14 replies to this topic

#1 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi,
Im pretty much new to the sport and want to put some money into paintball. So i been watching Mike's vids and do some research. And i also look around of ansgear.com alot and i found this set up.
Mask: V-Force Armor
Hopper: Invert Too
Gun: Azodin Kaos
Tank: 48/3000 Ninja Al. Tank (only till i can go to 50/4500)
Please give me your opinion and if there is any other better gun for about 100 i could get.

#2 GeezusPB

GeezusPB

Stud Muffin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

Definitely save up for a better mask. A great mask for $60 is the JT Proflex. Also, skip the kaos and look into a GoG eNMey

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,802 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I second the gog, plus a used superloader (rotor, Z2, spire) instead of the invert too and a used carbon fiber tank but what you have now is good too if that's out of your price range.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 16 January 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

Definitely get a better mask like the JT Proflex or the Vforce profilers for better protection. If you can buy used get a used superloader (spire, rotor, z2, pinokio). Id take the gog enmy over the kaos. As for tanks, try to find a nice used carbon fiber tank. If you can't, the 48 3k should do. Does your field offer all day fills? If they do then you should be fine.

#5 The Don

The Don

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'll also say skip the 47/3k and get a used carbon fiber 45/4500 or 68/4500

as for the loader I'd say go with a used vlocity they go for around 30-40 dollars and feed 25 bps (which im sure you will not be shooting)

for the gun I'll stand by azodin on this one, every gun i have used from them seemed to be great for the money. They require little to no maintance and are decently reliable.

#6 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Its a fine setup. If you end up getting deep into paintball give this setup to a friend and get better gear. That way your not stuck with stuff your not going to use. Best case you'll end up with better gear, know how to use it, and take care of it, and you'll have a friend balling with you.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Get a high end mask, then get a nice gun like a gog enmey.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 jsg_nado

jsg_nado

I'm a bird motha f**ka I'm a bird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM

The kaos is a great starter gun, but I strongly advise buying a used velocity/halo instead of a new invert too. Also, don't buy a vforce vantage they are honestly terrible masks, it was my first mask and I hated it. Try a sly annex instead

Edited by jsg_nado, 17 January 2013 - 07:11 PM.

GoGo 13 Proudly Sponsored by PaintballGateway, KM, AlmostFamous, APX, Thump Barrels and Camp Pendleton Paintball
Marq7 For Sale
01010000 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110100 01100010 01100001 01101100 01101100 Not a programmer? Oh. Never mind.

#9 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

The GOG ENMEY is nice, but the SP Vibe, or its newer counter part the Envy are also nice options. Azodin also makes the Blitz which is a good gun, but not a lot of ups for it. I'm pretty sure there is someone offering a up'd Vibe on the BST for a pretty low price.

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,023 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I'd get the GoG eNMEy, the loader is good, and do not get the V-force Armor. I had a pair for a while as a loaner mask, and it was horrible. It has rubber, not foam, and it's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had the displeasure of strapping to my face. Get the most expensive mask you can, nothing under 50 bucks. If you don't you'll only regret the decision. And skip the 3000 tank and just save up to get the 4500, it will take longer but in the end you will be spending less money.

#11 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:16 PM

I'd get the GoG eNMEy, the loader is good, and do not get the V-force Armor. I had a pair for a while as a loaner mask, and it was horrible. It has rubber, not foam, and it's the most uncomfortable thing I've ever had the displeasure of strapping to my face. Get the most expensive mask you can, nothing under 50 bucks. If you don't you'll only regret the decision. And skip the 3000 tank and just save up to get the 4500, it will take longer but in the end you will be spending less money.

Couldn't have said it better myself

#12 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:19 AM

While the Kaos would be good, the GOG enmey would be better.
If the GOG Enmey wasn't around then yeah get the Kaos. But the Enmey is here so get the Enmey.

#13 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:05 PM

get a better mask, i wouldn't recommend proflexes because of how soft they are if you get hit in the mouth your going to get all of it. there is no cushion from stuff like that with the proflex.

Lulzjustacat.png

#14 dertydood

dertydood

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

Definitely get a better mask like the JT Proflex or the Vforce profilers for better protection. If you can buy used get a used superloader (spire, rotor, z2, pinokio). Id take the gog enmy over the kaos. As for tanks, try to find a nice used carbon fiber tank. If you can't, the 48 3k should do. Does your field offer all day fills? If they do then you should be fine.

Nah dude, Grillz are amazing. I own a pair and it's by far the best mask I've ever tried on.
Swap my Ego 11 parts! OG green for white, black, silver etc.... http://www.techpb.co...1

My feedback- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217960-

#15 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:17 PM

Nah dude, Grillz are amazing. I own a pair and it's by far the best mask I've ever tried on.

I also agree. the proflexes are THE best for what you pay for///

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users