• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 theopalkert14

theopalkert14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:12 PM

My friend is looking to upgrade from his 98 custom to an electronic gun. He wants to be able to get a loader, mask, and market for $250. First of all, is this possible? Second, what would you recommend? He's completely willing and open to new or used. Whatever works out. At a local store they have halo b's going for 60 bucks so just keep that in consideration.
Thanks!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:16 PM

It is possible.

$110 mask of his choice
$130 GoG Enmey
$5 gravity fed loader from WalMart.

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:35 PM

It is possible.

$110 mask of his choice
$130 GoG Enmey

Yeah this is probably the best you can get. But if he wants to take the long, more beneficial route, buy a mask for 110, a tank for 150, and then shell out some money for a nice loader around 150.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 paintballguy2255

paintballguy2255

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:57 PM

$70 Proflexes
http://www.ansgear.c...uildyourown.htm
$130 GOG Enmey
http://www.ansgear.c...nenmeyblack.htm
$15 Primo
http://www.ansgear.c...loaderblack.htm

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:20 PM

Honestly i gona buck the trend here. If he all ready owns a 98c why not suggest to your buddy to keep shooting that. With his $250 get himself a GOOD hopper (halos work great) and the BEST fitting high end mask he can. Then just play for a bit save up some dough and find himself a good higher end marker down the road when he can afford it.

The Tippmann 98c he has may not be the latest or greatest. But they work and sling paint and coming from some one whos been in this game for a a good while from the woods to the speedball feild i can asssure you playing paintball (practicing) will help your game far more than any marker will. Further more if $$$ is tight (guessing by the budget) getting an electro will not really be benificial as he then would not be able to utilise the increased rate of fire due to the cost of paint.

But if he simply must get a new marker. Maybe look into a Used Azodin Blitz, Or GOG Envy/SP Vibe, Or DP E1 ($130), Used Halo Too ($50) and a NEW Good Mask.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#6 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 11:38 PM

used sp vibe 65-80
grills 90
used halo 30

that +-50 left over
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#7 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:40 AM

Honestly i gona buck the trend here. If he all ready owns a 98c why not suggest to your buddy to keep shooting that. With his $250 get himself a GOOD hopper (halos work great) and the BEST fitting high end mask he can. Then just play for a bit save up some dough and find himself a good higher end marker down the road when he can afford it.

The Tippmann 98c he has may not be the latest or greatest. But they work and sling paint and coming from some one whos been in this game for a a good while from the woods to the speedball feild i can asssure you playing paintball (practicing) will help your game far more than any marker will. Further more if $$$ is tight (guessing by the budget) getting an electro will not really be benificial as he then would not be able to utilise the increased rate of fire due to the cost of paint.

But if he simply must get a new marker. Maybe look into a Used Azodin Blitz, Or GOG Envy/SP Vibe, Or DP E1 ($130), Used Halo Too ($50) and a NEW Good Mask.

this is perfectly stated

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:42 AM

this is perfectly stated

I would agree, but the recommended guns are a no no. If hes gonna go mech, go with the enmey.

#9 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:56 AM

he already has the 98... why bother changing gun? it would be more adviseable to get better accessories that you can use no matter what... ie mask, hopper, tank because frankly a 98 just simply works

Edited by fatalreaction, 23 January 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#10 SCHULER

SCHULER

paintball isnt just a sport, it a way of life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

he already has the 98... why bother changing gun? it would be more adviseable to get better accessories that you can use no matter what... ie mask, hopper, tank because frankly a 98 just simply works

very well said
Feedback>http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210389
Gear bag>http://www.techpb.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=216345&st=0&p=3195781&fromsearch=1&#entry3195781

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:01 AM

Oh I know this, just throwing it out there that if he NEEDS to get a new gun, his choice should be the enmey. But im totally with you on the whole gear before gun deal.

#12 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:07 AM

Reason I said the guns I did was original poster specifically specified an electro.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#13 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:58 PM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

"Always put a condom on your stiffi incase you shoot in the safety zone."

#14 D.A.M.Baller321

D.A.M.Baller321

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

He should also get an hpa tank this way he can actually use the gun. Plus isn't co2 being phased out in a couple years.
My link D.A.M.Baller321 feedback
My link LNIB Dye D.A.M.

#15 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:32 PM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

This too. But honestly, at this point in paintball HPA should be expected for most players.

#16 Dits

Dits

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:39 AM

Your friend is not going to get shit with 250$ sorry but its true paintball is a very expensive sport and you might want to save up your money for a bit longer before you start speedball... Just stick with woodsball or play with your tippmann and upgrade the shit out of it...

DITS

#17 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:34 AM

Your friend is not going to get shit with 250$ sorry but its true paintball is a very expensive sport and you might want to save up your money for a bit longer before you start speedball... Just stick with woodsball or play with your tippmann and upgrade the shit out of it...

DITS

Yeah no dont listen to this guy. Dont ever waste your money on upgrading Tippmanns; they're money pits. Just spend it little by little with the necessary stuff: Mask, loader, tank. And then you can go ahead and buy any "speedball" gun you want.

Edited by Orange Chicken, 24 January 2013 - 09:35 AM.

#18 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

This too. But honestly, at this point in paintball HPA should be expected for most players.

I was already assuming that he has an HPA tank of some sort being that most of us do,Although because it is so very similar to the Ion he could use a remote system, or an anti-siphon kit for the co2 tank if that is his current set up. However idk about the the Vibe/Envy but I do know that Ions at least break, and dry out their o-rings if exposed to co2 without one of these measures implemented. MOST GUNS are better off using HPA and NO co2 at all.

#19 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

used sp vibe 65-80
grills 90
used halo 30

that +-50 left over

Exactly and could use that to purchase an N2 tank. Good thinking SCHULER. IDK if I would personally buy my first gun used (not really counting the 98c),however the OP might have a differing opinion, and if he's trying to save some greenbacks its a very viable option, also allowing him to purchase a good tank that he can use on guns he decides to buy further in the future, while increasing his accuracy and efficiency.

#20 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:25 AM

It is possible.

$110 mask of his choice
$130 GoG Enmey

It is possible.

$110 mask of his choice
$130 GoG Enmey

Yeah this is probably the best you can get. But if he wants to take the long, more beneficial route, buy a mask for 110, a tank for 150, and then shell out some money for a nice loader around 150.

you guys both realize he said electro and the eNMey is a mech ion.

Lulzjustacat.png

#21 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

never buy a used mask unless it has a swap out foam system like the V-force grill does, because that's just gross having all that dirty sweat and other crap from someone else on the foam and you putting your face in it, might as well play with a rental mask. I'm guessing by halo you mean the halo TOO? yea I've never seen any TOO go for $25, $40 maybe.

Lulzjustacat.png

#22 gorgeousllama

gorgeousllama

THE LLAMA.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

Used blitz/sp vibe/ gog envy - $100
used halo- $40
NEW proflex- $70
48/30 HPA- $40

There ya go.... $250 on the mark...

Axe Pro, Spire, 68/45 Ninja, Virtue Vio

Feedback
+12/0/-0

#23 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 11:30 PM

Look at gearbag sales on the b/s/t. You'll probably be able to find a good, complete used setup for 250 if you can bargain.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#24 johncasey635

johncasey635

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

For 269.85 you should get valken v max, Empire Aluminum 47/3000 Basic Tank - High Pressure Output, and azodin blitz. You can get this on ans gear

#25 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,606 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

For 269.85 you should get valken v max, Empire Aluminum 47/3000 Basic Tank - High Pressure Output, and azodin blitz. You can get this on ans gear

No no no no no. VMax sucks a stubby chode, and I wouldnt go with an aluminum tank: they're heavy and eventually you just stop using them when you buy a carbon fiber tank. Just get a carbon fiber tank used. As for the blitz, its just another sear tripper, nothing truely electro. I would save for an extcy or a used vibe.

#26 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:57 PM

slap yourself please. no one should ever recommend a v-max to ANYONE! used halo too is the optimal choice.

Lulzjustacat.png

#27 willy704

willy704

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:42 PM

V-Max's are pretty good for 60 bucks. It's not like this guy's ever gonna be shooting more than 15 bps.
MARQ OWNERS ARE A SUPERIOR RACE

Posted Image

#28 PaintballNewbie

PaintballNewbie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:27 AM

I would buy a used profiler for around 25-40 dollar. Here is a link to 40 dillar grillz http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=211730 Used too (is what just what i got and its not a bad loader) and get a good 4500 tank Or just get the 48/3000 for now. Then save up 250 for the extcy.

Edited by PaintballNewbie, 30 January 2013 - 08:35 AM.

#29 BraiNfreeZe

BraiNfreeZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:26 AM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

never buy a used mask unless it has a swap out foam system like the V-force grill does, because that's just gross having all that dirty sweat and other crap from someone else on the foam and you putting your face in it, might as well play with a rental mask. I'm guessing by halo you mean the halo TOO? yea I've never seen any TOO go for $25, $40 maybe.

I was talking about a used halo b. They're 50_75 used for the b reloader with the v35. A regular halo b can be had for $25-40 used.

#30 Budget Balla Kid

Budget Balla Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

$50 used pro flexes
$175 Gog Envy
$25 Halo

Halos aren't 25 bucks

#31 Orange Chicken