• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I was wondering which of these you thought was the best im looking at getting a new highend and price is not a big factor. The field nearest me shoots demons and ive become a fan of the 2013's however i was wondering how they stacked up against the dm13 and geo. Thanks in advance.

#2 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Well they'll be way more efficient than both of them. Smoothness maybe the same if not better. I'd say go with the demon since everyone shoots them. This way if something is wrong you can ask almost anyone

#3 madsnipes

madsnipes

TechPB's Jailbot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,038 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:03 PM

Well they'll be way more efficient than both of them. Smoothness maybe the same if not better. I'd say go with the demon since everyone shoots them. This way when something is wrong you can ask almost anyone

flameshield up
Posted Image

#32 "Dusty" of the Devil Dogs. Give us a like if you want - Devil Dogs Paintball

TechPBsig_zpsbc0cb057.jpg

#4 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

with the new 2013 internals are there still as many problems?

#5 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:36 PM

I was wondering which of these you thought was the best im looking at getting a new highend and price is not a big factor. The field nearest me shoots demons and ive become a fan of the 2013's however i was wondering how they stacked up against the dm13 and geo. Thanks in advance.

Well the dm13 is pretty much a dm12 with some minor cosmetic changes, which is still very similar to the dm11 and dm10. in other words, if you shot those, you should have a pretty good idea of how they work.

well i will start by saying i have not personally shot these newest versions but her is my opinion anyway from looking at review and such.

Demon:
I have heard of the previous versions having certain problems and unnecessary malfunctions here and there from a friend of mine who is sponsored by them. they aren't known to be as reliable or high quality as the dm or the geo. for this reason, i would not choose the demon but that is my personal opinion not having shot these markers.

DM Vs. Geo:
The DM will definitely have a softer shot, although not by much. The geo will have an only slightly harder shot.
For the general design, I like the geo better because it is less complicated. less complicated guns means easier maintenance and more reliable. i also dont like how the dm can let in a little extra dirt since it has the window but thats nit picking and unimportant.
theyre efficiency is very similar so dont worry about that. dm gets only fraction of a pod less than geo, although the geo might even be more efficient with some tuning.
i have always loved the grips for dye guns more than any other brand so for feel in the hand, i would give it to the dm.
for weight theyre is only a difference of a couple onces, the dm being heavier, but thats not really a factor
For packaging, I prefer the Geo, Planet Eclipse probably has my favorite packing of all the paintball companies.

Conclusion:
Go for the DM13 if you want a slightly higher quality shot and you like to tinker with your guns to make them perfect, you wont be disappointed.
Go for the Geo 3 if you want a reliable high end gun with high end packaging with a slightly worse feel in the hands, go for the Geo.

I personally am a Dye fan and would probably go with the DM because I love tinkering with my guns and experimenting but if I didn't tinker with my guns, I would probably go with the Geo.

Choose whichever fits your needs best, and most importantly, you should try to buy the gun from a local field where they might let you try it out before you buy, even if they only allow a few shots in the range. also you may want to consider a luxe, they are probably the best feeling gun out there, I would put them in a category of what a dm would be like if they had an even more luxurious model. a couple problems here and there making it slightly less reliable but it has an amazing shot and feel.

#6 TJO

TJO

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

i might look into the luxe i just remember playing a tournament in chilly weather. most teams shot evil as it was fpo. and two seperate luxes were literally oozing out paint couldnt get an actual ball to come out.

#7 soccer72727

soccer72727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:57 PM

i might look into the luxe i just remember playing a tournament in chilly weather. most teams shot evil as it was fpo. and two seperate luxes were literally oozing out paint couldnt get an actual ball to come out.

With it being cold and all, I wouldn't judge they're performance on that tournament. They're have been quite a few professional tournaments that have been won by teams playing with only luxes. and like i said, try to find a way to shoot them before you buy them, maybe by asking a team member or just some other random paintballer if you could take a few shots with they're gun. I did that with my g6r and fell in love with it, but thats my personal preference.

#8 mustangs

mustangs

"Everyone has a plan, until they get hit in the face"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

with the new 2013 internals are there still as many problems?

Not like they were having. Least not the usual problems like fsdo, bolt stick, and qev problems. I only mean problems like you normally have with a gun

Well they'll be way more efficient than both of them. Smoothness maybe the same if not better. I'd say go with the demon since everyone shoots them. This way when something is wrong you can ask almost anyone

flameshield up
Posted Image

Flame shield up? Lol don't get the concept

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users