#1 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

My PM8 has a gap between the body and frame, this gives me 2 main problems
1. The new eyes I installed (wire eyes upgraded from ripped ribbon cables) are not functioning properly because of the high amount of pressure from trying to tighten the grip frame, and body.
2. The trigger now will not move because of the eye wires blocking its path.

As you can see this isn't good... I am pretty sure something is out of place and sticking out, I check if it was the LPR sticking slightly out. But it isn't, the (Stock) trigger is being blocked not letting me shoot. The gap is big enough to stick my finger into, I can get pics if anyone can help me through those. One more thing to mention is even when I take the grip frame itself out and try to directly screw the front frame screw in it will become difficult about half way down.

I'm taking it to the guy who sold me it to him to fix it, but I just want to see if anyone can hep me before that.

Cheer's JAWZ
109.gif

#2 granada27

granada27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:19 AM

I've heard about nothing but problems with installing wired eyes into a PM8. I tried doing it on my PM8, too, and it didn't go so well. Couldn't get the eyes lined up with the eye covers on, and while I was capable of squeezing the wires into the frame and screw it shut, my trigger was jammed and didn't work with them in there (and the wires ended up ripping out of the bulb itself, but that was my bad more than anything). The only real suggestions I found online were to dremel out part of the frame to squeeze the wires into it easier, possibly taping them to the bottom of the solenoid, or just going with ribbon eyes. Your other option is to contact Erayser on the PBN forums, he makes and sells wired eyes for the PM8 with thinner wires that'll work easier; profile link is here: http://www.pbnation....er.php?u=192010

Haven't bought from him or used the thin-wire eyes, but all I can find are rave reviews, so he seems like a reliable option.

Hopefully this helps, good luck with everything.

#3 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:26 AM

Could try using a dremel to make room

#4 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 08:05 AM

Thanks guys, I ended up reinstalling the ribbon eyes,
109.gif

#5 frobocop

frobocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

You need to make sure that the eye wires don't run down the solenoid. I have a pm8 with wired eyes and when I put the frame on I use an Allen key to pull the wires to either side of the solenoid. Shot me a pm if u need help

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,687 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:48 PM

You need to make sure that the eye wires don't run down the solenoid. I have a pm8 with wired eyes and when I put the frame on I use an Allen key to pull the wires to either side of the solenoid. Shot me a pm if u need help

Yea I found that out a while ago man! I don't even own my pm8 anymore I traded it :P. Fantastic gun though, thanks anyways bud

109.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users