Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:15 AM

not sure i follow what you mean

#3 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

if you mean whats the best between Empire, GOG and Smart Parts; then a freak kit is a freak kit, their all the same

#4 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

if you mean whats the best between Empire, GOG and Smart Parts; then a freak kit is a freak kit, their all the same

i dont know if i agree.. about their all the same.. i use a freak. before that i used a pipe barrel kit(dumb x gf).. for the most part a barrel is a barrel.. you get a little more customization with a freak compaired to a empire kit i feel
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#5 Girl10000

Girl10000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

I mean what freak kit would you get the most band for your buck?

#6 tot810

tot810

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

Just get the regular freak kit because I don't think that the super freak is any better. I mean it has the apex tip but I would never even use the apex.

#7 TacticlTwinkie

TacticlTwinkie

*insert witty title*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,974 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

Well the inserts are the same dimensions (length and outer diameter), so they are interchangeable between each kit. Basically you should go with whichever barrel you think looks best. You have the gog/smart parts freak barrel, the empire super freak barrel, and the deadlywinds fibur barrel. All of those use freak inserts.

#8 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:23 PM

I mean what freak kit would you get the most band for your buck?

buy used.. thats what i did.. it was older buy every thing still worked great. also what type of gun do you have. theirs a few freak barrels that are for sell on here

Edited by SCHULER, 22 January 2013 - 11:24 PM.

Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#9 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:52 AM

i dont know if i agree.. about their all the same.. i use a freak. before that i used a pipe barrel kit(dumb x gf).. for the most part a barrel is a barrel.. you get a little more customization with a freak compaired to a empire kit i feel

what about my post don't you agree with exactly? if you read what i posted i said a FREAK KIT is a FREAK KIT.... i said nothing about other barrels at all... it says right on the empire site that the backs are compatable with all original freak kits, hence the backs, tips and inserts are swapable between the three different "brands" making them now...

#10 chadsan

chadsan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:55 AM

kee owns smart parts and empire - hence the empire super freak kit

#11 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

if it were me i would go with the gog/smartparts complete kit, the apex and carbon tip are cool but really not needed. deadly wind is nice but they'll come with 4 inserts max (according to the site) and a case and thats still around 165-ish

#12 Demon

Demon

Master Tech

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:03 AM

go used, get some inserts, you don't need them all, ( i don't care who you are you don't need a .693 or .691) just get the .675 .679 .684 .689 a back/tip/barrel you like and be done with it

Mad Cow Paintball referee and tech
UNL Husker Paintball
"Let's play a game of go fuck yourself, you first..."

My Feedback

#13 SCHULER

SCHULER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:08 AM

what about my post don't you agree with exactly? if you read what i posted i said a FREAK KIT is a FREAK KIT.... i said nothing about other barrels at all... it says right on the empire site that the backs are compatable with all original freak kits, hence the backs, tips and inserts are swapable between the three different "brands" making them now...

sorry man i read it wrong

go used, get some inserts, you don't need them all, ( i don't care who you are you don't need a .693 or .691) just get the .675 .679 .684 .689 a back/tip/barrel you like and be done with it

pretty much said to a t

#14 Phoenix01

Phoenix01

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I'd personally go with the stainless steel freak inserts, the sizes are going to be more true to what they actually measure with a calipers. On the matter of buying a full kit, in most cases it isn't going to be necessary.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users