7 replies to this topic

#1 Reggie

Reggie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:46 PM

Hey guys,

I'm trying to figure out costs for LL6 and travel is the biggest part for me since I'd be coming from Cali.

Seems like Midway is the best Airport to fly into as of now, Does anyone have any recomendations of decent hotels nearby to CPX? Not into super crappy cheap $40/night motels but also dont want to spend $200 at a Grand Hyatt or somthing...

As far as scheduling...are there actual big game events taking place on Friday the 17th? It seems a lot of scenarios around the country advertise 2 or 3 days worth of big gaming but it turns out to typically be a day and a half if your lucky.. is that the case here? Does it matter if we don't fly in until Friday? Related, how early on Sunday is the game over? Is it convienvable to make a 7 or 8PM flight out of there or best bet to fly out really late or the next day?

Any help is appreciated

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

No actual event games happen on Friday, so you can fly in on Friday. The game is usually over by like 2 on Sunday, so it's entirely possible to make an evening flight. I flew out at like 6 on Sunday last year. Was annoying to have to leave on Sunday after the game, but it's doable. Last year I flew in on Thursday, and left Sunday, but I'm changing that so I'm flying out Monday this year. It's just more manageable to not have to fly out right after the event.

I'm coming from California as well, and I fly Southwest into Midway (the only airport in the area that they fly to), which will be about a $500 round trip. I'll be splitting a room at the Towneplace Suites in Joliet, which is a 5-10 minute drive from the field. Rooms are like $110 a night, so not the cheapest if you're by yourself, but not like luxury rates either.

Check here for an event schedule: http://livinglegends...ntball.com/ll6/

Edited by andrewthewookie, 17 January 2013 - 09:55 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 Reggie

Reggie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:01 PM

Thanks andrew... hey, didnt you go to Decay of Nations 2 years ago.. think I remember runnin around with you and a friend a bit...Tech Pb Kill Squad or somthing? :)

#4 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

As you look on the schedule, we do have Open Games available on Wastelands. We also will have Pump/Pistol games Friday night on Bedlam and Armageddon. We may be doing something really cool with the Wasteland Open Games, but I will announce that at a later date when I have it planned and ready.

All hotels can be found on our Website.

We hope to see you out for the event and everyone here will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have.
Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#5 Kraus

Kraus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:37 PM

The friday games were a blast last year. playing pump/pistol in the town was a blast and we def took advantage of it. This year, I'm going to play Wastelands and pump game. Take advantage of this whole weekend if you get a chance!

Captain of B.O.B. White Paintball
https://www.facebook.com/BOBWHITEPAINTBALL
"Celly" the guy with a wheelchair for a #

Living Legends 6 "Most Valuable Team" for the Empire

Sponsored by: http://www.yourpbfriend.com

#6 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:50 PM

My guys and I are all rolling in on Thursday afternoon/evening to make sure we get to all of the festivities. But there is plenty of fun to be had on just Saturday and Sunday, but make sure you get there early so you can hit the ground running! I know that I am planning on using most of Friday to tech guns and all, between Open Game and Pistols/Pump games lol.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#7 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

My guys and I are all rolling in on Thursday afternoon/evening to make sure we get to all of the festivities. But there is plenty of fun to be had on just Saturday and Sunday, but make sure you get there early so you can hit the ground running! I know that I am planning on using most of Friday to tech guns and all, between Open Game and Pistols/Pump games lol.

:tup:

Can't stress enough how much teching on Friday night can help. It can save you hours (literally) in the chrono booth trying to get around people who are trying to do the same thing as you. Plus, theres the time out during the orientation on Saturday morning when the chrono booths shut down. Theres another half hour or so.

Got to make sure you get your markers cleaned and shootable at home or home field, take it to Chicago and verify its all in working order and re-chrono with the event paint. I spent about 4 hours getting 3 markers ready for Chicago last year and it was all worth it! About a half hour after recieving paint I was filling pods and ready to roll out.

And to the OP, Il'l try and update some pricing things in my guide this next week and when some more things are ironed out on the actual website. Also, Friday night is generally just some open play in Bedlam or Armageedon mixed with some Pump/pistol games. Plus there are some shens in the camp ground. Sunday last year was over by like 2 or 3 pm for me after packing and such. I think the Final battle started at around noon or 1pm.

#8 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:21 PM

Hoping that we get a little cloud cover this year. Last year after the Awards Ceremony, I was so burnt all I could do is take a cold shower, put on the softest cotton T-Shirt I had with me (my LL5 shirt coincednetally) and gingerly make my way to Hero's for burgers and beer lol.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users