Photo

MacDev Drone DX Board / PSP Mode update!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

This is GREAT news for MacDev Drone users!!!

If you remember the review I did on the Drone DX, I commented on the "ramping" mode being a bit noncompetitive for PSP play. Well MacDev listened!

They are now releasing a firmware update on their guns. Going forward, all new guns will have this new mode, and it looks like they are working on a way to "flash" the older boards to include the PSP mode.

This is awesome, because the PSP mode is a very powerful, must have firemode if you compete in tournaments.

Video of the review, the comments I made about the board are towards the end of the video-

It's one of the things I love about my job. I give honest reviews, the companies listen, they make small changes and the players and customers ultimately win in the end!!!! GREAT JOB MACDEV!!!!!!!!!! CAN'T WAIT TO TEST OUT THE NEW BOARD!!!

#2 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,051 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 PM

yeah i saw that on facebook yesterday and the first thing i thought was "MacDev must watch Mikes videos"

#3 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

yeah i saw that on facebook yesterday and the first thing i thought was "MacDev must watch Mikes videos"

If they want an honest review on their product, they will!!!

I've always been a huge fan of MacDev, I'm excited for this update!!!

Also... rumor is they are redesigning their trigger for 2013 too.....

#4 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 PM

The power of TechPB. :lol:

Good news though. :tup:

#5 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

if you only knew what else is coming down the pipes........ ;)

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#6 TECHDP=)

TECHDP=)

I'm never online anymore.

• Players Club
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

Oh I know. I need to start saving now !

#7 thomas taylor fan 77

thomas taylor fan 77

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:25 PM

So does this mean the drone dxs are going continue to be made the same but they are just going to add a new board feature or will they be making a new gun to go with it too?

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,310 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:35 PM

Wouldn't happen to be a new Cyborg, would it?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:59 PM

Quick!Someone get Stick over here to talk shit about it! :P

#10 Panda Man

Panda Man

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,315 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:56 PM

well I'm convinced, macdev will earn my dollar again.

fix that strange spongy trigger and i will join the cult gathering

#11 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Love my Macdevs, such underrated guns. But I've been cheating on my Droid lol.

#12 Funk21

Funk21

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:40 PM

I know this saying gets thrown around alot but "I was speaking to a friend" who mentioned that they are working on better grips that will be released on the new Borg and will be compatible with the Clone GT and VX. I think if they do this with a new updated trigger and we might have hands down the best spoolie on the market. Regardless Macdev makes great markers and it seems they are making a concerted effort to listen to consumers, good on them. More companies should be like them!!!

Edited by Funk21, 17 January 2013 - 11:44 PM.

Red/Grey Clone VX & Warped Sportz Dark Ego11 Black/Purple
Guerrilla 4500/70 CI
Black Rotor

#13 Hebiki

Hebiki

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,220 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

funny someone mentioned the trigger...... i never had an issue with the trigger (since playing PSP burst, my trigger is really not that important to me)...then i tried to play semi....and i was about as coordinated as Rosie O'Donnell skating on an outdoor skating rink with 50mph winds.... i went with the VP trigger and i did feel a difference. :)

you'd be surprised at the power of social media ;) ask nicely and you might receive. ;)

Posted Image
Professional Web & Graphic Designer | Web Development

Converting your ideas into a graphic reality and giving it a web presence - Contact me | Facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,856 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:04 PM

Are the triggers on the Clone and Drone the same trigger?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 18 January 2013 - 02:05 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#15 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:24 PM

I'm pretty they are.

#16 L_x

L_x

Alex

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:01 PM

Triggers are all personal preference though. You try to please the majority, and live with the knowledge that the minority can purchase aftermarket triggers if they really don't like it.

I personally love the GT's trigger, in my opinion G6R's and Clone's are the best feeling / easiest markers to shoot in semi auto.

Alex Hodge
www.hodge.co.nz | Find me on Facebook!
Freelance Paintball Product Designer

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for, nor do I represent these companies.

#17 RealtorTommy

RealtorTommy

Elite Member

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,361 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Freaking love me some MacDev!

#18 PieCars

PieCars

Time to nut up or shut up

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

Sweet! I just got a drone dx and this was the only downside i saw to it (and of course the trigger, but i can get used to that). I'll be waiting for that upgrade :D

My Feedback 4/0/0

#19 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:23 PM

Triggers are all personal preference though. You try to please the majority, and live with the knowledge that the minority can purchase aftermarket triggers if they really don't like it.

I gotta disagree with ya a bit Alex on this one. Trigger SHAPE is preference, but trigger DESIGN is not.

There are certain characteristics, that make a well designed trigger very pleasant to pull, even though you may not like the actual shape.

Things such as -

* "extended inner raceway" ball bearings, so that the trigger doesn't rub on the inside of the trigger well. Look at a G6R Trigger, how frictionless that is compared to a shocker SFT/NXT trigger. Check out the pic below. The middle bearing has extended inner raceways, this way you can tighten the trigger down, and it still won't rub against the trigger well, dragging and slowing down the trigger

Posted Image

* Good adjustments on the post travel, pre travel, spring tension, activation point. Look at a Geo 2.1's trigger, how well it's designed versus a DM trigger. The DM's adjustments are terrible, the springs are ALWAYS too stiff, and the conical screws tend to wiggle inside of the threading, moving the points of adjustment. Also, the DM has no activation point screw, it's fixed

* Pivot point - the natural angle of the hand/knuckles is a 45 degree angle, and the plane is usually from the player's forehead through the trigger guard and pointed at the ground. Pivot points that are in front of the trigger (Evil Pimp) instead of BEHIND the trigger (Alias Intimidator) tend to be slower shooting guns, because your middle finger needs to travel much father to get the pull. You miss alot of pulls

* Trigger Edge - most people don't pull the trigger straight back, they press it from the side. Having a trigger that is rounded a little bit (Geo 3 / Ego 11) versus a trigger with sharp edges (Clone/Drone) feels alot more comfortable when pulling the trigger.

If a $450 Axe can have an amazing trigger, no reason any other gun that costs more shouldn't have it either. Triggers are EXTREMELY important in my opinion, if the gun has a shitty feeling trigger out of the box, everything just tends to go downhill from there.

#20 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

First after Mike

Couldn't resist :D

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#21 REDEMPTION on TechPB

REDEMPTION on TechPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

In 2013, MacDev will be releasing a major upgrade for the successful Clone GT platform. This new level of technology will give MacDev users access to what will certainly be the most advanced paintball electronics package ever released.

The new GTi electronics system features a brand new high performance microprocessor, and ram chips to handle the new advanced sensing system exclusive to the Clone GTi (patent pending). The GTi will have an on board speaker for tones, and a full colour OLED for graphics, both of which will be user adjustable. Bluetooth expansion and on board USB will give a range of communication options, which combined with free rolling firmware updates will ensure that your MacDev marker is always ahead of the game.

For all you loyal GT customers, please feel secure. We have considered you in this update. If you have purchased a Clone GT, you will be able to upgrade to a GTi, a fair and reasonable scheme to facilitate this process will be devised. You can safely buy a Clone GT tomorrow knowing that you will be looked after at the time of GTi release.

More info to come soon.

[Image: 539648_601393919874184_1126307364_n_zps46e52a59.jpg]

The first live demonstration will be in Europe Feb 16th at the MAXS open house event http://www.maxs-sport.com / http://www.facebook.com/maxssport, the second live demonstration will be at the Paintball Extravaganza in the USA.

96028648935542031278.png

#22 nwerth1988

nwerth1988

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 156 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thank God! Now I'm more inclined to pick one these up.

#23 crPaliza

crPaliza

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:40 PM

:tup:

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users