30 replies to this topic

#1 lovebunny

lovebunny

Master Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,163 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:25 AM

so i whas thinking.. after reading some treads here.. are pump players cheap? i meen the biggest reasson some have to play pump is to save paint. when i play OC i usely use a hopper 2-3 pods pr game. the reasson i play pump is becuse its fun.. not to save paint
┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Muppet King!
CCM 6.5 FST Rendition Alias and other goodies FST
Feedback

#2 Tippmannkid15

Tippmannkid15

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:45 AM

It is very fun, and it saves paint. I have been playing pump for about 2 years now, im only 15, but i have had the funnest paintball games ever with my pump. When you spraying 15 bps at someone and get them out, you have not really accomplished anything. But, when your shooting 1 bps and dome someone on purpose, you never forget it. and it saves you a bunch of money,time,air and paint.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

Yeah, I got into pump mostly because my Trilly had a leaky 3-way, and I was too lazy to fix it. I wasn't planning on saving money, I just play for fun. It's just a happy coincidence that I shoot a lot less paint when pumping.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 January 2013 - 01:46 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,121 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:12 PM

i shot a case with my pump in the final battle of LL4
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#5 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:21 PM

I started playing pump because i was 14 and had no way to pay for shooting lots of paint.
I continue to play pump now because its fun and I enjoy the challenge as well as improving my skill.

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

I started playing because I honestly felt like I was shooting too much.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 War0411

War0411

Moose!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

I've spent the past six years playing at first SC, then for the past two OC. I would usually use a pod a day playing SC, and with a nicer CCM like the T2 I currently use, I'm more inclined to say around 1/3-1/2 a case for a full day. The reason I first picked up pump was for the challenge, and it became the addicting thing that has kept a pump in my hand over any semi I have owned (Ego's, DM's, etc). I will say that whatever money I save on paint gets put into projects nowadays though. Having custom brass work done is becoming a real problem lately.

Baylor University
PowerPlay Paintball

Posted Image

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't think so pumpers around here usually auto trigger the fuck outta our pumps, except for the few OC users. We just play pump to go back to the basics and get better along with autotiggering like a mofo
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:49 AM

I am very cheap.

#10 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:09 AM

Yeah, I got into pump mostly because my Trilly had a leaky 3-way, and I was too lazy to fix it.

That's how I started and why I'm still playing pump.
My laziness and the reliability and low maintenance of a quality pump gun go hand-in-hand. The fact that I don't shoot much to begin with only enhances my desire to use a pump as most semis just seem unnecessary to me. I can still shoot people out with a pump gun, so I don't feel the need to use much else.

I don't think so pumpers around here usually auto trigger the fuck outta our pumps, except for the few OC users. We just play pump to go back to the basics and get better along with autotiggering like a mofo

I don't care for AT that much. If I ever wanted to shoot fast, I would use a semi.
If I do use it, it's only in a burst of 2 or 3.

Edited by Antonious, 17 January 2013 - 04:31 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#11 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Well I shoot pump mostly cause I enjoy it. But also to bring me back to the way of play I started. Also I just like the simplified setup no batteries not even in the hopper.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#12 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

I too play pump because its fun, not to save paint or money. Plus it's a good way to stretch those last couple of pods a while longer

#13 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:31 AM

i started with pump! im looking at going back now. just because it was a blast when i did play pump
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#14 BRING IT!!

BRING IT!!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

i picked up a pump so that i could save a bit, but also because pump play will make me a better player and is just fun

#15 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I am broke,not cheap.Cheap usually means you have money,just choose not to use it.And I play pump to save paint and because it is fun.Even if you only get 1 or 2 people out,you remember those outs.And,it can help you improve on your skills.You manage to see what you are doing wrong alot easier with pump.

#16 drg

drg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:36 AM

I buy the highest end paint possible, but only shoot about a bag a week. So ... I wouldn't say that's cheap, but shooting less generally comes with the pump territory. It can be a useful tool to control cost.
Keep your pump hand strong!
PUMPPB.COM TIGHTSTICK - Custom LAPCO 1-piece underbore barrel! SALE!
PUMPPB.COM - Pump paintball forums
HawaiiPB.com - Paintball forums for the state of Hawaii
HawaiiPB/PumpPB - Our videos

#17 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:18 PM

I recently just started playing with a pump and I loved it. Saving money on paint is just a +.
Posted Image

#18 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

i'm not cheap, I just don't see the point in spending all my money on paintball.
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#19 VictoriaPB

VictoriaPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

well for me being a teenager and not having a job, I play pump because I do like the challenge but the money factor is a big thing. I like to save paint as well as one-ball people. May sound cheap but I like to spend money on other stuff as well so I cant go shooting a case a day especially at my field where its FPO and $10 per 100 balls..

#20 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

Before I could only afford to go once a month, entry + 2 bags of paint was 35. Occasionally I could go 2 times a month, but after playing pump twice this past month I've realized I can easily go 2 times a month. I have a case of paint sitting in my room, that'll last me months with a pump. So I'm not necessarily cheap, just I can get more out of playing pump. Plus it's fun!

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#21 Crashkt90

Crashkt90

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Its not that were cheap its just fun and easy.

Reverse Drop Forward Gloss Black Modified Stock Class Phantom

#22 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:58 PM

Originally I played pump because I was REALLLY curious about it, and being that it did save me money it was a good way to justify it :) I play pump now becaue its fun and super light. Being 1/4 as expensive is just a bonus

#23 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:22 AM

Considering i spent around $500 on a t2, no lol. Pump is honestly the most fun and the paint savings are a happy accident. And about autotriggers, the main thing I use the at for is the snap shooting trick(load ball, as you are popping out shoot, pump and shoot w/ at another coming back in). When I first started pump I used my friends kp, which didn't have an at. Once you get the rhythm down its not needed

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#24 natezthekid

natezthekid

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

I play pump because it is fun and challenging. Save money is a plus. But I am a little bit of a cheap scape. I like spending good money on quality paint though. I wouldn't mind spending $100 on a really nice case of paint that will last me for a whole month.

#25 Frostbite

Frostbite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

I started playing pump because 1.) I was burning through too much paint too fast 2.) I wanted to work on my accuracy (which back then sucked). 3.) My buddy had recently acquired a Phantom, which looked pretty cool and was even cooler to see in use. However, once I started, I never went back, because it's SO. MUCH. FUN.
-- I don't always play pump, but when I do...no, wait, I always do.

#26 q000ball

q000ball

i Fought The Law, And....I Won

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 03:49 PM

I wouldn't say that pump players are cheap, but cheap people play pump.

#27 fatalll

fatalll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

I played 3-8 times a month all season and 1-4 scenarios with electros, I play 3-8 times a month all season and 1-4 scenarios with a pump, I play recball primarily, running down rental players with an electro is boring to me and discouraging to them,

running around with pistols or a pump is more enjoyable
http://www.techpb.co...1 - my feedback

http://ptab.it/CUC4 - for good feels

#28 Tancrad

Tancrad

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:08 PM

to be honest i started playing pump, because it was cheeper. and because a friend of mine had his own little field playing pump would save air and let us play for longer. 4 years ago and i never turned back. i sold all my semi markers. for small games i play stock. and for bigger games i use a small tank and small hopper . now im at the point where if i was to use even a semi it would sorta feel like cheating. or im using wallhacks or something. but its very enjoyable if you play with good guys.

Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical,
Liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

#29 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 11:52 PM

I started playing in the woods with a bunch of friends. Then I really got into the sport and mainly tourney ball, my friends never played as much as me (every Sunday and most Saturdays)so I naturally just got better than them. I played with them a few times after and they just didn't have much fun. The only guns I had were tourney guns and they had spyders and tippmanns. So I bought a pump and now I can enjoy playing with them again. I also just loved it enough to keep playing it alot.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#30 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:39 AM

I started pump because I could, and its nice to have one in your little arsenal. I enjoy pump, and I love having options when I get bored.
But as to saving money, id like to think that I have a pump to save money on paint, and sometimes I do, but if you've seen me play open class pump with an autotrigger...oh god I empty pods like a mofo.
But I didn't really play pump because I wanted to save money. I do it because its a different style of play. But hey, if I end up saving more paint with my pump, hell, more paint to use for lanes with my electro next game.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#31 1shot

1shot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:25 PM

I started playing paintball with a pump arond 1997 because it was cheap. When I could aford it I bought a semi-auto. After a few years of that I started playing with stock pumps for fun. Now I haven't played with anything else since 2009. I'm having to much fun and don't know that I'll ever stray from pumps again.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users