• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 x-Nitrous-o

x-Nitrous-o

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

I'm kinda on a low budget and these two guns caught my eye... any help on which one to choose? pros and cons on each?

thanks for any help

#2 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

Go with the envy it will have a better shot quality as well as better reliability, also the E1 is pretty much a semi only board as it has full auto at 25 bps which wouldnt really be useable.

#3 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

Honestly I would just save up a little more and get the pmr or the excty for 250

#4 andy u

andy u

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I own a envy and i love it! its a great gun for the price!
Setup: GOG enVy, empire halo too, V-force grillz, ninja 68/4500

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 11:35 PM

They both are good options for a solid electro basic shooter.

The GOG is probly the better option if you aspire to a tournament play as it offers the modes many turnoments require in stock trim.

But there are some benefits to the DP E1 route. It is all aluminum and thus has a nice solid feel appose to the composite gripframe and plastic covered gog body. Also the DP E1 Has the more industry standard Cocker barrel threading witch is nice if ya choose to upgrade in the future. And prolly the biggest benefit to the E1 is that it has eyes stock witch prevent chops appose to needing the upgraded blackheart board for the envy.

But honestly they both are solid shooters for the sub $200 price point. Like I Said I ya going the tournament route I'd opt for the GOG as it will alow you to go that route cheaper. But for recreational play I personally prefer te DP E1 as I think it offers a bit more for the price at the sacrifice of a simpler board (witch is fine if all ya shoot is semi like myself anyways).

One point of note is if ya opt for a DP E1. I'd suggest getting it from ANS gear as they offer it with a free upgraded clamping feed neck witch is the one upgrade I feel it needs. I personally have one as my only electronic marker and the feed neck is the only upgrade I have done. Had mine over a year only needed lube thus far and love how it shoots.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users