• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 eliasapapa@gmail.com

eliasapapa@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

Ok so I have i4s a Pinocchio and a cp tank so those are fine but i need a new gun and its come down to these two, price doesn't really matter, neither does looks bcuz etha now has camo. Also I play back on my speedball team so efficiency is important.

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,910 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Let me get this right? You are on a speedball team but you dont know what kind of gun to get???

I say Etek 4

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 eliasapapa@gmail.com

eliasapapa@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:04 PM

Yes I'm on a speedball team but its not that I don't know what kind of gun, its just I don't know if the etek 4 is really worth the extra 100$. I mean I know I said money is not a big deal but if the difference in performance isn't really that big then I might as well save 100$.

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

Any reason you aren't going Axe?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 eliasapapa@gmail.com

eliasapapa@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I have shot it and didn't really like how it shot and I hated the ergonomics of it. Plus the board in the front grip was a turn off.

#6 nighthunter

nighthunter

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,104 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:24 PM

I have shot it and didn't really like how it shot and I hated the ergonomics of it. Plus the board in the front grip was a turn off.

I felt the same way about the axe. The Etek isn't that much of an upgrade from the Etha, and honestly, I like my Etha more than the Eteks I've shot. They both have fully adjustable boards and are both reasonably efficient. It's pretty much down to whichever you like more.

nighthuntersig_edited-1.png

Using a gun that's been hardly maintained and tossed from person to person more than a village whore is hardly a fair way to compare the marker.

#7 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:32 PM

Have you tried the Reflex?

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

The Etek 4 outperforms the Etha on every level, they really shouldn't be in the same comparison bracket.
-Etha compares to the Extcy, Rail, Mini, & Proton
-Etek compares to the Reflex, Drone, Axe & Crossover (if that suites your fancy)

Edited by LegionPB, 21 January 2013 - 08:03 PM.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#9 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

id go etek i love myn plus good on air. but again it depends what you want.

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#10 David A.

David A.

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

The Etek 4 outperforms the Etha on every level, they really shouldn't be in the same comparison bracket.
-Etek compares to the Reflex, Drone, Axe & Crossover (if that suites your fancy)

This is correct. The Etha is a very nice entry level marker that comes with some nice upgrades. The Etek 4 is a solid choice in the mid range field. So I agree with this guy...except for the Crossover part.

My Markers:

Polished Silver CCM T2, Polished Black CCM T2, Dust Black CCM T2, Black Bob Long MVP, Dust Back Sanchez Machine SM-1, Polished Silver CCI Phantom, Dust Black Empire AXE. 

#11 SNmustang95

SNmustang95

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:15 PM

It also comes down to maintenance. Both are fairly simple, but the etek 4 is a lot more simple. I love my etek 4 over the etha. The etha is nice but nothing like the etek 4.
SN

#12 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:54 PM

It also comes down to maintenance. Both are fairly simple, but the etek 4 is a lot more simple. I love my etek 4 over the etha. The etha is nice but nothing like the etek 4.

^^^ this. lol i still clean myn after every use though lol

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#13 eliasapapa@gmail.com

eliasapapa@gmail.com

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:23 PM

Have you tried the Reflex?

Yes I have and it shot smooth but my friend who owned it had the 2012 and it had every possible problem imaginable.

Edited by eliasapapa@gmail.com, 22 January 2013 - 05:24 PM.

#14 mike494

mike494

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I would say Etek 4 I love mine it is a little loud but its not bad on the efficiency

#15 CptKaveman

CptKaveman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:05 PM

Etek4 dude, although you could always buy a used geo/ego or anything for that matter.. I'm buying a new etek 4 from PE next month because I want it for reliability.

#16 philip0871

philip0871

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:21 PM

This is correct. The Etha is a very nice entry level marker that comes with some nice upgrades. The Etek 4 is a solid choice in the mid range field. So I agree with this guy...except for the Crossover part.

I would say that the Etha is in sort of its own class. Its a much nicer gun than the Rail, eXTCY, and Proton. It however is a little lower than the Reflex, Axe, Etek. Probably on par with the mini.

IMO the best in-between. With PE you know you are getting, quality wise, an equivelant gun to the Etek. The Etek may perform slightly better but not enough to warrant the extra $.

#17 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

The ETHA is an awesome entry level gun and if you just want a good gun and never intend on playing in tournaments its really the last stop any casual player will "need" to make. Imo the etek is really an "entry level" tournament marker. It's just the first stop that any tournament player makes on the road to finding which high-end gun he will be comfortable with. And since your on a team I assume you will be playing tournaments I would say the etek4. I have an ETHA and I think it would hang with the big boys at a tournament but I would feel more confident going in with the etek3 I use to have or the ego11 I use to own.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#18 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:57 AM

The ETHA is an awesome entry level gun and if you just want a good gun and never intend on playing in tournaments its really the last stop any casual player will "need" to make. Imo the etek is really an "entry level" tournament marker. It's just the first stop that any tournament player makes on the road to finding which high-end gun he will be comfortable with. And since your on a team I assume you will be playing tournaments I would say the etek4. I have an ETHA and I think it would hang with the big boys at a tournament but I would feel more confident going in with the etek3 I use to have or the ego11 I use to own.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#19 T Flyer24

T Flyer24

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

Etha for the win!

#20 Roddy Koberg

Roddy Koberg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 09:08 PM

Etek4 dude, although you could always buy a used geo/ego or anything for that matter.. I'm buying a new etek 4 from PE next month because I want it for reliability.

one of my friends got a dynasty edition ego 10 with pops for $560. but i love my etek 4lt

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users