• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:14 PM

Which is a better shooting gun and why, the valken proton or the invert mini. Also what other guns in that price range compare to the proton and mini.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:29 PM

-snip, double post-

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 January 2013 - 01:47 PM.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:46 PM

The Proton beats every other gun that would cost that much new. It is smoother and quieter than the Mini and has better ergonomics and a better trigger.

#4 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:48 PM

Yes now what is more worth it, the proton for 325 or the extcy for 175 or the mini for 200

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:53 PM

Yes now what is more worth it, the proton for 325 or the extcy for 175 or the mini for 200

Thats a good price on an Extcy. I would personally go with that and use the money saved to upgrade mask/tank/loader and to play.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 21 January 2013 - 02:57 PM.

#6 Geobala

Geobala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

It's hard to beat the price of an extcy they have a lot of bang for the buck....but I love my proton and wouldn't trade it for an extcy and additional equip.

#7 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

I already have a dye i4 and a ninja 50/45 and a invery halo too. So I just want to know which

#8 Cheeks

Cheeks

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 479 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

I love my mini. It's the best shooter of the three and you get empires customer service.

#9 Jdalty

Jdalty

Call your hit!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 873 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:44 PM

If it's a newer model mini, go for it. I've had a great time with the ones that I've had. Nice and small, reliable if you keep them up-to-snuff. Not bad for the price either. If you're going to spend $325.00 give or take on a marker, try to find a used etek 3 or even some of the older Bob Long markers on the used BST. Great stuff in there, just gotta look!

#10 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for the advice. I'll definitely take all this information into consideration

#11 npg23

npg23

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:40 AM

I have a proton and love it!!! It's super smooth and feels great but it does kick a little more than the mini just because its lighter. I have shot both the proton and the mini and I would never trade mine for a mini ever! The micro switch is better than the optical in the mini/ it is wider than the mini so it's more comfortable/ it's lighter/ faster mode changing/ better trigger/ and the tool less bolt removal.

The only problems are the grips are too small/ you have to use a socket wrench for the regulator/ And I have broken some balls in the barrel but it is also 5 degrees out when I was shooting it.
My preference is the mini!

Sorry proton my friend stole my phone. (He has a mini)

Proton proton proton

#12 Jujubeaz

Jujubeaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:42 PM

My dad has a proton and I have a mini, so unlike a lot of people in this thread, I think I might have a better ability to compare. The proton definitely has the advantage by way of features, as it comes with an on/off asa out of the box, however that is easily fixed by putting some oil on the mini's asa threads. DO NOT PUT OIL ON THE FILL NIPPLE OF YOUR TANK. Just making sure, anyways, I have tested them both out, side by side, and contrary to popular belief, the mini had a smoother and quieter shot. The new versions of the mini are very much improved, so I would say those win the quality of shot category. What it really comes down to is the ergonomics. If you can, try and hold both, the mini feels horrible to many, but amazing to me, whereas I cannot deal with how stiff the proton's trigger is, and I much prefer the loose and bouncy trigger on the mini! In the end, it all comes down to how it feels in your hands, so that should be the deciding factor IMO.

#13 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thabks man. Ill for sure prob go with the proton because ive felt both and I love the feel of the proton. As u said the feel of the mini isnt very appealing to most. Thanks!!!!

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:51 PM

. Also what other guns in that price range compare to the proton and mini.

Used Axe, it shits down both of their feednecks in every single way imaginable.

#15 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Get a G4 or G5... they have amazing triggers and ergonomics, plus they are the lightest guns around for sub $300 range... Have had my G4 for 2 years and i hosn't gone down on me. Also... bolt stick is a problem they DP is solving before it gets to you now so dont worry about that.

cpILP7C.jpg

Setup: Dangerous Power G4 Black with Blue accents, 45/4500 crossfire, Halo with exalt speed feed, python compression kit (predecessor to the techt ifit)

#16 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

Get a G4 or G5... they have amazing triggers and ergonomics, plus they are the lightest guns around for sub $300 range... Have had my G4 for 2 years and i hosn't gone down on me. Also... bolt stick is a problem they DP is solving before it gets to you now so dont worry about that.

I will mever in my life buy a dp gun. N their retail is shit. Thanks though

#17 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:58 PM

Idk IMO the extcy is actually pretty decent shooting marker
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#18 kornerkutz

kornerkutz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 09:55 PM

I actualy currently hav the extcy

#19 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

The Proton beats every other gun that would cost that much new. It is smoother and quieter than the Mini and has better ergonomics and a better trigger.

Yep Yep and Yep

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#20 pinoballer916

pinoballer916

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:57 AM

like i said in a previous thread

Get the proton..i have one..its a solid reliable marker..had it for 4 months and i play every saturday for 6 hours..never chops..easiest to maintain..dont have to worry about internals..just 3-4 drops of gun oil down asa shoot a couple times and inside will be lubed ..bolt it very nice..one piece..tooless.

the complaints on it freezing..never happen to me..1000 shots back to back...is a very unlikley situation

leaking happen to me once when i first got it..but took it to my local pro shop..put some sealant and fixed..havent had problem since

recommended upgrades 14 inch barrel 685 bore and thats it

smooth.low kick.very quiet,fast,on the fly mode switching..tooless bolt,on off asa(which mini doesnt have)..better argonomics

1400 shots off a 68 4500..up to par with most high end guns

overall its better than the mini and has plenty more features

my setup

Valken Proton (gloss Black)with a CP classic 1 piece barrel 14in 685 bore (dustblack) n hater barrel band(str8killas)_Halo With HK army Epic speedfeed_Ninja 68/4500 Grey Ghost with black ninja/exalt tank grip_All Black Vforce Grillz with dualpane mirror lense

http://www.youtube.com/pinoballer916

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users