1650 replies to this topic

#1451 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

Just make sure it is 100% warm in the winter, shits going to run richer than bill gates otherwise, that and don't shut it off until it's warmed up or it'll flood
109.gif

#1452 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 03:24 PM

SHEET forgot to tell you guys, got me an '04 RX8 earlier this month.  It's Titanium Gray (Silver), 6 sp Manual, and it only has 56.5K miles on the chassis, just over 5K on the reman engine.  Totally excited to TASTEFULLY mod this car, keep that in mind.  I won't be doing stupid shit to this car because I want to keep it in as good of condition for as long as possible.  Will post some pictures soon.

I'm hoping that after the 2-3 years that I'm planning on taking to bring this car as close to pristine condition as possible, i'm going to start doing some autox.  Bear in mind that I live in ND, there is hardly any racing and/or windy roads to drive on.  Not very fun but i'll be taking this time to learn about the car as much as possible.

start saving for engine replacement.

Yep I know, not TOO worried as I said it had a reman just a few thousand miles ago.  So far compression is in the low 8s so that's good.  Not planning on mucking up this car, I think I know enough about it to take care of it but we will see.  Just need to make sure not to wreck it in the winter.  >_<
Don't flood the engine

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#1453 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 04:29 PM

Yes yes I know, don't worry i've done a lot of reading up about el coche before i purchased it.  Even though I know it's going to be a pain in the ass sometimes, the joy will outweigh that I believe.  The car has turned me into a DIY guy, before I never changed my own oil cause I was too lazy.  It'll be fun.

I still wish I could have gotten my hands on a Z32, they're so awesome looking.

etek.jpg

#1454 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,116 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

ive herd people have good luck with pre-mixing there fuel. alla 2 stroke.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#1455 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Finally got these installed. Now I gotta clean the interior and get some better pictures.
I adjusted the seat after the picture was taken and the driver side is a perfect fit.

10264264_10152198424203315_3536718173862

Yes, these are original 968 Club Sport seats with the same color backs as the car. :D

Edited by Nobben #44, 03 June 2014 - 07:06 PM.

#1456 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:35 PM

That paint match is nice, looks great, how much did they set you back?

#1457 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Holy hell! Scrub those rugs!

Don't Be A Chump! Buy a Pump!

"Oh my god! Zombie Horses! We'd be fucked!"

#1458 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:55 AM

Holy hell! Scrub those rugs!

Trust me dude, they're getting the full treatment. Also, using flash makes them look 100 times worse than they actually are.

They set me back around $1800

#1459 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:01 AM

ive herd people have good luck with pre-mixing there fuel. alla 2 stroke.

Yep, planning on doing that. I would run an adaptor to have 2 stroke oil injected into the engine instead of 4 stroke but that could void my extended warranty so not doin that for now...

Finally got these installed. Now I gotta clean the interior and get some better pictures.
I adjusted the seat after the picture was taken and the driver side is a perfect fit.

10264264_10152198424203315_3536718173862

Yes, these are original 968 Club Sport seats with the same color backs as the car. :D

Those look beautiful and perfect in there. What car is that?

etek.jpg

#1460 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:20 PM

A Porsche 968. Should be interesting with these seats as this is my daily driver.

#1461 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Haha your bum might get a little sore, especially if you're going to use it for longer drives. :P

etek.jpg

#1462 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:34 PM

I can adjust the padding pretty much everywhere on these so we'll see. ;)

#1463 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

What do you guys think of body damage? If it doesn't mess with the performance then is it a big deal? There's a 95 s14 on craigslist for $2500 but there's a dent in the door, the front fender is a different color, and the paint on the hood is chipping. Plus the title is rebuilt but the car works fine (sent video of it running) I don't think it's worth $2500 but maybe he could go down.

#1464 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,917 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

I would pay maybe $1000, preferably like $750, depending on what is wrong with it. If it's rebuilt, has a dent in the door, and has a fender replaced then that means it was wrecked most likely. How bad? Was the engine damaged? Is there something damaged that nobody knows about? How badly was it damaged in the wreck? The number one thing you need to find out is why it has a rebuilt title. Secondly you need to figure what is actually wrong, and figure out how much it would cost to fix. Then you need to tell the guy that at the minimum, he needs to cut his price in half. Even in excellent condition, KBB lists the car at $1900, and since it has a rebuilt title and needs a fair bit of work done to it, I'd be happy getting it for $750.

#1465 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:00 AM

Bingo, biggest issue with rebuilt titles. This car could be running like a champ but for all you know, it could have frame damage that in X years braks while you're driving. That's more of a rare circumstance but happens.

Everything TK said I would follow. And on top of that, I would get the most complete inspection I could afford. That way you have a general idea what is wrong with the car.

As far as body damage in general, if you don't mind having a car that looks like it's a Frankenstein go for it. Obviously you're going to get a few people laughing and staring.

etek.jpg

#1466 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

It's got a rebuilt title, so it's possible it could have looked like this before it was rebuilt.

IMAG0118_zpsf2383de5.jpg

#1467 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Come on TK get a better picture. :P Not nearly enough damage.

etek.jpg

#1468 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:58 PM

Fortunately it still drives and goes, but it'd be a bit of a pain getting into and out of the driver seat. They had the wrench open my door, the front passenger side door, to get my mom out on a backboard. She was driving that when we got t-boned, possibly her fault, possibly not, that's still up in the air. The cop's say it was her fault, but the other guy's insurance company hasn't talked to mom's insurance yet, and they sent us letters saying they want to talk to us, so I think it's still up in the air as to who was actually at fault. But fortunately for us mom was wearing her seat belt and only suffered 8 broken ribs, instead of something life threatening.

IMAG0097_zps2fb31e6f.jpg

Usually there's like a 10" gap between the two front seats, the floor lays flat, and the bucket seat in the second row isn't leaning to the left. Fortunately for us we had removed the back bench and the bucket seat that would've occupied the space behind the driver's seat, because we needed to take stuff to the storage locker. If that seat had been there, my brother would've been sitting it, and it's likely he would've died in the wreck.

That enough damage for you now? ;)

#1469 BiggieCheez

BiggieCheez

TechPB's Cheeziest player of 2014

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:35 PM

Fortunately it still drives and goes, but it'd be a bit of a pain getting into and out of the driver seat. They had the wrench open my door, the front passenger side door, to get my mom out on a backboard. She was driving that when we got t-boned, possibly her fault, possibly not, that's still up in the air. The cop's say it was her fault, but the other guy's insurance company hasn't talked to mom's insurance yet, and they sent us letters saying they want to talk to us, so I think it's still up in the air as to who was actually at fault. But fortunately for us mom was wearing her seat belt and only suffered 8 broken ribs, instead of something life threatening.

IMAG0097_zps2fb31e6f.jpg

Usually there's like a 10" gap between the two front seats, the floor lays flat, and the bucket seat in the second row isn't leaning to the left. Fortunately for us we had removed the back bench and the bucket seat that would've occupied the space behind the driver's seat, because we needed to take stuff to the storage locker. If that seat had been there, my brother would've been sitting it, and it's likely he would've died in the wreck.

That enough damage for you now? ;)

Did they use a KED and a backboard or just the backboard? I would like to know what my other EMT buddies are doing in the country.

Ebay feedback  http://www.ebay.com/usr/biggiecheez

BST Feedback 3/0/0

#1470 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

I'm going with just a backboard, but I have absolutely no idea. There wasn't room in the car for me to watch what they were doing, and I was busy worrying about who would ride with mom in the ambulance to the hospital and what all we needed to get from the car before the wrecker took it. I was too busy with other things to watch the firefighters and just trusted that they knew what they were doing and they had enough guys that they didn't need my help or need me in the way watching over their shoulder.

#1471 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:10 PM

Holy hell, how fast were you hit?

#1472 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Damn dude, reminds me when my dad and I got jackknifed in some industrial area. And I don't out if the car was 30cm closer to the front is be dead
109.gif

#1473 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

Holy hell, how fast were you hit?

Don't know, but the speed limit on the road is like 70, and there weren't any skid marks, and no squealing tires or brakes, so he didn't even try to slow down, which is the part that really confuses me. If I see someone pull out in front of me then I'm putting all my weight on the brake pedal to try and slow down, and I'd leave skid marks for as long as I can, but he didn't. And he also turned towards the direction we were going, because when we got hit we were in the median between the two lanes of traffic, and that's how far up the car he hit is, so he was almost in the opposing lanes of traffic when he hit us, and did end up in the opposing lanes after he hit us.

Diagram_zpsfe918b30.png

The red circle is where we were when we got hit, the black circle is where the other guy ended up, and the green circle is where we ended up. The green circle is so far away because mom was unresponsive after the hit, she was clutching her seatbelt and gasping for air and was totally unresponsive, but her foot was still on the gas so the car was still going. So I grabbed the steering wheel and cranked it as hard over as I could to make us start turning in circles, so we didn't go into oncoming traffic, and we ended up where we did, after I mucked with the gear shifter while panicking, and finally turning off the ignition once I realized I was too freaked out to accurately put the gear shifter into neutral.

#1474 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:33 PM

Holy shit TK, looks way worse on the inside than outside, could have been way worse from the sounds of it.

etek.jpg

#1475 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:11 PM

Yeah, the front seats aren't supposed to be that close together. You can see the remains of the center console we had between the seats, and you can kind of see how wide it used to be.

IMAG0083_zps887d9d26.jpg

That's what my leg looked like 3 days later, most of that is beginning to scar I think, at least the wide gash at the bottom definitely is. Still hasn't healed fully, and it's been almost a month.

#1476 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:35 PM

That looks painful
109.gif

#1477 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:42 AM

Eh, not really, and it barely bled any, which is what I find interesting. When I looked at the first time I expected a lot of blood to be dripping, and there wasn't any. And it stung a little the next morning, but after the wreck I was too pumped up on adrenaline and too worried about mom to feel it at all.

Fortunately that's the extent of my injuries, along with a bit of whiplash and I tweaked my right knee and right shoulder, but those have all since healed. Just waiting for my leg to heal and the scabs to go away, then I'll be back to the way I was, with the addition of some impressive scars.

#1478 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:00 AM

Say they're scars from brushing against a shark when swimming birches love shark related injuries
109.gif

#1479 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:27 PM

Tell them you got it during nam. No one gives a damn about sharks

#1480 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:57 PM

Fuck nam the only good thing about nam were the sharks painted on a select number of Jet's and helicopters
109.gif

#1481 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:14 AM

You always have a witty response

#1482 Forrest99

Forrest99

got that rockin' summer bod

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 395 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Nice purple shag carpet steering wheel cover

Any one with a B2k pds board?

#1483 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

what about my beauty of a car?

heLE7es.jpg

and no.. i totally didn't go to a custom exhuast shop and get the guy to slap on a magnaflow muffler and a big ass tip on a four door cavalier.. i would never do that.

z9SLhCA.jpg

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#1484 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:54 PM

I sincerely hope you didn't actually put a fart can on a Cavalier...

#1485 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

I'd hope he wouldn't actually put any money into a Cavalier. :P

#1486 Zombie Afroshot

Zombie Afroshot

Vroom vroom.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,571 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Do you guys even sleeper wagon?10414928_10201611936695250_3231789383777

Edited by Zombie Afroshot, 10 June 2014 - 11:16 PM.

Posted Image
Feedback4/0/0

#1487 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

So... what's so sleeper about it?

And I don't do street racing so sleeper cars doesn't really interest me that much. In most cases they're powerful cars with shitty suspension that in no way can handle the power they put out.
I saw a guy on the Car Throttle Facebook page who had a 504 whp Civic. He had coilovers on it, that was it. Nothing else, not even tires.

#1488 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,153 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

I'd hope he wouldn't actually put any money into a Cavalier. :P

the old muffler was cracked all the way around and was about to fall off, that and it was making an annoying as hell buzzing sound whever you'd go near the throttle. luckily my cousins uncle owns a custom exhaust shop and did this for a few bucks more than it would have costed to go stock. as a 17 year old, i have no regrets  :P

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 10 Critical Victory. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#1489 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:23 AM

Agreed what is so sleeper about it?  Tell us your secrets.

etek.jpg

#1490 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:07 PM

Theres an intercooler in it. The last owner put a turbo in it a couple thousand miles ago

#1491 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:15 PM

schweet ... just got promoted to an instructor in my autocross club ... woot woot

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#1492 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:06 AM

Uh oh

#1493 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

In other news; Gordons yelling with MCM on there black intercooler video

#1494 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

I saw that video.

#1495 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,751 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

twas interesting...

109.gif

#1496 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

In other news; Gordons yelling with MCM on there black intercooler video

and killing it.

dear lord the car people might actually be dumber than paintball people. didn't think that was possible. nothing really wrong with there test, they just made the wrong conclusion from it.

Edited by cockerpunk, 18 June 2014 - 02:32 PM.

#1497 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

Agreed. Interesting concept but painting the intercooler seemed stupid when airflow is the key. Anodizing would work better, right?

#1498 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:36 AM

probably.

#1499 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:10 PM

i am currently trying to get a miata as my first car so i can turn it into a daily driver i can take to an auto x course but idk what upgrades it will need does anyone know.

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#1500 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,116 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

drive it as is, and then decide what class you want to drive in. the class will determine what mods and upgrades you can or want, or need to install.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users