• Please log in to reply
1594 replies to this topic

#101 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

About the only reason I really like BMWs is because they are made in my hometown.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#102 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:29 PM

I want THIS bmw:

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#103 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Double post but idgaf.

Does anyone have experience with sound systems? I want to put in a couple better quality speakers in the back of my truck, and maybe a sub but I'm not sure of decent brands for like $100 max a speaker.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#104 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:15 PM

Alpine type r speakers are really nice, stay away from Sony, only bad things from me on them.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#105 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I'll always have a soft spot for BMW - Especially the M3. For me, that's home town, what I learned to drive in, and the first car I took out onto the track.

#106 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:20 PM

Any BMW that's not an M3 or a 8-series is what I like to call an "Kebab trolley" :D

But the 8-series. Rawrrrr.
Posted Image

#107 WiscoBaller

WiscoBaller

Master Member

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:47 AM

We have an m6 on the lot right now that would eat just about anything up.

University of Wisconsin Whitewater Paintball Club
Sponsored by KEE, H2 Paintball, Empire
The Hooligans Paintball Team
Bob Long Victory Ripper Dye Rotor Dye Throttle 70/4500
Bob Long Ripper FST

#108 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

life is amazing with a RWD lightweight roadster when it just keeps snowing 2 inches every night.

ridiculous drifting, just absurd the slides you can get away with.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#109 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:34 PM

life is amazing with a RWD lightweight roadster when it just keeps snowing 2 inches every night.

I wish. The only RWD car we have right now is my dad's F150, and it's big, heavy, and has off road tires. Sliding with it only ends up being sketchy unless it's a wide open area.

#110 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Double post but idgaf.

Does anyone have experience with sound systems? I want to put in a couple better quality speakers in the back of my truck, and maybe a sub but I'm not sure of decent brands for like $100 max a speaker.

I do, for door speakers I find Kicker to do really well.

As for subs, I've ran Alpine, Pioneer, and currently I have a Clarion 12" sub.

But most things besides Sony and BOSS are good.

BOSS makes decent amps, but their speakers sound rather terrible, and their subwoofers blow out like nobody's business.
Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#111 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Most fun vehicle I find to play around with drifting around in the snow is a 4x4 pickup. Rear wheel drive when ya want it and with flick of a switch or pull of a lever 4x4 drifting. Awesome fun.

I also am a diesel mechanic for a living. And many times in the winter will take a Rig out to the back of the yard for a bit of fun. NOTHING like banging threw gears on the 13 speed with 550hp and 1600lbs/tq at your disposal. And getting 8 tons of truck drifting around parked trailers is just a blast and something to see.
My favorite was when I took one of the retired old sleemans show trucks that was being taken out of service for some fun. WAS a older Freightliner FLD classic with a C15 Cat. 15L inline six with twin turbo (morse for emissions than power). Pumped out 475hp and 1800-2000lbs/tq. Such a savage BEAST and with the longer wheel base it actually was very controllable sliding around. It was the sister truck to this one. Though this one has only the 12.7l Detroit for better economy and this one still in service.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by TinyBear, 05 February 2013 - 02:37 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#112 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:45 AM

My ranger is terrible in the snow. Its only 2wd, rear wheel of course. With no weight in the back I get massive wheel spin in like 4" of light snow and I'm only in 1st gear barely giving it gas. New tires too.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#113 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:11 AM

Try it with a AWD one. Shit starts to get ridiculous when you have power on all 4 wheels.

#114 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

Try it with a AWD one. Shit starts to get ridiculous when you have power on all 4 wheels.

why would you ever want AWD ... understeer central
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#115 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

why would you ever want AWD ... understeer central

The only AWD vehicle that I have had that has understeer in our current Honda Pilot. You HAVE to get on the gas to really get the rear end to come around. Other AWD vehicles I have owned are:
04 BMW x3
02 WRX
00 Legacy GT
99 Lincoln Navigator (actually a 4x4 but it had automatic engagement when it sensed it was slipping)
96 Impreza Outback

The BMW was an absolute blast in the snow. Turn off the stability control and you were getting the back end or wrap around yourself fairly easily.

This was my baby. I regret selling it.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by elraido, 06 February 2013 - 04:51 PM.

#116 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:42 PM

all AWD cars will understeer at the limit, thats why the flick was invented.

Edited by cockerpunk, 06 February 2013 - 07:42 PM.

#117 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

Series 60 Detroit, one of the best engines around. At least its better then those maxxforce pieces of shit.

#118 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

The older Series 60s were great like the one in the truck i posted but once they went to the EGRs and then worse yet the VGT Turbo they became quite problematic. Although i have a Boat load of experiance with detroites (from the OLD 2 strokes right on up to the DD15s) I still find i prefer the Cats.

Sadly Cats out of the on highway game and i never have been a big fan of Cummins since the N14 engiens got replaced. And although i am VERY impressed with Detroites new DD15s technology and perfomance wise, they are VERY VERY complex beasts. They ARE NOT gona be pretty to fix when they get older. And dont get me started on those Maxx Craps International is try to pass for a Engine (dang 13 letter feices spreaders)

Heres a Vid of the Old cat powered truck i was talking bout racing at THE TRUCK RODEO in norther qubece. I helped get it ready for this but it was WAY out classed as it was running in the 600+hp unlimited class and it was only originally speced as a 425hp cat. bumped it to 475hp and ran steel intercooler piping streight piped exhaust and a full tune up. Still at least it completed every race many of the rigs didnt. thats 100,000lbs they hauling from a standting start up a 6-8% grade hill

Edited by TinyBear, 06 February 2013 - 10:46 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#119 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Guess I must be on acid then, I only drive a Quattro every day. :rolleyes:

On a different note, considering getting an Audi Coupe or an VW Corrado.

Edited by Nobben #44, 07 February 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#120 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

Guess I must be on acid then, I only drive a Quattro every day. :rolleyes:

AWD will always understeer at the limit, idk what to tell you other then maybe you should put it at the limit and experience the AWD understeer-o-death. thats why AWD cars are always bad in large sweepers, power on understeer always makes the nose scrub wide. for nice tight corners, you flick 'em, and then when the car is pointed in the right direction you mash the throttle, again, another understeer performance characteristic.

#121 cocker addict

cocker addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

The older Series 60s were great like the one in the truck i posted but once they went to the EGRs and then worse yet the VGT Turbo they became quite problematic. Although i have a Boat load of experiance with detroites (from the OLD 2 strokes right on up to the DD15s) I still find i prefer the Cats.

Sadly Cats out of the on highway game and i never have been a big fan of Cummins since the N14 engiens got replaced. And although i am VERY impressed with Detroites new DD15s technology and perfomance wise, they are VERY VERY complex beasts. They ARE NOT gona be pretty to fix when they get older. And dont get me started on those Maxx Craps International is try to pass for a Engine (dang 13 letter feices spreaders)

Heres a Vid of the Old cat powered truck i was talking bout racing at THE TRUCK RODEO in norther qubece. I helped get it ready for this but it was WAY out classed as it was running in the 600+hp unlimited class and it was only originally speced as a 425hp cat. bumped it to 475hp and ran steel intercooler piping streight piped exhaust and a full tune up. Still at least it completed every race many of the rigs didnt. thats 100,000lbs they hauling from a standting start up a 6-8% grade hill

Agreed, but basically everything with to do with EGR and diesel is a terrible idea. Alot of companies are trying natural gas on there high tractors like Cummins, which deletes both the EGR and DPF filters. That is the future in the trucking industry.

#122 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:28 PM

Yeah read bit bout it but not seen anything yet were I'm working. Don't know were the future lies really all I do know is the old 12.7l detroite runnin 425hp gets 8mpg hauling 80,000lbs of beer. The new trucks with the egr and dpf running 550hp detroites get 4-5mpg hauling the same load. And even more shocking the smaller displacement lower spec 12.7 detroite can out pull the bigger engines. The dd15 have gotten some of that mileage back and pull stronger than both but they still only see 6 or 7 mpg.

#123 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:55 PM

Today I broke my speed record. Got up to 180 before I chickened out.
Ain't ever gonna go faster as long as I have these old skinny winter tires on my car.

I'm planning to take the car on a track this summer. Should get some fun out of that V6.
Not to mention driving really fast legally.

Edited by Nobben #44, 14 February 2013 - 08:56 PM.

#124 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:03 PM

Going fast can be scary as shit the first times you try it, especially in an unstable car, or with shit tires. I've gone stupid fast on a bike and in a car.... Never forget that feeling.

Posted Image

#125 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:13 PM

As great as my A4 quattro is, with those tires it's not the most stable thing at high speeds.

#126 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

Ain't ever gonna go faster as long as I have these old skinny winter tires on my car.

I'm planning to take the car on a track this summer. Should get some fun out of that V6.

Where you going by your speedometer in the car? If so, odds are you were way off on your speed...especially if you had different sized tires on. I know on my old SVT's they speedo said it could do 160...and people pegged it past that...but physics said they were doing 143 max. That was the absolute limit those cars could go before air drag and all those other fun little factors said, no more. Besides, hitting 180 in a V6 sounds basically impossible unless you have a good sized turbo/supercharger.

#127 maximumslinky

maximumslinky

Peoples Champ

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,790 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

Where you going by your speedometer in the car? If so, odds are you were way off on your speed...especially if you had different sized tires on. I know on my old SVT's they speedo said it could do 160...and people pegged it past that...but physics said they were doing 143 max. That was the absolute limit those cars could go before air drag and all those other fun little factors said, no more. Besides, hitting 180 in a V6 sounds basically impossible unless you have a good sized turbo/supercharger.

could he have meant 180km/h?
There are 2 kinds of people in this world. Those who think they can and those who think they can't. both of them are right.

#128 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

fastest i ever went in a car was 158 mph, GPS verified.

i do not recommend this speed for any reason. it is uncomfortably fast. even in a high performance car with good tires on a track.

#129 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Of course he's talking about KPH. Nobody else except you idiots use that old system of redundant measurements.

#130 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

Of course he's talking about KPH. Nobody else except you idiots use that old system of redundant measurements.

No I got up to 180 MPH in an Audi A4 from 1997. :dodgy:
Of course I'm talking about kilometers.

My speedometer shows 5-10km/h too much, and it went over the 180 mark so I'm guessing somewhere in the 175-180 range.

In Norway you can't change the diameter of your tires more than 5% before you have to have it at a shop and readjust everything. So yeah, my tires are legal and my speeds are accurate. Also, I've used a GPS several times and confirmed the 5-10km/h inaccuracy on my speedometer. Another thing, the recorded top speed of my car, with my engine is 220km/h, so it's more than possible to go 180.

Edited by Nobben #44, 16 February 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#131 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:45 AM

Fastest I've ever gone was kind of unexpected. I was riding in somebody's Volvo (Ew, I know) and he decided randomly to take it up to 110mph when I was in the car. After he slowed down and realized he wouldn't be killing me that day, I almost killed him myself. That was the last time I rode in his car, and I won't be trying that shit again until I'm in the proper environment. That was sketchy as all hell.

#132 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:50 AM

Was it like an old Volvo wagon too?
A buddy of mine got up to 190km/t with an old 740.

#133 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

Was it like an old Volvo wagon too?
A buddy of mine got up to 190km/t with an old 740.

Not a wagon, it was a sedan. Not sure of the year, but it was a 1990-something 850 T5R.

#134 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:49 PM

Well, that's actually one of the not to bad Volvos, it's no S40, but still better than those 240, 740, 940 things.

#135 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:56 PM

Well, that's actually one of the not to bad Volvos, it's no S40, but still better than those 240, 740, 940 things.

Usually you're right. It's not a bad car, but I'm not a fan of Volvo's at all. I think they never really made anything outstanding and they are, for the most part, ugly cars. But this guy didn't take care of his, and the thing is falling apart.

#136 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

Not a Volvo fan myself, except for the S40, that's a cool car.
I'd much rather drive something Japanese or German though.

#137 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,813 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

I do kinda like the Volvo c30's. Fairly nice cars, just have a pretty decent hatch/wagon shape.

#138 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

The C30 isn't too bad either. Volvo has a few okay cars, but most of them looks like dogshit.

#139 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

I've hit 120mph with my hand-me-down Camaro. Not bad for an old v6.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#140 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:18 PM

My speedometer shows 5-10km/h too much, and it went over the 180 mark so I'm guessing somewhere in the 175-180 range.

In Norway you can't change the diameter of your tires more than 5% before you have to have it at a shop and readjust everything. So yeah, my tires are legal and my speeds are accurate. Also, I've used a GPS several times and confirmed the 5-10km/h inaccuracy on my speedometer. Another thing, the recorded top speed of my car, with my engine is 220km/h, so it's more than possible to go 180.

First off doing those speeds on public roads is kinda irresponsible take it to a track it's far cheaper than the ticket fines or jail time. Secondly if ya do the math that top speed of 220km/h equates to 136.7mph so 180mph is questionable. Personally fastest I been is on my current bike cbf600sa is 230km/h (143mph) done on a drag strip speed measured on my gps cause speedo only goes to 220km/h. Fastest I been in a car is 200km/hr (124mph) did that in both a 2004 diesel VW Jetta and a modified 1988 Dodge Shadow ES turbo.

#141 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

First off doing those speeds on public roads is kinda irresponsible take it to a track it's far cheaper than the ticket fines or jail time. Secondly if ya do the math that top speed of 220km/h equates to 136.7mph so 180mph is questionable. Personally fastest I been is on my current bike cbf600sa is 230km/h (143mph) done on a drag strip speed measured on my gps cause speedo only goes to 220km/h. Fastest I been in a car is 200km/hr (124mph) did that in both a 2004 diesel VW Jetta and a modified 1988 Dodge Shadow ES turbo.

Exactly. In addition to the fact that it's unsafe and irresponsible, in most cases going that fast on public roads is scary as hell.

#142 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:42 PM

Do I need to spell it out for you?
I got to 180 Kilometers per hour. Aka 112 miles per hour. <_< Why are you even bringing the mph conversion in here? It's so completely irrelevant I can't even express it enough.

And irresponsible? Well, empty highway at 11PM, so the only person at risk is myself. It's dumb though, that I know.
Why do you think I stopped there and went back down to normal speeds? Tried going fast, and didn't really like it too much, too fucking scary in a car like that.

Edited by Nobben #44, 16 February 2013 - 10:45 PM.

#143 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

Sorry missed the sarcasm in ya prior post my apologies. As for the resposable part I was just saying if ya wanna go fast and test ya car it is FAR safer cheaper to do so at a drag strip or track rather then on public roads no matter we're or when.

#144 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Sorry missed the sarcasm in ya prior post my apologies. As for the resposable part I was just saying if ya wanna go fast and test ya car it is FAR safer cheaper to do so at a drag strip or track rather then on public roads no matter we're or when.

Can't disagree with that last part. But hey, I'm 19, now is the time to be an idiot. ;)

#145 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:59 PM

Can't disagree with that last part. But hey, I'm 19, now is the time to be an idiot. ;)

Yes! but my car can't handle stupidity. It's that lame. I've been saving up for a few years now, so hopefully soon I'll get something new.

#146 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Yes! but my car can't handle stupidity. It's that lame. I've been saving up for a few years now, so hopefully soon I'll get something new.

I'm saving up for something myself. Looking at the Mazda RX-8 especially.

#147 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

Just saw a really nice RX-8 on the way back from the field today. White with flat black accents and a really nice sounding exhaust kit. Too bad it was an automatic :lol:

They're great looking cars, but the rotary engine scares me...

#148 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:28 PM

Just saw a really nice RX-8 on the way back from the field today. White with flat black accents and a really nice sounding exhaust kit. Too bad it was an automatic :lol:

They're great looking cars, but the rotary engine scares me...

What scares you about them? Other than the cost of ownership, they are awesome.

#149 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

What scares you about them? Other than the cost of ownership, they are awesome.

I've never owned one, worked on one, or knew anyone who owned one, they're just completely alien to me. I do all my own mechanic work, so something I can't work on isn't very appealing.

#150 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,110 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:12 PM

bought me some 15x8 6UL wheels for my spyder today. 225/45/15 hankook RS3s already mounted. mmmmmm 2200lbs car with 225 semi-slicks at all four corners .... MMMMMMM

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)