• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

I have been shooting in my garage today and each time i go, i end up getting a barrel break. With my crappy halo, they are breech breaks, but with my rotor on a really low tension, they are barrel breaks. I use the rotor as my main and i don't suspect it as the cause since i am not chopping or anything. I am shooting an axe with a boss bolt at 160 psi and 2.5 turns out for the velocity screw. My garage is about 20 degrees and the paint i am shooting breaks from ONE 2.5 foot drop. Is the problem simply too brittle of paint in a cold environment, or should i be worried that there is a problem with my gun/loader?

#2 Pakistani

Pakistani

www.AliZaman.com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,237 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

lol, its your paint.
your set-up is fine.

KPS Paintball VCU Rams Richmond Rage

If you need help with a Dye gun, PM me!

#3 mymutter

mymutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Yep! It's the paint.

#4 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:01 PM

Whew. Is 2.5 feet a really small drop for paint to be breaking at? . I am really surprised that the paint i got was this brittle. It is some valken echo that my field sells really cheap. At the field it was fine but that was probably because i was playing indoors. Also, are there such things as breech breaks where the bolt doesn't chop the ball but instead the ball is so fragile that as soon as the bolt hits, it breaks? This happened a couple times as well.

#5 mymutter

mymutter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

Yes, 2.5 feet is a really small drop for balls to break at. When it's that brittle, it will break in your hopper, etc

and no, it's not uncommon to have breach breaks or barrel breaks when using paint that brittle. When using ultra brittle paint I sometimes get barrel breaks, right after the break (when testing, not during play) remove the barrel, breach is clean as can be, first 6 inches of the barrel are clean, and you can see where it broke. Very common.

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

Its because you garage is 20 degrees. Any non-winter blend will blend in any gun at those temps.

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 09:20 PM

Its because you garage is 20 degrees. Any non-winter blend will blend in any gun at those temps.

Wouldn't it be fine if i shot it right after i entered a cold environment though? Or does paint get affected really quick. From the time that i entered the garage to the time that the paint broke was about 2 minutes.

#8 Phantom05

Phantom05

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

YOU NEED PAINT!!!!!!!!! Your set up is great but stick to the rotor

#9 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

Would the boss bolt running at 180 and 1.5 runs out be better than 160 psi and 2.5 turns out?

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,040 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

Wouldn't it be fine if i shot it right after i entered a cold environment though? Or does paint get affected really quick. From the time that i entered the garage to the time that the paint broke was about 2 minutes.

I was shooting paint out my backdoor and with like 30 seconds from going outside I was getting barrel breaks, so in my experience it is definitely possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users