh Shiny!" factor, I've been in a total debate between getting a high end gun like the Bob Long G6R, or the Empire Axe. And after looking at most of the high end guns it just seems like all I'm paying for is the look of the gun and not so much the performance. From what I found, it doesn't seem like the G6R really out performs the Empire Axe, or is that just me?

It comes down to preference, I have shot both, owned neither. I had a mini for less than 12 hours before it broke, so I wont be experimenting with an axe anytime soon, as far as Bob Long, the last BL gun I bought was my Lasoya Alias, and it's going to stay that way for a long while. Buy whatever feels the best in your hands, and fits your playing style. If you play with PSP 12.5 then triggers just don't really matter nearly as much as if your playing in semi.

Edited by crich775, 03 February 2013 - 10:45 AM.

#121 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Oh okay, well I guess I'll learn more about guns once I own one, thanks for the insight! I'll be looking to get a G6R here in a month or so :)
Posted Image

#122 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

When you buy a 1,500 dollar gun it isn't very hard to spend 2k a year......... Playing paintball almost every weekend in hawaii is expensive as hell about 100 every day you play. Don't tell me I'm doing something wrong bro what do you shoot a spyder? Ion? With what kind of loader? viewloader from walmart? Come on man don't try and talk shit to somebody when you are shooting a spyder or a blitz or something And how often do you play? once every three months?

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when he says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

I don't believe I am doing anything of that sort Is he going to go out and quit paintball because I said he uses a spyder? no i dont think so

You were going way out of line for somebody that just made a great. Even if he did have a Spyder, who cares? Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want. If you don't have anything positive to say, you don't need to be posting on this thread.

And yo you people say that I am out of line for implying somebody shoots a spyder with out knowing anything about him? You just did it yourself

We did not, we don't know what kind of marker he has, or any kind of gear. We said "What if" you're the one bagging on him for having a Spyder and buying a viewloader from Walmart. I'm done with this conversation, what you said was not necessary, end of story.

"Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want." I'm pretty sure you know nothing about me yet have "bagged" on me but no "We did not,"

You brought that all upon yourself by trying to discourage him. Nobody is going to feel bad for you when you're the one that started this.

Dude idgaf grow up and get over it

Why are you such a condescending little bitch?
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#123 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

When you buy a 1,500 dollar gun it isn't very hard to spend 2k a year......... Playing paintball almost every weekend in hawaii is expensive as hell about 100 every day you play. Don't tell me I'm doing something wrong bro what do you shoot a spyder? Ion? With what kind of loader? viewloader from walmart? Come on man don't try and talk shit to somebody when you are shooting a spyder or a blitz or something And how often do you play? once every three months?

I LOVE how you assume he shoots a Spyder, when he says he doesn't spent 2k a year. the marker you are shooting has nothing to do with skill level, nor does it matter. Its asshats such as yourself who are slowly killing this sport with your condescending attitude toward everyone who isn't shooting the latest and greatest gear. You should very much feel ashamed.

I don't believe I am doing anything of that sort Is he going to go out and quit paintball because I said he uses a spyder? no i dont think so

You were going way out of line for somebody that just made a great. Even if he did have a Spyder, who cares? Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want. If you don't have anything positive to say, you don't need to be posting on this thread.

And yo you people say that I am out of line for implying somebody shoots a spyder with out knowing anything about him? You just did it yourself

We did not, we don't know what kind of marker he has, or any kind of gear. We said "What if" you're the one bagging on him for having a Spyder and buying a viewloader from Walmart. I'm done with this conversation, what you said was not necessary, end of story.

"Not everybody is a rich spoiled kid who gets whatever they want." I'm pretty sure you know nothing about me yet have "bagged" on me but no "We did not,"

You brought that all upon yourself by trying to discourage him. Nobody is going to feel bad for you when you're the one that started this.

Dude idgaf grow up and get over it

Why are you such a condescending little bitch?

+1

#124 Deftone

Deftone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

I grew up racing MX, now days paintball is no higher...Back when I started playing p-ball paint was about $120-$130 a case, ofcourse the guns were not fast back then but everything cost more back in the 90's. You have to take into account with MX that your always fixing something on your bike, racing breaks parts it's a fact of life...As far as buying a cheap gun, if you like playing go ahead and buy a good gun, if you buy something cheap and get lit up by dudes with high end guns your gonna end up with one. Better off to buy good from the get go instead of buying 3-4 guns to get up to what you want...Look at the Empire AXE, great guns for a good price. People that complain about prices now days should have been playing back in the day when paint was over $100 a case, a compressed air tank was $400-$600 and a top end gun was well over $10000....

#125 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

Oh okay, well I guess I'll learn more about guns once I own one, thanks for the insight! I'll be looking to get a G6R here in a month or so :)

If you do get a G6R, I would recommend getting a Ninja SLP tank. You will also need to buy some Allen keys (if you don't have some already) and a barrel cover.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#126 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

Okay guys I finally did it, I made my first purchase with paintball and I'm finally starting to get geared up and ready to play! :D

I've seen a lot of posts for people saying to buy a mask first, and a gun last, but I'm doing that in reverse only because I'm not going to be playing until I have all of my own gear. So hopefully I'll be out on the field within a month :) But my first gun, and the gun I decided to go with was the Empire Axe. I've heard so much good feedback on this gun, and have seen competitive players/teams that use the gun which is exactly what I'm going to be using it for. But I really want to thank everybody on this thread that has gave me such helpful advice and I really cannot tell you all how excited I am to finally be involved with this sport! :D

I'm sure you all know what the Axe looks like but here is some pictures :)

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

#127 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

That.Is.Beautiful. Good purchase, my friend.
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#128 DcSalem

DcSalem

I Rule The EGO World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

i suggest getting pads protective gear next and all that and i suggest not going or the walmart stuff you can call your local field or proshop for this kinda stuff i suggest dye i love my shorts knee/arm pads
as for mask grills and I4s but those are the more costly theres cheaper ones just as good but i cant think of them

Edited by DcSalem, 22 February 2013 - 08:18 PM.

Life is hell but so it the society we live in!

I MISS MY EGO8

#129 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

That.Is.Beautiful. Good purchase, my friend.

Thank you!

i suggest getting pads protective gear next and all that and i suggest not going or the walmart stuff you can call your local field or proshop for this kinda stuff i suggest dye i love my shorts knee/arm pads
as for mask grills and I4s but those are the more costly theres cheaper ones just as good but i cant think of them

I'm definitely going to try to get top of the line stuff when it comes to protection, I don't really tend to buy cheap shit that won't get the job done. As far as masks go, I'm going to go into my local shop this weekend and try the I4 on and the profit and see which one fits me better. Thanks for the feedback!
Posted Image

#130 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:36 PM

You have good taste. :tup: from me.

#131 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:42 PM

You have good taste. :tup: from me.

Hahaha! Thanks again ;)
Posted Image

#132 misterkyle

misterkyle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

funny lol, im kinda putting paintball asside to ride dirtbikes ;)

#133 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:52 PM

funny lol, im kinda putting paintball asside to ride dirtbikes ;)

Well I'm not sure what kind of riding you are doing, but I hope you love riding as much as I did :)
Posted Image

#134 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 04:52 PM

When picking a mask keep in mind the climate, as the Profits are known not to breathe as well as the I4s of E-Flex's.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#135 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

When picking a mask keep in mind the climate, as the Profits are known not to breathe as well as the I4s of E-Flex's.

I actually went into my shop yesterday and tried on the I4 and the Sly mask, and the sly feels really comfortable and feels better then the I4, but I'm not too sure how well they breathe. But definitely my choice of mask so far.
Posted Image

#136 thesdpaintball

thesdpaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

Each day of play is going to cost you about $80 so that is $30 for entry and air $50 for a good case of paint.

Tip: Buy paint from a local store if you can fields normally mark up paint $5-$10.

#137 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 08:01 PM

Each day of play is going to cost you about $80 so that is $30 for entry and air $50 for a good case of paint.

Tip: Buy paint from a local store if you can fields normally mark up paint $5-$10.

Instead of paying entry fee and air each time I go, I'm going to most likely end up buying a 6 month or year season pass at my field, for a year it's $500 because I'm going to try to play at least once a week and I think it'll be worth the $500, and that includes free air and admission for the whole year, plus 20% of paint. My local store told me to try out their paint and if it sucks just to buy their paint instead.

Edited by ZeeCobb, 24 February 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Posted Image

#138 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:09 PM

I bought some more stuff today and I'm almost ready to actually start playing. I sold some old Motocross gear on craigslist yesterday and went down to my local paintball shop and some new friends I've made that own the shop sold me a Sly profit, NXe 3+2+2 harness and pods, and some Dye knee pads! Only thing left that I need to buy is a hopper and tank, but one of the new friends I've made there said that he would let me borrow a hopper and tank from him so I can start playing whenever, so hopefully within a couple weeks I'll be able to go out and play. Is there anything else that anybody can recommend for me to buy before I start playing, anything that I don't already have? Thanks :)

Edited by ZeeCobb, 02 March 2013 - 11:09 PM.

Posted Image

#139 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:38 PM

The only thing left to buy would be a hopper, and tank. If you really want, elbow pads, and paintball pants are great to have.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#140 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

The only thing left to buy would be a hopper, and tank. If you really want, elbow pads, and paintball pants are great to have.

Well besides a hopper and tank, once I get paid I'll buy those. But I'm going to probably borrow a hopper and tank for a weekend. But I'm just not to sure what pants to buy. Oh and I'm also considering on getting some landsharks I found on footlocker for like $41 unless there is another cleat that is better?
Posted Image

#141 cesarvesar@yahoo.com

cesarvesar@yahoo.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

Well besides a hopper and tank, once I get paid I'll buy those. But I'm going to probably borrow a hopper and tank for a weekend. But I'm just not to sure what pants to buy. Oh and I'm also considering on getting some landsharks I found on footlocker for like $41 unless there is another cleat that is better?

The HK army pants are really great but abit pricey also they have a cheat it works great for speedball and woodsball where I play at.

#142 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I'd take a look at the Empire 2012 LTD pants. They are going for 115 dollars right now, which is less than the contacts, and they are just awesome pants. Right now they still have them in almost every size and color, and they won't last.

#143 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

The HK army pants are really great but abit pricey also they have a cheat it works great for speedball and woodsball where I play at.

I was looking at the HK Army pants and they do look nice, but Empire's pants look just as good, or maybe even better and they aren't as expensive. As far as the Cleats, I think for half the price, the Nike Landshark looks way more functional then those exalt and HK cleats, they just look kind of weak.

I'd take a look at the Empire 2012 LTD pants. They are going for 115 dollars right now, which is less than the contacts, and they are just awesome pants. Right now they still have them in almost every size and color, and they won't last.

I saw those, I just wish I had a place where I could try them on to see what size I need.
Posted Image

#144 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

I was looking at the HK Army pants and they do look nice, but Empire's pants look just as good, or maybe even better and they aren't as expensive. As far as the Cleats, I think for half the price, the Nike Landshark looks way more functional then those exalt and HK cleats, they just look kind of weak.

I saw those, I just wish I had a place where I could try them on to see what size I need.
Posted Image

#145 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:59 AM

I personally didn't like my empire pants as much as my dye pants.look around for c10, c9, and c8 dye pants they seel pretty cheap and are awesome and for a hopper and tank, a used rotor and any carbon fiber would do great
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#146 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,610 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 08:51 AM

Disruptive Generation 2 pants are great, and are only 100$

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#147 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

I personally didn't like my empire pants as much as my dye pants.look around for c10, c9, and c8 dye pants they seel pretty cheap and are awesome and for a hopper and tank, a used rotor and any carbon fiber would do great

I thought about buying used, and if I do it'll probably end up being a used rotor. I just think I would feel more comfortable having a brand new tank.
Posted Image

#148 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

I thought about buying used, and if I do it'll probably end up being a used rotor. I just think I would feel more comfortable having a brand new tank.

Yeah I felt that way too, just because getting a new tank means a new regulator so there's no dirt or debris in it already.I got my used tank with 4 years left for $100 but it as barely used so thats why I only felt comfortable buying it.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#149 ZeeCobb

ZeeCobb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yeah I felt that way too, just because getting a new tank means a new regulator so there's no dirt or debris in it already.I got my used tank with 4 years left for $100 but it as barely used so thats why I only felt comfortable buying it.

Yeah exactly, but if you can find a fairly new tank that's in good condition, I wouldn't feel uncomfortable about that either.
Posted Image

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users