25 replies to this topic

#1 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

Unofficial Official Ranter.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:34 AM

I hate public transportation, I hate every aspect of it, maybe it's just Hawaii, but on the Island of Oahu, we have ONE bus line, TheBus, yes, they called it TheBus, because why not? They are basically contractors for the government, they are a private business who runs the public transport, their are cabs, but they're expensive as a high-quality hoe and don't go everywhere, on the other hand, the bus costs about 2.50 or 1.75 if you're a child or someone who looks young enough to pass (Me)

So, here is how it works, TheBus comes once an hour, it's never early and always late, unless you count on it being late, then it's on time, so if you need to be at the stop at 10AM, you better damn well be there, because if you think "Ah, its always late, I'll go in like five minutes" It''ll turn in to that episode of Spongebob where he keeps missing the bus, except you're going to be late for work, and also you're fucked.

Now, the bus is shitty because of a few reasons.

A) It doesn't go everywhere.
If you look don't care to look at a map, imagine an Oval, on the bottom right of that oval is Honolulu, on the bottom left, Ewa, in the middle is Mililani, now Mililani is pretty much the transit station of the island, if you get there, you can go anywhere, except Ewa. You see, you need to go to Honolulu, then backtrack to Ewa, instead of just going straight to Ewa, which is a heavy residential area, because fuck those guys who work in Mililani and live in Ewa, you have to add about an hour of travel time, pretty much fisting you in the ass and charging you money for it.

B) It takes for-fucking-ever
Now, imagine in the top middle of the oval is Haleiwa or North Shore, a popular tourist spot, now, you want to drive from Mililani to North Shore, that's about a 20 minute drive without traffic, which is usually during business hours, on the bus, without traffic, it's about 45-50 minutes to an hour of transit time, for less than 10 miles. "Of course, Wolfwood" you say. "It has to stop to pick everyone up!" Yeah, and how about you have a fucking express bus that goes from town to town, TheBus? You have a express WITHIN Honolulu! Honolulu is smaller than a nats dick! You don't need THREE express busses going to locations that are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER, DICK FACE.

The thing is, they USED to have that, but they cut back on spending to increase profits, which is why it's a pain in the hemmeroids to get to Ewa and it takes so long, there are only ever two buses on the same line that go as a round trip, so for me to get from Wahiawa or Mililani, I need to take the 52 going North, which is easy, but there are only two 52s on the road, usually by the time one of them is leaving North Shore, the second one is on it's way, but if shit hits the fan, which it always does, they just get clumped together, resulting in people being late for work. Let me set an example.

I work on the North Shore, and I need to go through Wahiawa to get there, Today, the bus driver had a stroke or something, causing the bus to be late, since their are only two busses, I'm going to be waiting a fucking hour for the next bus to come by, and if one of the busses is slow, the two arrive literally next to each other, this is called "TheClump" This fucks over everyone because now, I'm going to be running an hour late, to avoid this, I need to go an hour early, so now I have jack shit to do until my shift starts, and this happens all the god damn time, so now everyones late, the Bus Driver is laughing his ass off and I'm trying to convince the other passages to tip over the bus like a cow.

C) It's shit.

This happened literally about 8 or so hours ago, I was waiting on TheBus, and it never came, it just did not come, I checker Google Transit, it said everything was fine, I looked at their website, everything was fine, I was lucky that a friend of mine was headed my way and I got a lift, but I later found out that the bus was "Delayed" which means it's not coming, it's just not, you won't see it for an hour. What was the delay? Fuck if I know, I found this out at 3pm, I was waiting for the 11am bus.

Fucking. Bullshit.

Yeah, no, don't TELL anyone trying to get to work that the bus isn't coming and MAYBE they should make plans to get where they need to go, maybe so they can call wherever their going and give them a heads up, no, fucking that noise, leave them in the dark. And the worst part? They won the 2007 "Public Transit award for Excellence" They have that sticker on every bus, like it's laughing at my face, like, that shit won an AWARD, for EXCELLENCE.

The only thing it does excellent is pissing me off, I need to get to work, why the fuck aren't their more busses you greedy cunts? I understand you don't want to have too many, but come the fuck on, this is NORTH SHORE, It's the third most popular tourist attraction, second the Waikiki and the raging meth problem, what the fuck guys? You got an award? For what? Fucking over the most customers on a daily bases?

And can you believe they charge 2.50 for that? and SIXTY DOLLARS a month for a bus pass? Fuck that noise, It's cheaper to hang on the back on a skateboard like in Back to the Future.
And with all this bitching about how I'd rather ride in the back of a shit farmers truck, is that I'm going to use you tomorrow, and the day after that, just so I can get to work, you monopolistic fuck faces.

GET MORE FUCKING BUSES.

#2 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:51 AM

You clearly haven't ever had to take my bus route in winter time when it's -20C and one of the 2 buses on the route is 25 min late. You live in Hawaii stop complaining....

Posted Image

#3 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

You clearly haven't ever had to take my bus route in winter time when it's -20C and one of the 2 buses on the route is 25 min late. You live in Hawaii stop complaining....

You clearly haven't ever had to take a bus route in the middle of the summer when it's almost 90 degrees out with 100% humidity and you've been waiting on your bus at the un-covered bus stop that's running an hour late and you need to get to work.

You live in Shenigenville, Complain more.

Also, twenty-five minutes ain't shit.

#4 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:22 AM

lrn2buyanothermeanoftransportation

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#5 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

They have paintball in Hawaii?? But ya that sucks

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,360 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:54 PM

Why wouldn't they?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:19 PM

Why wouldn't they?

Wait, what's Hawaii?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:03 PM

You clearly haven't ever had to take a bus route in the middle of the summer when it's almost 90 degrees out with 100% humidity and you've been waiting on your bus at the un-covered bus stop that's running an hour late and you need to get to work.

You live in Shenigenville, Complain more.

Also, twenty-five minutes ain't shit.

90 degrees is indeed hot, but I would rather sit in the heat than cold in the negatives. You should be smart enough to dress accordingly for the heat to where it is bearable.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 dragonwing7x@gmail.com

dragonwing7x@gmail.com

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

wolfwood buy A CAR alright wat do ppl think when u walk on the bus with a paintball gun ppl think "oh shit"

Player of STL huSTLe             XTREME paintball park milstatd illinois home of total greif

giphy.gif

http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#10 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:50 PM

I hated using TheBus when I lived in Hawaii. It was always a pain in the ass and they were never ever on time. Except when you weren't there. Fuck them.. -_-

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:09 PM

wolfwood buy A CAR

Do you even understand where he lives?

If you have $10,000 just laying around Posted Image

http://www.stealthel...com/bomber.html

#12 Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:35 PM

Bike?
Super Nintendo, Sega Gensis, when I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this.
-Biggie Smalls
Learned the hard way not to use a speedfeed when its raining. 8/6/11

#13 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:39 PM

Bike?

Posted Image

#14 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:46 PM

90? PFFT that's nothing, last year, in Toronto, we had 42 Celsius (107) with 100% humidity.
Also, our winters are usually something like -30 Celsius (-22) except for the past year and this year where it's been warm (fuck seasonal shift).

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#15 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:53 PM

Hehe, u take a bus ;)

#16 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:19 AM

Yeah, I'll go buy a car, so I can sit in Americas Worst Traffic. yeah, not ONE of the worst, THE worst, and I just happen to have thousands of dollars just sitting around, mum and pop aren't going to buy me a car, even if someone dropped one in my lap, It isn't going anywhere, traffic backs up for miles.

Of course, I wouldn't expect some of you to understand the concept of "Thought" or anything, naw.

Also, you can't really bike in Hawaii, maybe within cities, but it's built on a volcano, it's very hilly.
And I would fucking LOVE it to be -30c outside, I can just wear a coat, I can wear nothing but a speedo and still sweat my sweet ass off.

#17 Blade of grass

Blade of grass

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,224 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:35 AM

Yeah, I'll go buy a car, so I can sit in Americas Worst Traffic. yeah, not ONE of the worst, THE worst, and I just happen to have thousands of dollars just sitting around, mum and pop aren't going to buy me a car, even if someone dropped one in my lap, It isn't going anywhere, traffic backs up for miles.

Of course, I wouldn't expect some of you to understand the concept of "Thought" or anything, naw.

Also, you can't really bike in Hawaii, maybe within cities, but it's built on a volcano, it's very hilly.
And I would fucking LOVE it to be -30c outside, I can just wear a coat, I can wear nothing but a speedo and still sweat my sweet ass off.

You need more than a coat. ATLEAST a hat and gloves. Today is -20c, and I'm going to have a hell of a walk to school. (35-40minute walk, 2.5km their and another 2.5km back).
Also, in -30, you'd die within 5 minutes at the most wearing no clothing.

Edited by Blade of grass, 23 January 2013 - 07:37 AM.

all my legos are stored at my parents hose... so that wont be happening....

48fhih.png

#18 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

in times like these ii love having my licence :) i feel for ya man

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

#19 CdnNinja

CdnNinja

The cake is a lie.

• Members
  • 21,805 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

No you haven't experienced cold until you've seen winter in Southern Ontario.

It was cold today, like all day. Shit got so crazy these little frozen ninja stars started pouring from the sky. Shit was unreal.

Even had to wear gloves.

As for your problem...

Bam bam kaboosh, problem solved.

Posted Image

Edited by CdnNinja, 23 January 2013 - 04:24 PM.

40k-1.png

#20 XxJellyFilledxX

XxJellyFilledxX

Lead Farmer.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,337 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:49 PM

buy a helicopter.

"You can't break a man the way you break a dog or a horse. The harder you beat a man, the taller he stands. To break a man's will, to break his spirit, you have to break his mind."

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:06 PM

It is an electric assisted bike that can reach speeds of up to 50 mph. That being said it is $10,000 and I was being sarcastic but if you do have $10,000 just lying around.

Shit in the the coffee cup of CEO of TheBus.

#22 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:36 PM

Start your own bus company.

#23 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

I vote for a Segway or a moped

#24 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

wolfwood buy A CAR

Do you even understand where he lives?

If you have $10,000 just laying around Posted Image

http://www.stealthel...com/bomber.html

This is better. http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/ :tup:

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#25 Wolfwood

Wolfwood

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:45 AM

You need more than a coat. ATLEAST a hat and gloves. Today is -20c, and I'm going to have a hell of a walk to school. (35-40minute walk, 2.5km their and another 2.5km back).
Also, in -30, you'd die within 5 minutes at the most wearing no clothing.

Good, now I know to NOT run around in sub-zero temperatures naked.

I sometimes get that mixed up.

#26 Silyputy

Silyputy

Senior

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:24 AM

get a race bike you can get used cheap ones lol. Amazing on hills :) and you can go fast. but i dont know how your roads are down their?.... if they are bumpy dont... i have fair roads where i live and i have almost eaten pavement from hitting a rock :P not ever fully yet though just close...

If they talk shit, make them eat it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users