• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

has been absolutely terrible. All starts on the last day of school last year. Took my finals early to go ride dirtbikes with a buddy of mine. Went to a place about 2 hours north of where I live. Got there alright, got all our gear on, and headed out on the trail. Was a little muddy from the other day but it wasn't too bad. About 10/15 miles through the trail I round a corner in first and hit something (no clue what I hit) and fell off. Land on my stomach and my left leg goes numb. Turn around and my leg is at a 90 degree angle. My buddies dad rides back to the main office to get the staff and about 30/45 minutes later about 6 very intelligent staff members show up to look at it. They finally decide to call an ambuilance, lucky for me no EMT's are there on weekdays and the nearest hospital is an hour away. SO, about an hour later the ambuilance comes making its way down the trail. The emt gets out to check out my leg. At this point my adrenalin's pumping so im not feeling much. He gets out and right away knows I broke my femur. After that they get ready to straighten it and he keeps telling me how much its going to hurt. He counts to 3 and they roll me onto a stretcher and straighten my leg. At this point I feel like im going to black out. Then they load me up into the ambulance which was not a very enjoyable process (im a pretty big guy). Once im im the ambuilance I fall asleep/black out and then wake up in the hospital once I get there. They're rolling me over and all that good shit for x rays and that feels fantastic. They get my X-rays back and I find out im getting prepped for surgery. Ended up breaking my femur into 5 pieces. They get ready to take me into the OR when they realize I don't have a parent with me (which I need to sign off on the waivers,ect) and at this point im a good 3 hours from my house. So im chilling in the pre op room for a couple hours until they come. When they get there i have surgery, end of story 1. Summer goes by and it seems to be going good, I got a rod and screws in. Fast forward 5 months. I finally start going to school part time. The next doctors appointment i found out the rods shifted and one of the screws is coming out. So, I have to get another surgery which brings us to story 2. Im in pre-op getting ready to be called for surgery. Part of the pre-op is a huge pneumonia shot in the kidney area(feels great) surgery lasted about 4 hours and he took out everything and put in longer rod, more screws, and then cables holding everything tightly. Surgery goes great. Wake up the next morning and I feel like I got hit by a truck, find out I got pneumonia. Next day im feeling a little better and im up for some PT. Get out of bed and walk to the orthopedic recliner. Sit down and relax, all of the sudden i feel this pain in my hand. The PT lady tripped over my IV and ripped it out my hand. At this point im too tired to say anything. Get discharged a couple days later, end of story 2. Doctor says its healing well but he messed up the rotation of my bone. It's off by 10 degrees and I have a chance to get another surgery. I said no because hopefully it'll get better with muscle memory and more PT, which brings us to today. My mom watches my nephew during the day and he puked all over his jumpy thingy, no clue what it's called. I go back to my room for a while. She takes it in the bathroom to wash and gets water on the floor. Get up a while later (keep in mind my left leg in non weight bearing) to take a leak. On my way out I put my left crutch down. The crutch slips on some water and I come down pretty damn hard on my leg, barely catching myself on the sink and towel holder. Going to the docs tomorrow to get some more X-rays. End of horrible, long story about the past eight months
TL;DR: It seems like I have horrible luck. Not really a rant, or much of a vent for that matter, but just felt like typing it.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,861 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:07 AM

Holy wall of text batman.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:20 AM

Read it all.

Damn bro that blows. Hope you get well soon. Jesus ! What kind of hospital are you going to. Why can't they just do it right the first time

#4 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sorry, it's late, I have the flu, and im on my phone haha.

Read it all.

Damn bro that blows. Hope you get well soon. Jesus ! What kind of hospital are you going to. Why can't they just do it right the first time

Supposedly pretty good ones, thanks!

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

Posted Image

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:42 AM

That shit sounds bad....

#7 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

Holy hell man, I couldn't imagine breaking my leg like that.

Also from the sounds of it, before you get ANOTHER surgery done, look into legal council no joke. Screwing up once is bad, but 3 times?! Yeah I'd have someone with a Law Degree and licensed in the state to practice next time you think about signing another waiver.

#8 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

Holy hell man, I couldn't imagine breaking my leg like that.

Also from the sounds of it, before you get ANOTHER surgery done, look into legal council no joke. Screwing up once is bad, but 3 times?! Yeah I'd have someone with a Law Degree and licensed in the state to practice next time you think about signing another waiver.

Had them done by 2 diffirent surgeons at 2 diffirent hospitals. The first one was done by the doc on call and the second was was done by a doc where I live. I should've been weary of the the first surgery in the first place since it only took him 30 minutes. Don't really blame the one that did my second one. Here's the pic of it before surgery Posted Image

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:48 AM

SO, about an hour later the ambuilance comes making its way down the trail. The emt gets out to check out my leg. At this point my adrenalin's pumping so im not feeling much. He gets out and right away knows I broke my femur. After that they get ready to straighten it and he keeps telling me how much its going to hurt. He counts to 3 and they roll me onto a stretcher and straighten my leg. At this point I feel like im going to black out.

Did they feel (touch) your femur before they moved you?

Also get better, the world of paintball needs you.

#10 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:11 AM

SO, about an hour later the ambuilance comes making its way down the trail. The emt gets out to check out my leg. At this point my adrenalin's pumping so im not feeling much. He gets out and right away knows I broke my femur. After that they get ready to straighten it and he keeps telling me how much its going to hurt. He counts to 3 and they roll me onto a stretcher and straighten my leg. At this point I feel like im going to black out.

Did they feel (touch) your femur before they moved you?

Also get better, the world of paintball needs you.

LOL thanks. They actually cut all of my clothes off while I was laying on the ground so they could see my leg. The only thing I recall them doing was touching my toes and asking me if I could feel them.

Edited by GuyWithAQuestion, 23 January 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:50 AM

I feel you pain man. Went and going threw a similare ordeal beleive me. Not to highjack just figured ya might like to know some one else seems to share in ya awesome luck lately.

I got taken out by a inatentive driver while i was on one of my motorcycles back in september. Compound (meaning bones puctured skin) fracture of both Tibula and Fibula of left leg. Re-partiallyseperated left shoulder and a little road rash on said shoulder. Gashed right leg to the bone. Along with bruising from Head to Toe.

Even delt with some issues like ya self at hospital. First off the emegengy room doctor failed to check me for further injuries. All that was done the night of injury was to streighten my mangled left leg and make sure the bones were back ``in`` what was left of my leg and wrapped it up..

Then i got some more morfin and put in a bed in a empty hall way for most the night its here i started to feel pain in shoulder and popped it myself (i done it a few times). In the morning i got moved to a room, then about noon the surgen came to see me cut off the bandage cursed loudly as he was not informed i had a compound fracture and that it should NOT have been left open over night as i was at HIGH risk now of infection and potential loss of leg (YAY). So he informs me i gona be set up for surgery that after noon and asks a nurse to prep me (at this point i still had all my blood soaked cloths on at this point). At this point the nurse gets a sissors and starts cutting orr the remaining parts of my riding jeans only to find blood and the large gash on my right leg that the doc never checked for the night before (i honestly did not feel it). So that was taped up and bandaged (bleeding had slowed so stitches were deemed unnessasarry now).

Surgery takes place install a rod and four pins in my leg from knee to ankle. Smaller bone is left to mend its self over time. There is Not enuff tissue left for my leg to be stitched entirely back togeather. Two days go by and and set for surgery number 2. This time to clear out the wound again and see if leg can be closed any more as the wound is too big for packing. 14 stitches and 30 staples latter and im left with only a 2 inch by 2.5 inch hole in left inner of leg that will need to be packed with a sterile medicated ribbon daily till there is enuff tissue growth to close it.

Few days latter i sent home and set up with a daily home care that comes in daily to remove the old packing from leg and repack (lets just say that DONT TICKLE but at least the nurses were cute).

That went on for about 2.5months the hole got smaller, gash in right leg healed, road rash healed and shoulder feeling strong again BUT absolutly NO improvment to the bones. Then the infection started to show up and leg got really nasty. Pain just kept getting worse and docs did not wana do anything but pescribe antibiotics and wait hopping it go away. That went on for a MONTH pain level raising and lowering all the time. Then few days before christmas i go in for my regular x rays and wound check and doc sends me for day surgery number THREE. They cut out a section of my leg irrigate the wound and finally manage to stretch the skin enuff to stitch my leg shut. Now its just a waiting game.

Now i sitting here still only feather weight bearing and get around with two four footed cains (prefer them over crutches) or a wheel chair when i going further (I actually had an old one in the garage from my grandfather). Pain is mostly gone and the wound is all healed though still nasty (i have a GOOD sized INDENT in my leg that i can make shallower and deeper when i move my toes LOL). But i feeling good and that may be soon i can start trying to walk again. I am also so thankfull that i not lost my leg as for a while with the extesive infection that was a real possibility from what i was told.

But the biggest piss off is about one month prior to my accident i bought my self a BRAND NEW pickup. Traded a loaded full size cause i wanted a more basic more efficent small 4x4. Also wanted something more fun to drive again so i purchased my BRAND NEW pickup STICKSHIFT. Then a month later DESTROY my left leg and am left unable to depress my damn clutch pedal. So although i am OK to drive i cant unless i borrow a car from family thats auto. I Also cant go to work (Diesel Mechanic) due to the injury so money is a tad tight (i getting paid by insurance and threw work benifits but its no paycheck). And i intended to go to LL6 this year but have pretty much decided that out of the question even IF i could get back into a playable condition i could not afford it now.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 GuyWithAQuestion

GuyWithAQuestion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:55 AM

I feel you pain man. Went and going threw a similare ordeal beleive me. Not to highjack just figured ya might like to know some one else seems to share in ya awesome luck lately.

I got taken out by a inatentive driver while i was on one of my motorcycles back in september. Compound (meaning bones puctured skin) fracture of both Tibula and Fibula of left leg. Re-partiallyseperated left shoulder and a little road rash on said shoulder. Gashed right leg to the bone. Along with bruising from Head to Toe.

Even delt with some issues like ya self at hospital. First off the emegengy room doctor failed to check me for further injuries. All that was done the night of injury was to streighten my mangled left leg and make sure the bones were back ``in`` what was left of my leg and wrapped it up..

Then i got some more morfin and put in a bed in a empty hall way for most the night its here i started to feel pain in shoulder and popped it myself (i done it a few times). In the morning i got moved to a room, then about noon the surgen came to see me cut off the bandage cursed loudly as he was not informed i had a compound fracture and that it should NOT have been left open over night as i was at HIGH risk now of infection and potential loss of leg (YAY). So he informs me i gona be set up for surgery that after noon and asks a nurse to prep me (at this point i still had all my blood soaked cloths on at this point). At this point the nurse gets a sissors and starts cutting orr the remaining parts of my riding jeans only to find blood and the large gash on my right leg that the doc never checked for the night before (i honestly did not feel it). So that was taped up and bandaged (bleeding had slowed so stitches were deemed unnessasarry now).

Surgery takes place install a rod and four pins in my leg from knee to ankle. Smaller bone is left to mend its self over time. There is Not enuff tissue left for my leg to be stitched entirely back togeather. Two days go by and and set for surgery number 2. This time to clear out the wound again and see if leg can be closed any more as the wound is too big for packing. 14 stitches and 30 staples latter and im left with only a 2 inch by 2.5 inch hole in left inner of leg that will need to be packed with a sterile medicated ribbon daily till there is enuff tissue growth to close it.

Few days latter i sent home and set up with a daily home care that comes in daily to remove the old packing from leg and repack (lets just say that DONT TICKLE but at least the nurses were cute).

That went on for about 2.5months the hole got smaller, gash in right leg healed, road rash healed and shoulder feeling strong again BUT absolutly NO improvment to the bones. Then the infection started to show up and leg got really nasty. Pain just kept getting worse and docs did not wana do anything but pescribe antibiotics and wait hopping it go away. That went on for a MONTH pain level raising and lowering all the time. Then few days before christmas i go in for my regular x rays and wound check and doc sends me for day surgery number THREE. They cut out a section of my leg irrigate the wound and finally manage to stretch the skin enuff to stitch my leg shut. Now its just a waiting game.

Now i sitting here still only feather weight bearing and get around with two four footed cains (prefer them over crutches) or a wheel chair when i going further (I actually had an old one in the garage from my grandfather). Pain is mostly gone and the wound is all healed though still nasty (i have a GOOD sized INDENT in my leg that i can make shallower and deeper when i move my toes LOL). But i feeling good and that may be soon i can start trying to walk again. I am also so thankfull that i not lost my leg as for a while with the extesive infection that was a real possibility from what i was told.

But the biggest piss off is about one month prior to my accident i bought my self a BRAND NEW pickup. Traded a loaded full size cause i wanted a more basic more efficent small 4x4. Also wanted something more fun to drive again so i purchased my BRAND NEW pickup STICKSHIFT. Then a month later DESTROY my left leg and am left unable to depress my damn clutch pedal. So although i am OK to drive i cant unless i borrow a car from family thats auto. I Also cant go to work (Diesel Mechanic) due to the injury so money is a tad tight (i getting paid by insurance and threw work benifits but its no paycheck). And i intended to go to LL6 this year but have pretty much decided that out of the question even IF i could get back into a playable condition i could not afford it now.

Shit man, that sucks. Hope you start seeing some progress soon. Being hit with nothing but bad news deffinitely takes a toll on you.

#13 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

Eh it's all good it's the cards i got delt and I am managing much the same as ya self. Hope things speedily recover for ya now.

I still plan to get back on my other motorcycle (one I was riding was a complete wright off).
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users