1566 replies to this topic

#1 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

So since there are a few more guys here who likes to talk about cars, or just share stuff, I thought I'd make a thread about it.

Title says it all, now post away.

#2 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

All that I can foresee is people who love muscle cars and despise everything else, people who love Euro-tuners and nothing else, and people who love Japanese tuners and nothing else.

As for me, I enjoy myself Japanese cars. :lol:
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#3 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

as a rule of thumb:

the smaller the car,
the lighter the car,
the lower the car,
the less roof on the car,

the more fun it is
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#4 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

European cars are the best kind of cars, obviously. :D
Can't wait til after this summer when I've been working like a maniac. I might have enough to get a Porsche 911 Turbo from the 80's.
Not that I complain about my current ride though.

Gordon, I agree with everything but the roof, I want coupes, hatchbacks and sedans. :tup:

Just a reminder to people, you can come in here and discuss any car you want, even a Prius if that's what floats your boat.

Edited by Nobben #44, 16 January 2013 - 03:07 PM.

#5 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

roadsters are ridiculously fun. coupes have there place, certainly. but for pure fun, roadsters are epic good.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#6 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

I'll take your word for it. :tup:

I want new rims on my car, the ones on my summer wheels are alright. But the ones on my winter wheels. Oh god. :blink:

#7 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

My preference falls to a small 4x4 pickup for day to day use and toying around on minor trails.

For the more spirited I stick to a good sport touring motorcycle.

Drop top cars may have there place but two wheels is the ultimate fun machines.

Edited by TinyBear, 16 January 2013 - 04:14 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#8 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

What bike you got?

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Muscle cars are my area of expertise, but they are by no means the "best". Far from it.

There's a guy in town with a 69 Roadrunner with a 440 Six Pack that I want, hopefully I save up the money to get it.

#10 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

My preference falls to a small 4x4 pickup for day to day use and toying around on minor trails.

the problem with bikes is when you stuff it, and thats a when, not an if, WHEN you stuff it, i'd rather have a nice steel cage around me.

but yeah, bikes are fast, no doubt about it.

#11 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

That's actually one of the better looking muscles. Got a picture of it?

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

That's all that's on the ad. Judging by the 383 callouts on the hood inserts, the motor isn't original. Seats look aftermarket, black vinyl top looks good,and needs body work. I'm okay with the body having some issues because it'll be a driver for me.

He says 440 six pack motor, but hard to tell from the pics.

#13 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

^Looks like it could use a little love^

I enjoy trucks, and muscle cars, and by no means an expert on anything cars, but one day, I want to have enough money to get a Prius, and make badass... Well, as bad ass as you can make a Prius.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#14 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

Sweet Roadrunner.
It looks a little worn though.

I really, really hope I'll get my hands on a 911.
Going to do some simple work on my Audi first.

Edited by Nobben #44, 16 January 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#15 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

I'm going to be taking on another project: E30 M3 restoration :tup:

Found one locally that is in need of a new owner, and a nice warm garage for some surgery.

#16 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

M3's are nice rides dude.
The E30 is a late 80's model right?

#17 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,984 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

We'll see what happens. Hopefully. But M3's are definitely cool, IMO the best thing BMW ever thought of.

#18 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

This one is 1991, but the initial production was from 85-92 I beleive. It's in serious need of attention, the entire engine is GONE, pretty sure somebody threw a piston through the block, and driveline is basically siezed, differentials fucked right up, and the suspension is sagging. All I care aboust is basically the frame being intact, which the current owner says it is, and to me - he's a reliable source considerin I know him. I need to go look at it and put money in his hands, but this should shape up to be my next project.

I fully rebuilt a 67 Gt350, but I sold her to a fellow out in BC, and now shes cruising the mountain roads around Cranbrook/Fernie/Kimberly. Whenever I get bored, I rebuild cars.

#19 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:46 PM

You got quite the build there. I wanna do something like that myself. Probably the best way to learn exactly how everything works.

#20 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

It's fun with older cars, especially before everything got super electronic - in which you need a degree in electrical engineering to understand. :lol:

I tend to not rebuild anything newer than the 90's from there on in - it just gets frustrating to work on with the newer compact designs and electrical work.

Edited by HeroForADay, 16 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

#21 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

the problem with bikes is when you stuff it, and thats a when, not an if, WHEN you stuff it, i'd rather have a nice steel cage around me.

but yeah, bikes are fast, no doubt about it.

True but by that token a coupe would offer more safety then a roadster.

Personally I have "stuffed it" once off roading with very minor injury (two broken toes), I road that same bike to work the very next day. Then last September I got seriously injured by a driver running a light and turning into me. I lucky to be hear and after four months I finally have a for sure that I keeping my left leg after all (still can not walk though). I suffered a compound fracture to my lower leg with splintering of both tibia and fibula. My leg was torn open by the car and bikes wreckage as I flew. The landing cause a separated shoulder and some road rash. I was knocked out for a few mins and have lost some memory of the 10 or 15 mins prior to accident. My right leg was gashed open to the bone and I was bruised from head to toe. I have had three surgeries to put my leg back together. For three months I had a rather large whole in my leg that got packed on a daily basis be nurses because there just was not enuff tissue left to stitch my leg back togeather. I have a steel rod running inside the bone going from my knee to my ankle now held in place with 4 screws. It is looking like another month before I can start attempting to walk again. I have lost significant weight since the injury 30+lbs due to muscle loss from accident and lack of ability to use but also cause the antibiotics I have to take make food not all that appealing. Pain levels were quite high at times and I am sure this will cause me discomfort going forward indefinitely.

But despite this little misfortune I am not angered at the woman that hit me or question ridding again. I LOVE riding and i will not stop loving riding. Is there a added risk sure but the fact is at least in my eyes the risk is absolutely worth the freedom and exhilaration one gets from riding a motorcycle. Funny enuff the day after my accident as I was sitting in the hospital, Friends asked what they could bring to break up the boredom of sitting waiting, I asked for a bunch of motorcycle magazines. I have gone to the last two motorcycle super shows in a wheel chair. About the only sour point for me is a month prior to the accident I bought myself a new Toyota Tacoma with a 4 cyl and a 5 speed stick. Well though I allowed to drive I can't drive my truck as I can not safely operate a clutch pedal as of yet.

The bike I was riding when I was hit was a 2003 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. It was just a cheap bike I had planned to build a cool little bobber with. I was using it for the summer as my work commuter vehicle. The bike was a 100% right off.

HAPPILY I still have my do it all bike a 2010 Honda CBF600sa. It's a great little comfy bike with enuff power to keep me happy. I have ridden it 11000km across Canada in 2011. It handles far better than my current abilities can exploit and is just a great do it all machine from touring to track days to commuting. Also still ride my first bike witch I have since given to my mother. A 2000 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic it's slow and relaxed but works great for two up riding and putting around the country taking in the views.

Motorcycles are not for every one but there truly is nothing like it. I have driven every thing from Corvettes and the new Comoros to my old highly modified Diesel pickup truck (wich I sold when I bought my house could only afford to keep one toy and as much love as I put into my old truck I loved my bike more).

Edited by TinyBear, 16 January 2013 - 06:59 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#22 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I prefer Euro-tuners and Muscle Cars.

Currently looking to trade my El Camino for a Porsche 944, or 928. Hopefully a turbo too. But there aren't many in my area as I live where Muscle Car fanatics flock to due to the frequent car shows.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#23 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:40 PM

Anyone know how I can convince my dad to spend the lease money he is getting from work on something like an A6 Turbo, rather than a Toyota?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#24 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:05 AM

Anyone know how I can convince my dad to spend the lease money he is getting from work on something like an A6 Turbo, rather than a Toyota?

Depends on what kind of Toyota.

In other news, I'm trading my 92 Civic Si for a 94 del Sol Si. I only wanted two seats anyways.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#25 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

Compare a German tank to a Japanese tank.
Also use the word rice cooker a lot :P

#26 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

A Toyota 4runner

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 17 January 2013 - 12:20 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#27 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

I love my '04 Impreza :) The first car I ever bought and I'm going to drive her until she can't drive anymore.
I'm not a tuner by any means and especially not a "ricer". I love how she drives now and see no need to change that. I am, however, saving up for a kick-ass sound system.
Posted Image

Edited by Antonious, 17 January 2013 - 11:08 AM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#28 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:32 PM

A Toyota 4runner

Well, 4Runners are pretty nice. It really depends on what he'll be using it for.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#29 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:50 PM

Well, 4Runners are pretty nice. It really depends on what he'll be using it for.

Driving to, and from work, and an Audi is pretty much his dream car. He has talked about getting one for a while now, and now that he can afford it, he doesn't seem to want it. His excuse was the turbo gives it bad gas mileage. the 4runner is worse on gas. I'm 90% sure that my mom has something to do with this, because I think she wants the 4runner when the lease expires.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#30 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Driving to, and from work, and an Audi is pretty much his dream car. He has talked about getting one for a while now, and now that he can afford it, he doesn't seem to want it. His excuse was the turbo gives it bad gas mileage. the 4runner is worse on gas. I'm 90% sure that my mom has something to do with this, because I think she wants the 4runner when the lease expires.

The newer Audi cars with turbos does not have worse gas mileage than a 4Runner.
Even my A4 Quattro 2.6L V6 get's better mileage than a 4Runner. :rolleyes:

#31 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Found one locally that is in need of a new owner, and a nice warm garage for some surgery.

i approve this

#32 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Hero, remember to document everything. I wanna watch it all. :D

#33 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

as a rule of thumb:

the smaller the car,
the lighter the car,
the lower the car,

the more fun it is

So Miata is the answer. Always Miata.

i approve this

That's just awesome. The E30 was the best BMW ever made. I wish BMW would re-run their production, I would snap one up.

Sadly, I recently came to the realization that I will never restore my RX7, and so I must sell it. Anyone looking for an '85 GSL-SE? It needs a starter, a battery, and a lot of love.

Edited by The_Economist, 17 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#34 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

as a rule of thumb:

the smaller the car,
the lighter the car,
the lower the car,

the more fun it is

Dear god.

#35 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I know, but that was what he said before he even looked at the 4runner.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#36 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:14 PM

I know, but that was what he said before he even looked at the 4runner.

Just grind on it. An A6 is a pretty cool car. And the Turbo models almost wants me to change out my bigger engine for a smaller one with a turbo. :D

#37 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:54 PM

In other news, I'm trading my 92 Civic Si for a 94 del Sol Si. I only wanted two seats anyways.

bad move man, del slows are .... well slow.

as a rule of thumb:

the smaller the car,
the lighter the car,
the lower the car,

the more fun it is

negative ghost rider, pattern is full, pattern is full

Mr2 spyder

#38 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

This is the answer:
Posted Image
1985 911 Turbo :wub:

I'm gonna own a 911 one day.

#39 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

bad move man, del slows are .... well slow.

Eh, I don't need it to go fast. I've already got something else in mind for that.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#40 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

Gotta have a fast car dude. ;)

#41 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

as a rule of thumb:

the smaller the car,
the lighter the car,
the lower the car,

the more fun it is

negative ghost rider, pattern is full, pattern is full

Mr2 spyder

A Japanese photocopy of a Lotus Elan wins out over an angry little piglet all day.

#42 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

Gotta have a fast car dude. ;)

I'm slowly working towards that. Going to find me a Civic wagon RT4WD and turbo it.

That way I can get groceries, and beat expensive cars in races all at once.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#43 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I can just turbo my A4 Quattro, I mean, I get 30 more bhp by chipping it, and I'm already at 150 stock, so god knows what a Turbo, a sports exhaust and open airfilter will do to that V6.
Or the cheaper and more likely option, I'll just get 911 Turbo from the 80's or 90's.

Edited by Nobben #44, 18 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

#44 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,105 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

had some fun the other day, just got around to editing it:

Edited by cockerpunk, 18 January 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#45 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

I like it. :tup:
Gonna get a few new pictures of my car today. Even though I still have those epicly ugly rims.

Edited by Nobben #44, 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#46 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

I like it. (y)
Gonna get a few new pictures of my car today. Even though I still have to epicly ugly rims.

Mine are probably worse.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#47 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:51 PM

Well, my dad is now an official owner of a Toyota 4runner.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#48 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:56 AM

I like it. (y)
Gonna get a few new pictures of my car today. Even though I still have those epicly ugly rims.

Mine are probably worse.
*picpic*

Uhm, nope.
Posted Image

Edited by Nobben #44, 20 January 2013 - 09:57 AM.

#49 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

I like it. (y)

Mine are probably worse.
*picpic*

Uhm, nope.
Posted Image

You should paint them gloss black. Gloss black steelies look infinitely better.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#50 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm not gonna use a single second on making those rusty piece of shit rims look better. I might put winter tires on my current summer wheels instead and buy a new set of nice rims and tires when the spring comes.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users