• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cpxballer9

cpxballer9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

I was looking at the azodin Evo and I saw some of the new feartures on it and it looks like a good gun. I was just wondering if anybody has had any experience with it and if I should get it.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

I would skip it, and pick up a GoG eNVy, or eNVy blackheart.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 cybermaniac15

cybermaniac15

Elite Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,450 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

dont get azodin products they have issues with quality control save up 50$ more and get a extcy

I'm pretty sure they are using a new factory, or something along the lines of that. There shouldn't be anymore quality control issues, and they'll fix it if there are.

If you prefer spools, get an envy/extcy, if you prefer the shot of a poppet more, get the blitz.

#4 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'd say never fork over the cash for a new eNVy, especially not with Blackheart board, if you want to get a cheap spool marker.

First of all, the eNVy uses a barrel that is too short (right around 9.5 total inches, ~6 inch unported length) making it less efficient and less consistent than it should be. The ideal barrel should be 14 to 16 inches in length with 8 to 10 inches of control bore - spool valve markers are especially sensitive to this. Second, the eNVy uses the smart parts style barrel threading, so when you replace the flawed barrel with a new one it will be unlikely you can carry that forward to your next purchased marker like you can with a barrel that has autococker threading (yes, you can use a barrel adapter, but this also affects efficiency/consistency). Third, the eNVy uses steel braided line instead of macroline - this makes diagnosis, repair, and maintenance a bit harder. Fourth problem is the price. For a new GOG eNVy, you will have to fork over $200, or $250 for the eNVy plus a blackheart board. Alternately, you could spend in the same range to get the Proto Rail or the GOG eXTCy. The eXTCy has a 14-inch barrel, has the blackheart board, has an on/off ASA... basically every issue with the eNVy at its price is fixed with the eXTCy at its price (save macroline). Fifth, the eNVy does not have eyes. People say this is compensated for by the low-force bolt, but the fact remains that one of the prime features of an electro marker is missing from the eNVy (again, what are you paying for??). Sixth problem, to prevent from chopping without those eyes, the fire rate on the board is capped at 11 bps. Most major electros of all types can shoot above that, and even the Azodin Blitz can easily do 15 bps.

TL;DR - You can pay 160-190 for a Blitz or Blitz EVO to get a budget Poppet-style marker, or if you're going to go down the path of spools pay up to the $250 price point and get a Proto Rail or the GOG eXTCy. The eNVy is just overpriced and underfeatured.
Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

Even with the eyes, the Blitz still breaks paint, and the macroline really isn't a big deal, and not to mention the useless craptastic twist lock feedneck that is completely useless in all ways.

Edited by tallsmallboy44, 19 January 2013 - 06:34 PM.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#6 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

Even with the eyes, the Blitz still breaks paint, and the macroline really isn't a big deal, and not to mention the useless craptastic twist lock feedneck that is completely useless in all ways.

The Blitz is a budget poppet marker - it's not really misrepresenting itself in this sense. Since its operating pressure is around 400 psi, the firing action is not the most gentle on paint. You can make that better with the ZeRO system and with an underbore to cut the operating pressure in half. Macroline isn't a big deal, sure, but it is a sign of a slightly harder maintenance of a different marker. Finally, the twistlock 2 is overrated as a problem feedneck. It takes longer to lock down and it allows lateral movement, but it does secure from vertical forces. I've never lost a hopper on my kaos-d.

On the other hand, the eNVy at its price point completely misrepresents itself as a viable spool marker. For its price buy the eXTCy instead so you get the real budget spool features you deserve: consistency, efficiency, on/off, real board, and eyes.

#7 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

The Blitz is a budget poppet marker - it's not really misrepresenting itself in this sense. Since its operating pressure is around 400 psi, the firing action is not the most gentle on paint. You can make that better with the ZeRO system and with an underbore to cut the operating pressure in half. Macroline isn't a big deal, sure, but it is a sign of a slightly harder maintenance of a different marker. Finally, the twistlock 2 is overrated as a problem feedneck. It takes longer to lock down and it allows lateral movement, but it does secure from vertical forces. I've never lost a hopper on my kaos-d.

On the other hand, the eNVy at its price point completely misrepresents itself as a viable spool marker. For its price buy the eXTCy instead so you get the real budget spool features you deserve: consistency, efficiency, on/off, real board, and eyes.

I've watched loaders be shot off the Blitz.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#8 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

I've watched loaders be shot off the Blitz.

Any idea if it was the twistlock 1 vs. twistlock 2? I could see it happpen if you were in a hurry or not paying attention. It takes a while to twist down tight, but once you're there I'd be surprised to see one come off. I've never had any movement on mine (to be fair, I do have a CP feedneck now, but not for anything to do with unsecured hoppers).

#9 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Any idea if it was the twistlock 1 vs. twistlock 2? I could see it happpen if you were in a hurry or not paying attention. It takes a while to twist down tight, but once you're there I'd be surprised to see one come off. I've never had any movement on mine (to be fair, I do have a CP feedneck now, but not for anything to do with unsecured hoppers).

It's on the 2011 Blitz, so I'm assuming twistlick2

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#10 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:27 PM

You can always just buy an aftermarket feedneck? It's not that expensive....

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#11 Duck ON Quack

Duck ON Quack

Save a rock, Throw a Mini

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

Like above replies said, STAY AWAY FROM AZODIN!!!!!!!! I purchased an Evo and it worked for 2 days, then the board spazzed out and it was defective. Azodin is out of buisness (wonder why...) for the time being, so you wont be getting any Customer Service if you get it and it does break. I got a refund from who i bought it from and got an extcy. The other people that also got Evos from the store had defective boards too, so it not a fluke accident. Its just bad stuff man, skip it.

Edited by Duck ON Quack, 15 March 2013 - 06:46 PM.

there was this one time, when i cared what you thought.

oh... wait. No there wasn't.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users