• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Truu Chainzz

Truu Chainzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

I have some extra money around and i thought i should upgrade a few things. What would be a good choice to upgrade on this gun first? Any opinions welcome

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Nothing, don't bother, its a waste of money.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:49 PM

I have an Etek 3 and I upgraded it because I like to "customize" shit, do what ever the hell you want to your own marker. Anyway, first thing I would upgrade is a new barrel. I hate that the stock barrel is .693 so I bought a Deadly Winds Fibur barrel & a full freak set. Then from there I upgraded to a Zick 2 kit (the best upgrade you can get for the etek 3). Then I got the TechT Hush Bolt (not completely necessary but helps with efficiency a bit). From there I purchased an APE OLED Board because I am incompetent and the LED board just annoyed me (then purchased Storm Trooper SPD grips). Then I bought a Violent Series scythe trigger (awesome by the way). Then I got a POPS ASA for the hell of it and a new all metal sprocket style feed neck since my other one broke diving over the snake :P. From there I thought "why the hell not just fully upgrade this thing" so I bought a Violent Series SL3 regulator and BOOM... fully upgraded. Choose what you want for your Etek 3, after a lot of research I chose these things and I did it because I wanted to. Have fun doing it and don't let anyone hate on you bro. Hell, I get a shit ton of positive comments about my etek 3 and so will you. Keep Ballin!

Edited by LegionPB, 17 January 2013 - 08:53 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#4 Truu Chainzz

Truu Chainzz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:02 PM

I have an Etek 3 and I upgraded it because I like to "customize" shit, do what ever the hell you want to your own marker. Anyway, first thing I would upgrade is a new barrel. I hate that the stock barrel is .693 so I bought a Deadly Winds Fibur barrel & a full freak set. Then from there I upgraded to a Zick 2 kit (the best upgrade you can get for the etek 3). Then I got the TechT Hush Bolt (not completely necessary but helps with efficiency a bit). From there I purchased an APE OLED Board because I am incompetent and the LED board just annoyed me (then purchased Storm Trooper SPD grips). Then I bought a Violent Series scythe trigger (awesome by the way). Then I got a POPS ASA for the hell of it and a new all metal sprocket style feed neck since my other one broke diving over the snake :P. From there I thought "why the hell not just fully upgrade this thing" so I bought a Violent Series SL3 regulator and BOOM... fully upgraded. Choose what you want for your Etek 3, after a lot of research I chose these things and I did it because I wanted to. Have fun doing it and don't let anyone hate on you bro. Hell, I get a shit ton of positive comments about my etek 3 and so will you. Keep Ballin!

You my friend just answered all of my questions. lol i thank you times 100000

#5 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Or you could just sell your Etek and buy an Ego 11 with all that money...

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#6 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Yeah, but if I bought an Ego I wouldn't upgrade anything on it... except for a Violent trigger... love those things. Its like this; people upgrade civics so they can be fast/look cool/whatevs but people don't upgrade lambos because they are already fast/look cool/ect... Same concept in a way. Glad I could help you out tho broski, the etek is a great gun, and those who say it hurts their petite sensitive ears can go get an Axe... hahahaha :tup:

Edited by LegionPB, 18 January 2013 - 11:12 AM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

Yeah, but if I bought an Ego I wouldn't upgrade anything on it... except for a Violent trigger... love those things. Its like this; people upgrade civics so they can be fast/look cool/whatevs but people don't upgrade lambos because they are already fast/look cool/ect... Same concept in a way. Glad I could help you out tho broski, the etek is a great gun, and those who say it hurts their petite sensitive ears can go get an Axe... hahahaha :tup:

Why would you care enough about what people think of your gun to get upgrades? Also, to use your analogy the Civic with spoiler, rims, etc. will still never be close to the performance of a Lambo (although comparing to a Honda race team car would be more accurate).

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 January 2013 - 11:26 AM.

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 03:26 PM

Why would you care enough about what people think of your gun to get upgrades? Also, to use your analogy the Civic with spoiler, rims, etc. will still never be close to the performance of a Lambo (although comparing to a Honda race team car would be more accurate).

I think you missed my point, my point was who cares about what people think is "worth it" or not. All that matters is what you think and care about. Also, when talking about people complementing my etek I meant it as in people don't go, " why did you up grade that, so dumb, bleh bleh bleh." Maybe the civic analogy was a bit far fetched but everyone knows where I was coming from before looking deeper into it. If people ask what upgrades they can get for a marker & you think its "nothing" then move onto another thread unless they ask if its worth it. Everyone knows this tidbit of advice almost to the point of it not being advice anymore but trolling.

edit:

And in no way shape or form am I saying a fully up'd Etek 3 is on par with an Ego 11... don't want to start a riot :P

Edited by LegionPB, 18 January 2013 - 03:27 PM.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:23 PM

I think you missed my point, my point was who cares about what people think is "worth it" or not. All that matters is what you think and care about. Also, when talking about people complementing my etek I meant it as in people don't go, " why did you up grade that, so dumb, bleh bleh bleh." Maybe the civic analogy was a bit far fetched but everyone knows where I was coming from before looking deeper into it. If people ask what upgrades they can get for a marker & you think its "nothing" then move onto another thread unless they ask if its worth it. Everyone knows this tidbit of advice almost to the point of it not being advice anymore but trolling.

edit:

And in no way shape or form am I saying a fully up'd Etek 3 is on par with an Ego 11... don't want to start a riot :P

That makes sense, it is worth noting that upgrades for the Etek 3 like the virtue OLED are on sale quite often so that could be a good purchase if someone wants an OLED board.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users