• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:19 PM

Lately I've been losing my moobs and gaining muscle but something I really want is higher flexibility. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to be doing it everyday because of wrestling and lifting for football. So is there something I could do before I go to bed that will increase it? I'm not looking for super fast results. Thanks.

ps - I kinda wanna get like this -

Posted Image

#2 G4paintballer

G4paintballer

Gun/gear whore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,862 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:50 PM

Just stretch after lifting.

then you'll be like this-

Posted Image
Current setup: WGP Trilogy, CCM S6, Ion Xe
Feedback 10/0/0

#3 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

Just stretch when you can, just make sure you DO NOT bounce.

#4 Socalshocker

Socalshocker

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:35 PM

Try yoga.

#5 BobGarnly

BobGarnly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

stretch in the shower, while your muscles are relaxed. also after exercise, as said up there^
"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

#6 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:34 AM

from talking to Beth Caldwell, one of the trainers at the place I workout at, her solution is simple-

Make it a daily routine

She spends 5 to 10 minutes, stretching every single day. She does it before bed, sometimes in the middle of the day, but she is incredibly flexible and she's in her 30's

Also, a foam roller can help smooth out your muscles, lengthening them and making you more flexible as well

You just have to make it priority, and do it every single day. But flexibility comes in millimeters, and it takes months to get those couple of extra millimeters of extra flexibility. You're stretching out a muscle, with is pretty much 3+ pound hunk of meat and tendons (for instance your hamstring). Take a piece of sirloin steak and try to stretch it out, see how hard that is? Add the pain and discomfort of stretching, and you can see how much work you have ahead of you

Personally, I would purchase a "stretching dvd" and start doing that daily. This way, you are doing the same routine, and you can notice your gains over time. If you're just telling yourself "I'll just stretch out my legs today... whatever", you'll never get any gains in flexibility. A structured, stretching program is the key to flexibility in my opinion. Look at martial arts, they have a structured stretching program they do, every time you go to the dojo (usually). That consistency is key

I would find a DVD that last about 5 to 10 minutes, and always make sure you warm up your muscles slightly before stretching. Some basic burpees is usually enough to get the blood into your muscles, or some walking lunges

#7 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

btw.... this is Beth Caldwell...

she does NOT fuck around

Posted Image

She is so much stronger, than you'd ever be in your life LOL

Posted Image

#8 Potato

Potato

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:08 PM

Dem mod shens. She's got a nice ass.

But back on topic, thanks for all the advice! I'll get on a routine after I'm done cutting weight for wrestling provincials :/

#9 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 867 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

btw.... this is Beth Caldwell...

she does NOT fuck around

Posted Image

She is so much stronger, than you'd ever be in your life LOL

Posted Image

after looking at the first picture i looked at my arms...in shame.

Lulzjustacat.png

#10 shutts67

shutts67

Score is Irrevelant.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,580 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:37 AM

from talking to Beth Caldwell, one of the trainers at the place I workout at, her solution is simple-

Make it a daily routine

She spends 5 to 10 minutes, stretching every single day. She does it before bed, sometimes in the middle of the day, but she is incredibly flexible and she's in her 30's

Also, a foam roller can help smooth out your muscles, lengthening them and making you more flexible as well

You just have to make it priority, and do it every single day. But flexibility comes in millimeters, and it takes months to get those couple of extra millimeters of extra flexibility. You're stretching out a muscle, with is pretty much 3+ pound hunk of meat and tendons (for instance your hamstring). Take a piece of sirloin steak and try to stretch it out, see how hard that is? Add the pain and discomfort of stretching, and you can see how much work you have ahead of you

Personally, I would purchase a "stretching dvd" and start doing that daily. This way, you are doing the same routine, and you can notice your gains over time. If you're just telling yourself "I'll just stretch out my legs today... whatever", you'll never get any gains in flexibility. A structured, stretching program is the key to flexibility in my opinion. Look at martial arts, they have a structured stretching program they do, every time you go to the dojo (usually). That consistency is key

I would find a DVD that last about 5 to 10 minutes, and always make sure you warm up your muscles slightly before stretching. Some basic burpees is usually enough to get the blood into your muscles, or some walking lunges

Make sure said "Stretching DVD" is not in the Adult section, unless you're into that kind of thing...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users