• Please log in to reply
1650 replies to this topic

#201 elraido

elraido

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 PM

Just picked up a 2011 Ford Fusion SE with the 3.0L Duratec. Not bad for a DD. Decent gas milage, decent power, just missing the 3rd pedal. I don't understand Ford at times. The only way to get a Fusion with a manual is to get the 4 cyl. My SVT contours were all V6 5 speeds....and they were a blast to drive. Now the only way to get a V6 with a manual is in a Mustang. Not enough room and not enough doors for me. 300 ponies in rwd platform with 30+ mpg isn't anything to sneeze at. I was thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis close on getting a 2006 Charger fully loaded with a HEMI. Too many miles on it though.

#202 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 03:24 PM

Shoulda got the Charger.

#203 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,117 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:17 PM

charger doesn't come in manual at all. have to buy a challenger and its whole 3,900 fat ass.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#204 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

Challengers aren't all they are cracked up to be, want to drag race it on the weekends? Good luck getting around the governors. Just want to cruise? Unless you're about 6'6" this thing is not going to feel right. Want to autocross it? Good luck with 3900 pounds and a good bit of torque. Needless to say I'm not a fan of the challengers.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#205 PaintballWill

PaintballWill

Team Coco

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:27 AM

I kill somebody straight up for a Rolls Royce Phantom. I swear to god, that is the sexiest car ever made.

too flash for me lol. as far as the sexiest ever made? Ford GT, not the best car ever but its starting to be my favorite. and i hate all american cars

Edited by PaintballWill, 21 March 2013 - 11:28 AM.

#206 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:36 PM

The classic GT, I agree 100%

#207 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

I love the classic lines of the Shelby GT350 Mustang. I like the sound lighter weight and freer spinning small block of the 289 mill to the GT500s big block.

That being said I think when speaking beautiful cars one can't forget to mention one of if not the greatest the Jaguar E-Type.

Edited by TinyBear, 21 March 2013 - 01:48 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#208 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:12 PM

charger doesn't come in manual at all. have to buy a challenger and its whole 3,900 fat ass.

You can either do a trans swap, or put in a reverse manual valve body. Not quite a stick, but it's still fun. Also some of the chargers have paddle shifters. I think paddles are silly, but some people like them.

Challengers aren't all they are cracked up to be, want to drag race it on the weekends? Good luck getting around the governors. Just want to cruise? Unless you're about 6'6" this thing is not going to feel right. Want to autocross it? Good luck with 3900 pounds and a good bit of torque. Needless to say I'm not a fan of the challengers.

Other than how they look, they are kinda disappointing. I love Dodge, but they could have done so much more with the Challenger. The governors are way too restrictive, and who cares about autocross in a challenger. If you try to do autocross in a challenger, you're doing it wrong. They are rumored to bring back the Barracuda, it should be smaller, lighter, and it's rumored to come with a supercharged 6.2L Hemi standard.

As far as the 6'6" comment, that's just not true. And the governors can be deactivated with a bit of knowhow.

#209 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:44 PM

I might have a guy who wants to trade a '83 944 for my Audi A4.
Let's see how this goes.

#210 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 03:58 PM

I want to find one of these so bad... Make it a DD and get all dem hoez

Posted Image

#211 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

isn't that an old Datsun 280?

#212 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

Yes! :lol:

#213 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,117 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:09 PM

for some reason i have the worst desire to get an old fairlady Z and go storm chasing in it.

i have no idea why. sometimes i get genius level ideas like that.
The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

#214 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:10 PM

I'd love me one of those.
Or a late 90's Datsun 300ZX.

Yes I'm aware it's called Nissan now, but Datsun sounds better. :P

#215 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:22 PM

Man the 300zx's are hideous.

#216 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

You're hideous! :dodgy:

I think they're gorgeous.
Posted Image

Edited by Nobben #44, 21 March 2013 - 06:38 PM.

#217 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,117 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

300Z really got away from the entire idea of cheap small light sports car, and turned the Z car into a GT.

240Z is supposed to be the best of the old fairlady Zs. straight six, manual transmission, RWD with fully independent rear suspension ... its a good formula.

Edited by cockerpunk, 21 March 2013 - 06:45 PM.

#218 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:53 PM

I still like the 300Z, it's a good platform to work with and basically thrash on a track.

One of these days I need to go test drive an Evo so I can perhaps buy one before they stop producing them altogether. lol

#219 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

Lol so how many here are avid watchers of Top Gear and not the crappy American knock off the British original. I bloody love that show own bunch of seasons on DVD. Personal favorite episode is the Vietnam special. Friggen hilarious and makes me wana do that kinda trip. Fly some place plop down $1000 on cheap transport and go see the country. Fix when it breaks and just have a laugh.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#220 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Lol so how many here are avid watchers of Top Gear and not the crappy American knock off the British original. I bloody love that show own bunch of seasons on DVD. Personal favorite episode is the Vietnam special. Friggen hilarious and makes me wana do that kinda trip. Fly some place plop down $1000 on cheap transport and go see the country. Fix when it breaks and just have a laugh.

I watch it religiously. I haven't seen as much of the new ones, but I've seen just about all of the older ones. I also watch the American one, it's not as good, but I watch it because I can't get enough Top Gear. :lol:

#221 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:07 PM

Personal favorite episode is the Vietnam special

Mine too! My favorite part is where Clarkson is driving his Vespa in the rain and shouting that he's the most miserable man in the world :D Haven't really been keeping up with the last few seasons unfortunately.
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#222 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

Rx7 dump
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#223 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:58 PM

I dont like Foust the fat one or who ever the other guy is TopGear is Hammond May and Clarkson
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#224 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,117 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 08:38 AM

my favorite episode is the britsh roadsters one.

#225 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Some kid that lives down the street from me has a 800hp rx7 sleeper. With the good closes, it looks completely stock... He hasn't changed a thing externally, even opting to keep the stock rims. He called me over to help him solve some timing issues one day, and I was pleasantly surprised to see what he had done. Come to think of it, I haven't seen it in awhile, but he does have a FRS parked out front, hopefully he didn't get rid of it/ total it. Lol

#226 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:27 PM

My favorite Top Gear is the cheap Porsches one. A cheap 928 should have "It's a trap!" written all over it.

The one with the Alfa Romeos is pretty great too, what with the hand-driven water pump towards the end.

I genuinely enjoy TG:USA. I really like Rutledge Wood and the other hosts to a lesser extent, and they come up with some good show ideas, even if they rip off old UK episodes.

As far as RX7s go, I was gung-ho on selling mine, but now I am swinging back to plopping her in my garage and getting the old girl running again.

#227 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:35 PM

One of my favorites was where they went ice racing, "what is this ____box? A Morris?".

or, earlier on in the episode where Jeremy threw Hammond's t-top off the side of the mountain.

Last but not least we can't forget the episode where they turned the cars into campers.

#228 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

So everyone, what's you guy's all time favorite looking car?

#229 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:16 PM

I have to narrow it down to one? I don't know if I can do that, there's so many.

#230 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:55 PM

Well, just post up your favorite 5 or something.
No way I could narrow it to one either. :P
There's like 3 Porshces on my top 5 list.

#231 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:08 PM

I dunno if I could list most of them in a particular order. I love the Carrera, there's a bunch of Porsches I love... The LFA, Ferrari has a few models that I actually like, Audi, Lamborghini, the Ford GT. I love the lines of so many cars.

Oh and the SLS is beautiful.

#232 SilentButDeadly

SilentButDeadly

I <3 old guns

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

Zonda F Roadster... :wub:
As seen on: PBreview IOG

#233 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

Nissan GT-R and Ford GT and GT40 Ferrari F50 Mercedas SLR and SLS Caterham 7 Morgan Aero
Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#234 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:28 PM

Top 5? I'll give you 6.
1. 1978 Porsche 930 (911 Turbo)
2. 1969 Corvette C-3 Stingray with the side mounted exhausts and the ZL1 7.0L big block....
3. 2013 Lotus Exige S
4. 2008 Audi TTS quattro
5. 2009 Volkswagen GTI
6. 1970 El Camino SS

#235 ShadowZero

ShadowZero

Karma Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,235 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:30 PM

Goddamn. Mini Rant INBOUND. (Car related)

I've been driving around a 1981 El Camino. My parents have told me it is costing them too much money. (gas and insurance at least) so they opted to get me a new car. This was back in November of last year and I still haven't gotten this new car. We cannot all agree on one car it seems. For example, My dad and I really like the RX8. My mom says "No, that is a performance car, and you'll flip it and die." Out the window with that idea. I really like a car that is somewhat rare, a 240sx Silvia. Mom likes it (but she doesn't like the RX8? wut.) Dad doesn't like it. "Too much on insurance." Considering the value of the car diminished quite greatly, I don't see how it is. Audi TT Quattro. Same story as the RX8. Now we're at the Subaru Wrx. We all like this car. But the price... :(

That being said, I found a Wrx bug eye with 117k miles in our price range. Anyone know about Transmission problems with Subarus? My friend is telling me the Transmission will be going out pretty soon. Also, I've heard Subarus are good at making it to the 250k mileage mark without many problems. The guy has probably beaten the car up, however, physically, it is very clean. Just a few scrapes on the front bumper which wouldn't cost too much to fix.

-My YouTube (More Videos To Come Soon!)

Set-Up: Marq Rapper, Dye Rotor, Ninja 68/45

Be a Brick Wall, Don't Break Down

#236 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

71' challenger is my dream car, makes me have wet dreams at night

.I never know what to put in these things.

#237 The_Economist

The_Economist

It's business time.

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,363 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Most beautiful:
E-Type Jag
FD RX7
Early C3 Corvette
Lotus Elan

#238 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

I'd say these:
1991 Porsche 944 S2
1994 Porsche 964 Turbo(911)
2013 Porsche Cayman S
2010 Mercedes SL65 AMG Black Series
2012 Audi S5

They're not in order or anything. Just the 5 cars I can say I like the most right now in looks.

Edited by Nobben #44, 24 March 2013 - 12:56 PM.

#239 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• 8,824 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:57 PM

I took a SL65 AMG-Black on the autobahn for a high speed cruise. ;)

#240 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

:o
That had to be awesome, that thing is built to be a beast.

I wanna take a Porsche 911 around the Nurburgring.

#241 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

Goddamn. Mini Rant INBOUND. (Car related)

I've been driving around a 1981 El Camino. My parents have told me it is costing them too much money. (gas and insurance at least) so they opted to get me a new car. This was back in November of last year and I still haven't gotten this new car. We cannot all agree on one car it seems. For example, My dad and I really like the RX8. My mom says "No, that is a performance car, and you'll flip it and die." Out the window with that idea. I really like a car that is somewhat rare, a 240sx Silvia. Mom likes it (but she doesn't like the RX8? wut.) Dad doesn't like it. "Too much on insurance." Considering the value of the car diminished quite greatly, I don't see how it is. Audi TT Quattro. Same story as the RX8. Now we're at the Subaru Wrx. We all like this car. But the price... :(

That being said, I found a Wrx bug eye with 117k miles in our price range. Anyone know about Transmission problems with Subarus? My friend is telling me the Transmission will be going out pretty soon. Also, I've heard Subarus are good at making it to the 250k mileage mark without many problems. The guy has probably beaten the car up, however, physically, it is very clean. Just a few scrapes on the front bumper which wouldn't cost too much to fix.

I imagine insurance on the el camino would be less than like the RX8. You should also be paying for you own gas.

I would opt to keep the el camino (one of my all time favorite vehicles). I dont imagine you would have the newer car long enough for it to pay for itself in gas and insurance cost.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#242 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Just get your own car, I did.

Get the summer tires on my Audi. Looks better now. :D
Posted Image

#243 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:28 PM

:o
That had to be awesome, that thing is built to be a beast.

I wanna take a Porsche 911 around the Nurburgring.

This is what I want to take around the Nurburgring. I don't care what anybody says, this car is the 3rd fastest production, street legal car to do it.

Posted Image

#244 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:40 PM

Get Sabine Schmitz in the newest 911 GT3 and she'll take down that time.

She did just over 10 minutes in a Ford Transit for crying out loud.

Edited by Nobben #44, 24 March 2013 - 05:41 PM.

#245 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

I dunno, the Viper ACR did it in 7:12.13, and the nearest Porsche to that time was the 911 GT2 RS, and it did a 7:24, and the GT3 IIRC did a 7:40. Say what you want, but a 7:12.13 is fast, and a 12 second improvement is a lot to ask.

#246 -Taz-

-Taz-

Mahna Mahna!

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,136 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:03 PM

ohai! Check out my new rig :D

Posted Image
Don't Be A Chump! Buy a Pump!

"Oh my god! Zombie Horses! We'd be fucked!"

#247 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

I dunno, the Viper ACR did it in 7:12.13, and the nearest Porsche to that time was the 911 GT2 RS, and it did a 7:24, and the GT3 IIRC did a 7:40. Say what you want, but a 7:12.13 is fast, and a 12 second improvement is a lot to ask.

Those times are with a few year old models I believe. And I'd say Sabine might cut down a few seconds with the same car.

And truth be told I wouldn't really ever drive a Viper. Anywhere. The roof looks like someone failed very hard at something and didn't bother fixing it.
Though, I can't argue with it's performance.

#248 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

the lack of traction control and cool stuff like that kills the viper for me.

#249 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

Check out the 2013 Viper. They brought it back, and it's so much better than the previous generations.

#250 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 08:15 PM

Meh I'll stick with my old cars :)

.I never know what to put in these things.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users