• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FCpaintballer

FCpaintballer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:10 PM

There is a tournament March 2nd that I want to attend,It's a five man "race to" format; this would be my first tournament however I have been playing walk on speedball for about a year. What should I expect as far as how much paint I should shoot, rules/reffing, player conduct ETC. Thank you.

#2 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 09:38 PM

I am wondering the same thing except i am playing young guns. I am also wondering if i am constantly playing games or not.

#3 PandasEverywhere

PandasEverywhere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

First off get a team or get on a team and make sure you guys have some strategy. Practice all the skills like snapping, bunkering, and dives.
As for paint it just depends on you. Anywhere from 6 to 20 cases honestly. The most I ever shot is 13. Reffing will, hopefully, be good and you will not be constantly playing. Rules are whatever they set most follow PSP.

#4 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Edited by Master_Chief, 28 January 2013 - 12:14 AM.

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#5 Master_Chief

Master_Chief

All or Nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:11 AM

Be prepared to play a lot of paintball! Stay hydrated and eat throughout the day, as well as the night before. Make sure every last bit of your gear is in perfect working condition before hand; I usually bring my gearbag along with all of my other teamates to a teamates house and we all clean our gear and shoot them the before the tournament too. And make sure to sleep!

If you can, try to walk the field and get to know its odds and ends before hand to see how it plays (be it the night before, day of, or even if you can play the field). Try to make a couple simple break outs with your team. Try to work through any and every possibility that could happen in game so you are prepared if it happens in game.

For the day of, get there and get set up, talk with your team, and stay relaxed. Refs will do their best to call a fair match so respect that. Try to keep the pits in a positive atmosphere and a calm one too. Make sure you communicate and work through problems or break throughs you encounter.

Be prepared to shoot anywhere from 2-4 cases of paint to be safe. This number will always change but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Just remember to be strong and go balls out agressive yet really smart and methodical. Pain is temporary, victory is eternal (kinda).

Good luck!!

Why not?

-Derrick Rose

Square 1 Soldiers

#6 PaintBa11Kid

PaintBa11Kid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

I am wondering the same thing except i am playing young guns. I am also wondering if i am constantly playing games or not.

Where do they have young guns at?

#7 marceldacs

marceldacs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

At certain fields they hold tournaments. FOr example, i play young gun tournaments at CPX and Fox in illinois. I will also play in PBE's D4 winter tournaments.

#8 stinkfingr

stinkfingr

time traveller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Location:Trapped Between The Worlds Of Make Believe, And Large Giant Multi Colored Shimmering Jello Cubes

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Make sure you have a team captain as they will have a captains meeting before the matches start. They will outline their rules and what not. Bring along some adjustment tools for the chrono and such, and listen to their announcements. Some places do not have a loudspeaker and they announce the teams just by yelling. It becomes very easy with all of the paintball guns firing and people talking and yelling to miss a match play, and then forfeit a game.

good luck

Edited by stinkfingr, 01 February 2013 - 01:49 AM.

#9 EmpirePB

EmpirePB

Here. Wipe my balls off your face.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

if you feel yourself get shot, call for a check!

Member of Hooligans D4 Team

#10 116clique

116clique

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

The tournament was March 2nd... big necropost.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users