9 replies to this topic

#1 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

I'm looking to buy my first spool gun, I'm thinking about buying used considering it's my first spool gun. Now I already have a Bob long Ma therq 6, a gen 4 intimidator, and the Etha. They're all poppit guns and I think for my next one I would like to have a spool gun. At first I was thinking I'm getting a SFT Shocker but then I remembered they only take smart parts barrels and I don't like that. I'm looking to spend around 250 for a decent spool gun. I'm looking for any suggestions ( and links ), any help would be appreciated. I have found one that I kind of like, but, as I said this is my first spool gun so I'm really not sure.

http://armorypaintba...Dust-Black.html

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:53 AM

The EGO 6 is not a spool valve, it is a stacked tube poppet. As far as spools go, Shockers are good, and so are DM's and older PMR's. If you wanted something you could build, you could get an ion and put an autococker threaded breach in it, and you could build it to your liking.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:55 AM

Ummm, that link was to an Ego for me. Older DM's are going for really cheap and use AC threaded barrels.

Ah those sneaky ninjas!

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 January 2013 - 10:57 AM.

#4 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:57 AM

I'd say shocker or DM6 for that price. Most shockers come with a freak barrel, so does it really matter that you can't change barrels? You dont really need to change it at all.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#5 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Sorry, I didn't know it was a poppit. what about a Dye DM 6?

Edited by MedevilMIke, 21 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#6 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:00 PM

If you want to buy new then I would get an extcy but used probably an older dm.

#7 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:04 PM

Extcy are actually pretty nice in the $250 new range. Used, DM's, PM's, that kinda stuff. If you fine a PM7 then definitely do it. DM6 would be nice also.

#8 mymutter

mymutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 PM

Some Shockers do have cocker threaded breaches allowing you to use all your current cocker threaded barrels. Bang for the buck That is the route I would go, great shooting markers but get the NXT over the SFT, little lighter and breakbeam eyes. Look at getting a pooty polished bolt, and you should be good to go with a great marker.

Other used markers:

PM7 or DM6 ($200ish)
Even the PMR would be a decent beginners spool ($125-150ish)

Ion ($50-100)

Droid's can be had 350-400 right now, and are Excellent markers, but with 19 orings on the bolt it might scare some people off.

#9 MedevilMIke

MedevilMIke

Sophomore Member

• Players Club
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I may have found a Dye DM6 for $265 shipped or a SFT Shocker with a freak barrel for $225. Have to check out the Shocker Friday.

Edited by MedevilMIke, 21 January 2013 - 01:21 PM.

#10 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:23 PM

I may have found a Dye DM6 for $265 shipped or a SFT Shocker with a freak barrel for $225. Have to check out the Shocker Friday.

I got a sft with blackheart board and some other ups for 165, 225 is too much imo.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users