Photo

Camo vs Black speedball gear for the woods?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Spyrothedragon9972

Spyrothedragon9972

Puerto Rican paintballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

I use the 2011 dye speedball gear. I think its call geometric grey. Its pretty much all black with little bits of grey. I play 95% woodsball and I see people with the 2012 dye jersey and pants in red and black and they stick out like a sire thumb. Now I don't wear any crazy colours and I definitely try to use stealth to my advantage. Do you think the black speedball gear is find or do you think something like those PE camp pants and maybe the Dye/PE/Empire camo jersey will make a difference?
Posted Image

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:53 PM

don't they say big patches of solid colors(whether its black or anything else) are what draw the eye's attention? pretty much saying that camo helps you blend in better because it prevents the eye from picking you out.
if you are mostly a woodsball player, why not get gear suited to help you play better? pick up some gear from Dye or Empire's tactical lines.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

If you are active chances are you're going to be seen. Movement is way more obvious(especially in peripheral vision) than colors. I mean obviously a yellow shirt that is dashing behind trees is going to be easier to see than a camo shirt, but any movement is going to catch the eye of someone who is looking for people to shoot. Camo probably only benefits those who aren't moving much/ambushing and such. This is just my opinion on the matter though, with my limited experience in woodsball. Despite the fact I wear camo cargo pants and a brown shirt(I can't find a camo shirt for cheap that matches my pants), but I never felt the other players in speedsball jerseys were easier to see. Movement is what you look for, and not many people are laying down in the leaves and hiding, waiting for an ambush.

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 02:41 PM

To me,black seems to blend in alot more,because you usually have to get a perfect camo to surroundings in order for camo to work.Try to wear ACU camo in a dark green wooded area,and you'll see what I mean.Black tends to work in almost all environments that you can think of.

#5 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Black does not occur naturally in nature most of time time so black is not a good thing to wear. Camo will always be better because it breaks up your figure, which is why our military uses them so often. As stated before, you are only as concealed as you are still. If you are moving camo won't really help you either. However, if you plan on lying down and waiting for someone to run by, or chillin behind a bush, this is the way to go... damn campers :P

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#6 Lovely_angel_

Lovely_angel_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 07:29 PM

Actually you should keep your dye clothes, its good enough for woods play.

Edited by Lovely_angel_, 19 January 2013 - 07:31 PM.

#7 Billy Badass-RPF

Billy Badass-RPF

Doctor wrote me a prescription, for more cowbell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 09:56 PM

People will see movement way before they see color.Even if they see a clump of red somewhere, and it's not moving there going to think its just debris. Also think of it like this, if a guy does see you he's going to get you in a one one lock up.Snap shoot and out maneuver them,that way you get some action and practice one one one.
If I didn't buy so many guns for the sole purpose of fondling them i'd be a very rich man.
Am I the only one that when they see FEP QUEST they read it as FAP-QUEST then chuckle silently?
BST TIPX
http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=217819

#8 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:08 AM

i wear a bright orange jersey most of the time when i play.
it doesnt really matter

#9 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,866 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:12 PM

Your brain will pick up on movement before color every single time. Wearing speed ball gear in the woods make no difference if everyone is moving. Stationary, camo may help most people stay hidden. there's still a huge mask and marker to hide. Generally the first thing I notice is a lens or mask.

#10 DerekDaPaintballa

DerekDaPaintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:10 PM

Chances are your pants are pretty dark, so I mean if you are worried about being seen you can always find a cheap camo paintball jersey or just wear camo over your current jersey. But if it is dark I wouldn't be too concerned. As mentioned movement is what usually gives away your position.

Don't take it personally when I double back onto the field to get more reps. I JUST WANT TO PLAY!!!

#11 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

I once played with a guy who wore a bright orange shirt. I kept shooting cactus flowers thinking it was the guy Posted Image In my experience colors dont matter too much when you play woodsball. Of course it really depends on the environment. Think sparse woods vs think woods with underbrush.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,069 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

To keep it short, camouflage will be superior in the woods when it comes to stealth. When you are trying to remain unseen in the woods, remember the 4 S's, and T and M because they don't want to start with S:

Shape, Shadow, Shine, Silhouette, Texture, and Movement. While most of these in paintball don't really help because of close range, these are the basics the US military teaches its troops to remain unseen. Here's a simple video, it's airsoft, but the rules still apply.

#13 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Well there you have it, the answer from The Predator himself. If you should take camo advice from anyone, it's him.

Posted Image

Edited by dustyshouri, 21 January 2013 - 04:50 PM.

#14 Forrest

Forrest

It's gonna be a bloodbath!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

Black will do you fine. If you want to use the colors to your advantage then any dark solid colors will be good like black, tan, grey, etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users