• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 PEfanboy

PEfanboy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:52 AM

I was just looking over the dangerous power g4 and doing a little research, and I hear all these bad reviews. ANS rated it five stars, but I've heard efficiency issues and air leaks all the time. Also, I guess DP's customer service sucks? I just wanted to know if the rumors were true or not. Thanks guys.
"So, how many feet per second can you get now?"
"You mean balls per second.."
"...Dammit."

Hey! I reviewed the proto rail. http://www.techpb.co...0

#2 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

Its had a bad rep for being bad quality guns due to the issues with leaking and bolt stick, especially with the g4

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#3 PBxGod

PBxGod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:58 AM

The G4 is not a bad gun, and it has ok efficiency and the leaking problems are with the fittings once you buy new fittings it should not leak anymore.

#4 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:03 AM

Get the g5, better efficiency and its hoseless. I used to have a Spec-r, and had to deal with CS once, fried my board, needed a new one. Had less than a week till I had to leave for Living Legends. Got from California to my house in 3 days. Smooth transaction, they answered when I called. No problems. DP uses cheap, crappy fittings, its not even just that they leak, they also are just plain shitty. But thats like 5 bucks to replace. and not an issue on the g5. Also, the bolt stick issue was all because of the lube they use. No problem, just get your own tub of lube (which you should have anyway) and wipe down the bolt and apply your own.

I like dangerous power guns, they know how to pack a lot of useful features into a super small and light package, while also having attractive milling and anodizing. If you do end up getting a G5, just buy some Monkey Poo lube, and a new, well ported barrel, and you have a great gun for the money.

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:00 AM

In all of my time with DP's guns and customer service, I've had nothing but good experiences. As for the efficiency, I've seen people get 9 pods out of their G4s.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#6 QuickLime

QuickLime

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:21 AM

Most of the "issues" with DP markers is just the user not doing proper maintenance. I also have a G5 and have not had any issues with it so far, the macroless design is great and the milling (IMO) is much nicer than the G4 etc.

Posted Image

Feedback!1/0/0

#7 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

I been happy with my DP E1 for over a year now. No experience with the customer service as have never had to call them. The only issue I have had was due to my own lack of knowledge of the need to lube the on/off ASA O-Ring witch would make gassing up the gun leak a small amount until it was screwed in fully.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#8 ccseancc143

ccseancc143

i'm cool with that

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

The G5 is basically a macroliness G4. The bolt looks identical and most of the parts just seem re branded.
It is not my prerogative to please you.
My Feedback

#9 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

The G5 is basically a macroliness G4. The bolt looks identical and most of the parts just seem re branded.

Are you sure you've seen the G5's bolt? Because it is definitely not identical.

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:58 PM

The bolt looks almost identical to me, the G5 looks like it just has holes in the back, but I can't tell dimensions or anything, they just look like the same shape to me.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 Sn toter

Sn toter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

This is true, it's a redesigned bolt engine. The G5 is a really great marker.

As to the CS.... DP was known for their stellar CS before Amazone bought them out. The year that followed really hurt their reputation but once everything got worked out the CS improved dramatically.

Leaks are mostly because players are ignorant to proper maintenance. Not all guns are the same. The G3 AND G4 are pretty intolerant to improper lube. A lot of players just slap some DP 40 lube on and wonder why they get bolt stick. The lube should be 1 part synthetic air tool oil to 2 parts grease. If its too thick or too heavily applied you'll get bolt stick. It they don't ever lube and get leaks. As for the fittings... Not the best BUT they work fine. The trick is getting the hose in right. When you think the hose is in, its not in all the way. push harder. You'll feel a second 'pop' as the hose properly seats in the super tight fitting. Once properly in you should not have leaking problems.

#12 Ironchefxingba

Ironchefxingba

Local Gun Whore

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

This is true, it's a redesigned bolt engine. The G5 is a really great marker.

As to the CS.... DP was known for their stellar CS before Amazone bought them out. The year that followed really hurt their reputation but once everything got worked out the CS improved dramatically.

Leaks are mostly because players are ignorant to proper maintenance. Not all guns are the same. The G3 AND G4 are pretty intolerant to improper lube. A lot of players just slap some DP 40 lube on and wonder why they get bolt stick. The lube should be 1 part synthetic air tool oil to 2 parts grease. If its too thick or too heavily applied you'll get bolt stick. It they don't ever lube and get leaks. As for the fittings... Not the best BUT they work fine. The trick is getting the hose in right. When you think the hose is in, its not in all the way. push harder. You'll feel a second 'pop' as the hose properly seats in the super tight fitting. Once properly in you should not have leaking problems.

also there is an o-ring inside the macroline fitting (didnt know that till the DP rep at the local store took it apart to show me), 99-100 times when it leaks out of the fitting its because that o-ring is dry instead of replacing the fitting just lube the oring.
Empire Events, 65/4500 Ninja pro reg. Black/slime Luxe 1.5 w/ 2.0 board, Virtue Spire, critical stealth pack.

#13 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:04 PM

In all of my time with DP's guns and customer service, I've had nothing but good experiences. As for the efficiency, I've seen people get 9 pods out of their G4s.

HOW?! I must know!

Anyway the G4 is good I own one, but the G5 looks great! Efficiency isnt quite what id like and the G4 isnt quite a "ready to play" marker out of the box but once you get the bolt stick and leak issues out of the its awesome!

Edited by The Knife Crazy, 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM.

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:06 PM

Proper lubing with proper spoolie lube, don't shoot right at 300 fps, maybe play around with your dwell a bit (just guessing here, dunno if that's what he did), that's about all I can tell from the video.

#15 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:08 PM

What lube do you recommend? The DP40 stuff is working "eh" so what are you thinking? Hater sauce?

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#16 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:14 PM

What lube do you recommend? The DP40 stuff is working "eh" so what are you thinking? Hater sauce?

No, not hater sauce. Pretty much any type of Dow33. Sl33k, DYE lube, Planet Eclipse grease, GoG Gr33se, or even Lurker lube would all work fine.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#17 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

I used Hater sauce for a long time in my G3 to great effect. I use Lurker Lube now in all my guns.

#18 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

alright sounds like its good stuff

Current Setup:
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#19 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Use slick honey, it's the SEXORZ
But seriously it's really nice stuff
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#20 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:38 PM

Planet Eclipse Grease for the win.
Or the MonkeyPoo.
Cause it smells good.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#21 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I loved my f8 fusion. But I started to get problem after problem with it. And then I got almost no help from dp. And after owning a mini I have to say I enjoy having great cs through empire.

#22 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

im the 2nd owen of my G4 and i havent had a problem with it yet but the wire harness broke on the virture board and they just sent me a new part.. im thinking of selling mine but im questioning it now..
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users