• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:30 AM

My friend is getting into paintball and he has everything but a good gun.... He wants the extcy..... Should I tell him to spend the extra money to get a etha?

#2 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:34 AM

No, I'd take an extcy over an Etha any day...

#3 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'd take the Extcy too.

Edited by K_SodPb, 16 January 2013 - 11:46 AM.

#4 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:50 AM

I don't know to much about the eXtcy, but, I do have the Etha and I think it's a great gun. It's super simple to use, very easy to maintain, and it's really durable. Plus planeteclipse customer service is really good, I've had my gun for over a year and have not had a problem with it once.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

My friend is getting into paintball and he has everything but a good gun.... He wants the extcy..... Should I tell him to spend the extra money to get a etha?

What mask, tank, and loader does he have?

#6 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 12:57 PM

Invert too.... Jt proflex..... Empire 68/4500

#7 K_SodPb

K_SodPb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'd suggest getting the Extcy and spending the rest on a really good mask (Eflex, I4, whatever fits your friend best).

Edited by K_SodPb, 16 January 2013 - 01:29 PM.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:37 PM

Invert too.... Jt proflex..... Empire 68/4500

That's a good setup; I would tell your friend to either buy an Extcy new or a used Axe.

#9 Matrixrail_Louie

Matrixrail_Louie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:55 PM

YEah the Extcy is just as good as the etha
Posted Image

2012 Proto Reflex Rail & Empire z2 for sale- http://www.techpb.co...0

#10 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:58 PM

I don't know to much about the eXtcy, but, I do have the Etha and I think it's a great gun. It's super simple to use, very easy to maintain, and it's really durable. Plus planeteclipse customer service is really good, I've had my gun for over a year and have not had a problem with it once.

So your marker has never had a problem, then how did you end up dealing with P.E.'s customer service? Don't mean to come off as a jerk but a lot of people go right to P.E. having the best customer service. They have very good customer service (I have used it) but personally I have had the best CS experience with GoG/DLX. As far as which marker to choose I would go with the Etha, I think you get more bang for your buck.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,030 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

So your marker has never had a problem, then how did you end up dealing with P.E.'s customer service? Don't mean to come off as a jerk but a lot of people go right to P.E. having the best customer service. They have very good customer service (I have used it) but personally I have had the best CS experience with GoG/DLX. As far as which marker to choose I would go with the Etha, I think you get more bang for your buck.

PE sent out springless poppet kits to everyone that had their marker registered whether or not they were having problems.

#12 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

I use an etha and I love it..... I've never shot the extcy though.... That's why I started this thread I new the etha was a great marker already though..... It's never given me problems

#13 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

PE sent out springless poppet kits to everyone that had their marker registered whether or not they were having problems.

It was because of that ( sending out the spring less poppit ) that makes me think their customer service is great. You are right thou, I should have said IMO about the customer service.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users