• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Mitchell Wood

Mitchell Wood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

Ive been looking to join a team because I recently left one and they weren't the best people to be around...

#2 Plattypus

Plattypus

You are FAT. First After Ten. - Ced.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,570 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

I can't afford to be on a team, in terms of both time and money as a full time college student with a job, so recball for me.

Being on a team can also be stressful and full of unnecessary drama, so I don't think I would join one even if I could.

If you get shot in the jaw you remember you are playing paintball, man the fuck up and say thank you sir, may I have another. - Cdn

Southern California Ballers Club - Grazi #69 - Brotastic Bro Club of Win V.1
My Feedback +3/0/0
Posted Image

#3 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:44 PM

I play on a divisional team, as well as playing for fun. You have to balance both.

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:19 PM

Started my own scenario team. Started off originally as just a group running under a name with a couple of jerseys for LL5, and has since blown up and is starting to gain recognition in our little slice of the US haha.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Jarz

Jarz

Workin' that post count back up...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:25 PM

I typically play for fun. Being in high school, I don't have the means to financially play competitively, and there aren't many great tournaments around me, so the commute to practice and to events would be pretty bad.
Posted Image

#6 TNpaintballer99

TNpaintballer99

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:29 PM

Right now I have a solid group of about 5 including me and we're gonna try to start up a team. 3 of them competed in a one day tournament about a month ago and did pretty good. I broke my arm and couldn't compete, so that sucked for me. They said they loved the tournament scene. No one around here has any tournament series going on. So for right now just playing for fun.
\Posted Image

#7 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

I've played on two teams, and another I was on until I started to resent that team so much that I left before the season started. I play for fun all the time, and to me, competing and tournaments are fun. I love the strive to be the best, and to be better than everyone else. That to me, is fun. Rec-ball days, I like to mess around; take out a sword, take out a pistol, take out my "sniper" gun and scare everyone, etc. But I love everything about being on a team and being in tournaments even more. I love the driving, the practices, the stress, the pressure, the preparing, the half-assed lazy stays in a hotel or relatives room just to make it to PSP Phoenix or wherever, the bragging rights of knowing I'm playing "Professional" or tournament paintball.
I like to make it to big events, however, such as Living Legends last year. There, I believe is the thing you mean by 'playing for fun', and that, too, I enjoy.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#8 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:48 PM

I play on a divisional team, as well as playing for fun. You have to balance both.

He speaks the truth.

40k-1.png

#9 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:56 PM

Almost always play for fun, but trying my first 3 man tournament tomorrow. Nervous to say the least. Posted Image

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#10 dannyboy768

dannyboy768

TOMA ABBIATI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,028 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

I typically play for fun. Being in high school, I don't have the means to financially play competitively, and there aren't many great tournaments around me, so the commute to practice and to events would be pretty bad.

DIRT CHEAP CF Tanks in Hydro!

http://shop.swapmytank.com/

#11 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:19 PM

my friends and i have a pseudo scenario/airball team haha we plan on getting matching jerseys soon!

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#12 NJC

NJC

pumper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

i play on a team. it's a ton of fun to see them every week

I split my vote, half for etekgirl's body, half for her mind, because I respect a woman's mind just as much as her cans.
*Waits to get hit*

#13 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

#14 MZinCamo

MZinCamo

OG

• Members
  • 8,962 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:49 PM

He speaks the truth.

I think it may help that we both shen all over little children.

#15 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,685 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

Playing local tournies are pretty ok, whole I do enjoy playing the rec ball on the airball field and occasionally woodsball
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#16 Mitchell Wood

Mitchell Wood

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:32 PM

I was on a team an played a bit but Im looking to join a new team around Tampa, FL or something... I have not been in a tournament but I was suppost to go for the CFP tournaments but as u can see I left them. Ive been practicing with them for months and with other players that are a lot higher ranked in the divisions than I am so they helped coach me. I looking to get in an play a tournament this season of any tournaments. Im looking for atleast a 5-man or more. Please email or reply or something to this if you have any interest!!

#17 eightcoheed

eightcoheed

Amanda Bynes' lover.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

I play on a team that does all of the local tournaments, local leagues and some nppl/psp events, as well as playing as many big events/open play days as we can. Its fun, but expensive. Especially when we play every weekend.

Proud member of the United States Air Force

#18 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:00 PM

I used to play for fun but got picked up by a team. Now playing tourneys such fox young guns and cpx young guns. I used to like woodsball but after playing speedball, i can't go back.

#19 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:09 PM

He speaks the truth.

I think it may help that we both shen all over little children.

Well,try shenning on men,and even more lulz.

#20 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

Man being in Canada and trying to start and compete with an airball/speedball team is a paint in the ass. But it depends on whether or not the outcome is as good as the process
109.gif

#21 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

I play on a scenario team. They walk on every weekend as well as practice. I also take part in their speedball chapter. Small division 6 turneys stuff like that.

#22 Scheele

Scheele

I sell propane and propane accessories.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:44 PM

Playing on a competitive team is playing for fun to me.
I mucked around playing big games, private fields and walk ons but it gets old. It's kinda like poker. Playing a free hand is fun but without money on the table there is nothing to play for and no rush when you win.
Big games may as well be a shooting gallery. You go out, shoot your paint, tag a bunch of kids, get hit by one of the hundreds of dudes sitting on the bushes waiting for easy shots, go home.
Competition brings out more in the players. I like being put in a position that If I don't bring my A game I'm going to get beat down. It makes you strive to be better than I other guy. I want to shoot straighter, to run faster, to move smarter, because if I don't put everything I have on the table, I go home with nothing but a few welts and a bruised ego. But when you take home that hard earned trophy you feel like a king. You have proven that your crew is better than all those guys who stood in your way. And is that not what is best in life?

Edited by Scheele, 22 January 2013 - 04:52 PM.

Dirt. Army
Dirt. Apparel: all Canadian made, all dirty as fuck.
Dirt. Apparel Website is up and running. Also check out the Facebook.

#23 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

I'm a rec-baller through and through. I'll pay like maybe 1 or 2 local tournaments in a summer but thats it.

#24 gtcpaintball

gtcpaintball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

I mucked around playing big games, private fields and walk ons but it gets old. It's kinda like poker. Playing a free hand is fun but without money on the table there is nothing to play for and no rush when you win.
Big games may as well be a shooting gallery. You go out, shoot your paint, tag a bunch of kids, get hit by one of the hundreds of dudes sitting on the bushes waiting for easy shots, go home.
Competition brings out more in the players. I like being put in a position that If I don't bring my A game I'm going to get beat down. It makes you strive to be better than I other guy. I want to shoot straighter, to run faster, to move smarter, because if I don't put everything I have on the table, I go home with nothing but a few welts and a bruised ego. But when you take home that hard earned trophy you feel like a king. You have proven that your crew is better than all those guys who stood in your way. And is that not what is best in life?

That is maybe the best comment I have ever seen. I am very competitive when I do any sports, and I HATE losing. No matter how or when.
Visit my website at: www.gtcpaintball.com
Follow me on Twitter: @Gtcgabe12

#25 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

I play on a team and it is a lot of fun.
but i don't play tournaments, just scenario games

#26 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

Team=fun.
Plays recball= not so fun because they are all inferior in skill compared to me.

#27 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

This. This is exactly why I'm starting a team with my buddy. I wanna play hard, I wanna play better than the ther team, I wanna earn respect. But at the same time I want a new car. Haha so the money scares me away but I know that I will enjoy every second of it.
SN

#28 NBTIppy

NBTIppy

Sterling

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:19 PM

Team=fun.
Plays recball= not so fun because they are all inferior in skill compared to me.

Your field doesn't offer an advanced walk-on day?

#29 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:28 PM

Team=fun.

Your field doesn't offer an advanced walk-on day?

Well they do, but the experienced players only come so often, so its like once a month.

EDIT: Actually, in about a month, Disruptive will be opening another field a mile away from their main one, and I'm hoping it'll have more airball fields. As much as I hate playing airball in the deserts of Arizona, it's not as much as me hating the lack of airball in my town.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 04 February 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#30 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,806 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:47 PM

Play with a sword.

Mo bettah.

40k-1.png

#31 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

Both? They are not mutually exclusive? Its fun to get out and be competitive but some days you gotta just go bs around with friends and have a good time! If you dont you cant get the full feel of the sport as a whole.

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

#32 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

I'm on a team, we play every saturday and sunday, But as far as tournaments, there are none worth playing up here. There are a few tournaments, but they aren't very fun, no bps cap, absolutely crappy reffing and there are only about 4 teams that ever show up.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users