• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Ok so I am starting to take some college classes as a sophmore in highschool and the teacher wants us to write a 250 word essay. On what success means to us. I have no clue what to start off with so I thought I would ask the fellow paintball community. Anything would be appreciated.

#2 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:34 PM

Grades, relationships, religion, hobby?

#3 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,920 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:59 PM

Well it's an opinionated essay that's starting the semester so I doubt it's graded. Just a credit no credit assignment..

Just put what you believe success is and meet the word requirement. 250 words is like 2 paragraphs.

IE for me success would be being able to provide for and make my family happy, so I would write about that

Edited by `kook, 21 January 2013 - 04:00 PM.

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#4 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:37 PM

Success to me is accomplishing what you thought was impossible but you did it anyways.

It's a start, no? Good Luck bro, have fun!

#5 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:16 AM

success is another word for values

some people may value success as having a million dollars in the bank, others may say success is a closer relationship to their "God", some may say success is simply being healthy, some may say its having a happy marriage.

I think the teacher is trying to see how YOU define success, what your definition is.

My personal definition of success is balance. A balance between your work and family is to me, what defines success. I know tons of people who make 6 figures that never see their wife or kids. Having balance, is what I consider success. When everything is in balance, you make just enough money to pay the bills, but you can still spend time with your wife and kids, while still doing hobbies and things you love, while being able to have some physical activity to stay healthy, along with good eating habits, that's balance, and that's what I consider successful.

Money comes and goes, one year you make $100,000 the next year you are unemployed. Money DEFINITELY doesn't define success. I know lots of rich people who are paranoid, lonely and miserable.

So I think it's a probe into your values as to what you consider valuable in life.

#6 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:37 PM

it's about setting goals and achieving them. whether it's a high goal or a low goal, it really doesn't matter. from getting the trash taken out so you won't get your ass chewed, to getting a good grade on this paper, to nailing the hot cheerleader at school. how do you go about setting a goal, putting a plan together, putting that plan into place, and then what do you do after you achieve your goal or fail at it ? even in failing at a goal, you always achieve something positive out of it ... a new plan, a better insight .... yadda yadda yadda

#7 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:18 PM

sucess is getting a quality education, a nice paying job that you enjoy, and making babies with your supermodel wife.
Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#8 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:18 PM

Look up the definition of success, put it into your own words and make it somehow relative to your life and beliefs.
Learning how to bullshit an essay is a very good skill to have in high school/college.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#9 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

write the essay on the success of writing a 250 word college essay as a high school sophomore...
Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#10 TexasBalla

TexasBalla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:28 AM

Thanks for all the ideas guys! I got a 100 on it!

#11 btu shortie

btu shortie

im a BAMF thats BTU

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:54 AM

dude thats an easy essay, talk about paintball lol

Shit my english class are first essay was 1500 words with 6 scholarly sources and you ahd to write about an argument without taking a side but explaining which one is right. My professor is something else
Posted Image

#12 spqr-king

spqr-king

Lead the way, all the way!

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

250 words where are you going to Devry... lol all joking aside seems like you would know what success means Im a freshman in my 3rd college and ill be 22 in 2 months... That being said I went from community college to a university so...

Check us out at Retribution Sports!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users